Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Disappointed with Game Insight

Robbie Laker

1300+ Star Club
Mitenrabo Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
Is there any way to migrate the code base to servers out of Russia? Just wondering if someone would be able to transfer the IP and data, even if it means some loss?
first: who is the owner of the domains? This person or the Admin-C can arrange the movement of the domains to another server.
second: who is the owner of the game? It is not the community.
Sorry to say it: the community has totally no rights :-(

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
And there you have it folks, Free2Play has also nailed it, but I didn't want to be as honest as he / she was - The game is pretty much dead now or as we say in England, its on its ass.

The servers that the games connect too are based in Russia, however at the moment they are being routed through a proxy in Estonia (A proxy is like a gateway in between the game and the internet that routes traffic to where ever it needs too, just in case you didn't know) and this is one of the main reasons I have recently had to spend 22 hours a day re-building my development team with Ukrainian Developers who I didn't even knew existed until the old man did what he did and I have to say, I for one am grateful that this great talent pool has now been unleashed as they are the most intelligent and diligent developers I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Anyway, back to the context of my post - In the last 3 months I have lost and had to replace 22 developers, rapidly remove servers from Russia and not without losing tonnes of data because our hosting platform of choice was shutdown almost over night and all we could access was our remote backups.

Now I was very very fortunate in the fact that I had some insurance in place that has covered around 60% of the cost of this and means that hopefully, within a month I will have a crack team of Ukrainian developers all up to speed and can continue with business, but alas, for those companies that were heavily engrained in Russia ( I also have 21 developers in the UK of various guises) the time is now over and I genuinely would not be surprised if within the coming quarter, GI are forced to declare bankruptcy or whatever the process is in Lithuania and put their assets up for sale, because as Free2Play alluded too, this has been catastrophic for them and a lot of innocent companies who placed their faith in the labour market available in Russia, which lets not forget, are just ordinary people like me and you, trying to earn a living.

RIP Airport City
I know it may look grim, but I'm not giving up on Airport City just yet. Things may be on freeze for a while, but I believe they can rejuvenate things once again. It's just a matter of how patient us players can be during this time. Now that GI is in a tough spot, are we going to bail now that the updates arent coming? Or are we going to continue our own game objectives until they get things going again? Now is the time that the truly committed players will shine; I hope to be one of them. As long as my game is playable and my fleet can fly, gameplay continues until I accomplish my main goals.They'll pull through.

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
Indeed, last two weeks they were NOT greenies and land on sale, so unless you would like to by green notes on regular price, you are not able to spend your money for AC :)
I really need a land expansion but don't know whether to wait for the half price land or just go ahead and use my greenies. :oops:

I really need a land expansion but don't know whether to wait for the half price land or just go ahead and use my greenies. :oops:
I would say - keep your greenies for the moment. Either the game will survive and one of the fist action should be to restart the sale of greenies (and land) or it will die and then you don't need the land at all.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
Well at least while there are no events forthcoming we can focus on other things like Alliance flights etc. While we are in this hiatus I have given my 6yr old son the green light to build a couple of things he's been keen on like lvl 3 helipad and lvl 2 launchpad as he was quite upset when he noticed things weren't normal. He's been my copilot for about 3 years starting off by just tapping to collect stuff. We lost our first account on a kindle a couple of years ago where we had a Ranger Jumbo gifted to us, there were tears of joy the other day when I showed him we had one on this account thanks to that last event.

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
I would say - keep your greenies for the moment. Either the game will survive and one of the fist action should be to restart the sale of greenies (and land) or it will die and then you don't need the land at all.
I pretty much agree, I can just keep buildings in my warehouse until then. :)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I can't see the game going away long term. Someone will buy it, at some point. Especially if the company was previously profitable.
Im fully confident that Airport City will be the last game they would get rid of before they completely dissolve. It's their most profitable game if I recall correctly

Mega Fleet Lord

Free Federation
Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
20RG6CM2E
Username
FleetLord
the time is now over and I genuinely would not be surprised if within the coming quarter, GI are forced to declare bankruptcy or whatever the process is in Lithuania and put their assets up for sale, because as Free2Play alluded too, this has been catastrophic for them and a lot of innocent companies who placed their faith in the labour market available in Russia, which lets not forget, are just ordinary people like me and you, trying to earn a living.

RIP Airport City
like others i wish I had the money to buy them out. ☹

BobbinsPilot

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mxmo3
Username
BobbinsPilot
like others i wish I had the money to buy them out. ☹
It is something I have informally enquired about, whether or not they would be forthcoming with any financial information is another matter. Last years revenue before any deduction, EBITDA etc was $27 million but this will obviously include any tangible assets, other games, revenue etc

It is something I have informally enquired about, whether or not they would be forthcoming with any financial information is another matter. Last years revenue before any deduction, EBITDA etc was $27 million but this will obviously include any tangible assets, other games, revenue etc
💡Ummm, you might want to revisit then IF the information on the internet is true and you are in a serious position. 🤔

The last two months show revenue ~$1 million each month (four known Russian offices plus headquarters in Lithuania can't possibly be sustained), laid off 10's of employees each week during May\June until all 600 were suddenly released and without pay; just "skeleton crew remains".

Their CEO and other execs left, "leaving company assets to be dissolved". Much of this cited due to sanctions, poor management, Lithuania's official stance on Russia, etc. - just Google ⌨️.

Update: appears GI is liquidating its Russian assets to officially sever all ties. This likely will take some time before they are back at full strength.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
Well the greenies sale is back so there is still hope for an expansion sale in the future :)
Who knows, maybe in the near future someone may be able to buy it as a going concern for next to nothing. Stranger things have happened :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom