Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Disappointed with Game Insight

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
Thanks, I know you have to click the greens icon! Just on my game it doesn’t work. I can tap as many times as I like and it doesn’t open! Click the greens icon, really!
Try just going through the bank as that worked for me today

Try just going through the bank as that worked for me today
Thanks, but I actually have no intention of spending money. I was simply commenting on the fact that the greens cash shortcut doesn’t work….. on my iOS. Doubt I’m alone, but please that’s no reason for a deluge of replies saying yes it does or no it doesn’t!

Robbie Laker

1300+ Star Club
Mitenrabo Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
Thanks, but I actually have no intention of spending money. I was simply commenting on the fact that the greens cash shortcut doesn’t work….. on my iOS. Doubt I’m alone, but please that’s no reason for a deluge of replies saying yes it does or no it doesn’t!

Thanks, but I have no intention of spending money. I was simply commenting on the fact that yet another bug has surfaced, but thats no reason for a deluge of retorts. Doubt you're alone, really.

Yes, there is a glitch. But what @NJC159 is trying to say is that: icon 1 doesn’t work, whereas icon 2 does. Just that.

1B779898-02DE-46F9-82F3-8A0AF7C5C23B.jpeg

Mega Fleet Lord

Free Federation
Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
20RG6CM2E
Username
FleetLord
Well the greenies sale is back so there is still hope for an expansion sale in the future :)
Who knows, maybe in the near future someone may be able to buy it as a going concern for next to nothing. Stranger things have happened :ROFLMAO:
I realized even w/ this crazy sale of 627 greenies for the full price of many games of $49.99 is not enough to upgrade my Powerful oil refinery to level 3 let lone the next level or upgrading Any other bld ... that is INSANITY

Hi all,

I was contemplating a few days ago if I should chime in at all, or not. Airport City and all things related were a huge part of my life for 8 years, but then my last day at the company was Dec 30, 2019, so this is kind of 'none of my business' anymore. I did keep in touch with some team members ever since, so I was aware of team's plans and ongoing work. And even though I might have disagreed with a direction / feature choice the team took after my departure, the game was in good hands of people who cared about it. (And of course you have to keep in mind development team doesn't always have a say in these things, as F2P games are very much dependent on marketing pricing / influx of new players regardless of the 'core audience' size which means if the market is bad some feature decisions are mandated by business executives, not nominal project leads / game designers).

Unfortunately, the discussion of 'dev team should focus on feature A instead of B and C' is no longer relevant because of the large-scale invasion Russia started in February. @BobbinsPilot has nailed it all. To give you a little more insight, mobile game development was something Russian game studios (or European ones with large Russian presence for the sake of having actual laws protecting your IP and reputation) were really good at, and were competing with established US/European studios while not borrowing a cent of state money - which is something you can't say about Russian gas/oil companies, or Russian movie industry. This is all destroyed now overnight because of the crazy ambitions of an old man armed with nuclear weapons who completely lost his touch with reality. Here's an article that provides some details on the scale of trouble for game developers with offices in Russia. This is not a full list by any means, too, many other companies are doing massive layoffs, while some smaller ones disappear without anyone noticing.

For Game Insight specifically, and for legal reasons I'm citing here public Twitter accounts of former employees, all offices were shut down overnight with no advance warning. Moscow-based Airport City team (game designers, engineers, community / operations) was let go in its entirety, Novosibirsk art team responsible for most buildings and planes was let go in its entirety, with some employees having trouble right now to get paycheck for the last month of work. The servers are on for the time being, but the best you can expect in the coming months is rehash of the older special events, if the new Russian-based IP owner assembles a skeleton crew to do that. We're talking 2-5 people max to keep the game running 'as is' instead of 30-40 members AC team had previously (that's my estimate). As I've mentioned, entire community team was let go, too, so don't be surprised no one answers on AC social pages, there're no new posts on Facebook page since June 13, etc. As they're under NDA, most can't talk about these matters in public, as well.

Overall, I think Airport City had a great run with 11+ years in live operations, so I hope a lot of people had fun time with it. I certainly did, and have fond memories of our development efforts. And last but not least, we were very lucky to have the vibrant and engaged community on this forum, that certainly helped our team make informed decisions while I was there. Long live the memory of exciting adventures in Airport City! ✈️
Hi thank you for the update.. sorry to hear about the redundancies of good developers etc. the importance of a good company, especially in software development or app development is the people and the knowledge. Once that goes it is very difficult to replace and re-build. This has been a very interesting thread and also a sad one.

I used to work for a Uk software company and we had a very powerful design program that had been developed over a long time. Over 25 milion lines of code. Excel has about the same. These game are also very sophisticated. The problem with code is someone new being able to go into the code and understand it enough to fix bugs and to develop further. Buying the program is not enough you need to bring in the same people to start with to take over the transition from the previous regime to the new regime. It is the knowledge of the people that is important.

I am sad to see it go this way because I have enjoyed the game and was wondering why no new updates have been appearing. I just hope the current skeleton crew are able to maintain the future update of the operating systems ie IOS 16 soon to be released, plus other like Android, windows etc.

All this because if 1 idiot, who, when he was sane he built up the country over many years to improve the living conditions and business and then as an idiot, destroyed it with his or his advisors ambitions, not thinking about the wider implications. I used to do business in Russia selling software and saw the changes from 1990’s onwards. It was massive now gone back to those days almost overnight..

I will keep playing, having invested some cash but plenty of time. I hope the game will be rescued and be developed further.

Top Bottom