Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

COVID19/aka Corona Virus, What's Happening Around the World. ***KEEP COMMENTS CIVIL, PLEASE!

D

Deleted member 9675

As there are many here from around the globe, it would be nice to hear how this pandemic is affecting you and those around you.

What I have been seeing and reading, what other nations are doing to combat the spread; some plans of action good, some not so good.

An example of good is shutting down schools as well as large functions, parades, concerts, etc, that would put people at a higher risk.

But honestly, over there in the UK!!!? Quarantine anyone over 70 for 4 months!!!!.
Thats an example of poor decision making.

By the way, if there is anyone, I give credit to, it's more to the citizens of Italy. Despite the isolation, the deaths, etc, people unite and sing on their balconies. Thats unification of the human spirit.

BTW I live in Racine, Wisconsin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Portugal:
Schools closed, all levels, until April 11th (includes 2 weeks Easter break)
Universities are replacing presencial classes with online ones.
At my university, as for now, the library still allows loans, but students can’t stay within the facility. All contacts between students and staff must be by electronic means or phone. Documents that must be physically sent to students (as diplomas and such) will be sent by (slow) mail .
Bars closed after 19:00
Nightclubs closed.
Visits to elderly care homes are suspended
Restaurants with capacity reduced by 30% to allow sanitary distance between customers
No tickets sold on buses (Lisbon only). In practical terms, free rides on Lisbon public buses. Buses stop at all marked stops, no need to press button.
also, number of customers restricted on shoppings, supermarkets etc
Pharmacies are invited to sell medicines thru a wicket, doors closed.
Churches are closed and masses transmitted on line in some parishes
Most museums closed, along with municipal theaters, some gyms, and other communitarian buildings.
People are urged to stay home, and go out only for work and basic needs shopping. telework if possible.
Extra policing on beaches: it’s now forbidden any event to take place on beaches
Decision about closing borders, namely terrestrial borders with Spain will be analyzed this Monday

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Ohio U.S.

All gatherings of over 100 people canceled. (except weddings & funerals)
Schools closed starting today (Monday) for at least 3 weeks.
Many public and private facilities closed and more closing daily.
Visitors not allowed to nursing Homes.
Hospitals have put in place emergency measures.
Restaurants and bars closed except for takeout or delivery.
All sporting events postponed or canceled.
National travel advised against. International travel restricted (especially to Europe)
Social Isolation is advocated to all. Everyone not feeling well should self quarantine.
None seriously ill asked to stay away from Emergency Rooms and consult private physicians.

We have so many students on free and reduced meals that the school buses will be stopping at their regular routes for the next 2 days dropping off breakfasts and lunches for students to pick up. After that, breakfast and lunches will be available for pickup curbside at school sites for the duration of the school closure. I hope they remembered to give some homework to the kids to keep them busy for the next month.

We have 1 door open into our hospital, with the exception of the ambulance bay. You have to sign in and answer a short questionaire to get in..
Have not heard a single word about our only nursing home or assisted living facility. (strangely quiet)
Also, nothing heard about restaurants here, We have no bars in this town, but we do have a couple of brewery/pubs. Nothing published about them, either.
No restrictions on shopping or work.

Our City Council and Board of Supervisors are so arrogant, they think that since we're a little nowhere town, that nothing will happen. Sad part is, we are a tourist destination, and soon, there will be more than they will be able to handle. It took several local activists publicly shaming the school board to get them to close the schools - they finally did it this morning. The good thing is, we're a small enough town it's easy to maintain some semblance of social isolation.

D

Deleted member 9675

Being I am under the weather I have another parent of a schoolmate of Kendrah's. As they all seem to be the resilient ones, the children, the other parent is helping with Kendrah for several days. The parent is doing activities as well as educational lessons including reading to keep the children's brain cells from rotting.
Schools here have decided to continue w the meals they normally provide although the students, under the care of a parent or guardian, have to go to 4 or 5 designated schools for the meals, available M-T 8-9.

D

Deleted member 9675

A friend called me late last night on messenger and described her venture to town yesterday as being eerie. What with 'town' being the last central hub before heading 'downeast' or into Bar Harbor Maine, Ellsworth usually has early season tourists.
Main St was so empty, one can stroll right down the street and not have a care about traffic. Parking lots, are as empty as the shelves in the stores.
Eerie in a sense that it made my friend so uncomfy, it woke her from a sound sleep.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fxfv73
Username
dragon space
As there are many here from around the globe, it would be nice to hear how this pandemic is affecting you and those around you.

What I have been seeing and reading, what other nations are doing to combat the spread; some plans of action good, some not so good.

An example of good is shutting down schools as well as large functions, parades, concerts, etc, that would put people at a higher risk.

But honestly, over there in the UK!!!? Quarantine anyone over 70 for 4 months!!!!.

By the way, if there is anyone, I give credit to, it's more to the citizens of Italy. Despite the isolation, the deaths, etc, people unite and sing on their balconies. Thats unification of the human spirit.

BTW I live in Racine, Wisconsin.

Holland has closed schools, snackbars, and coffeeshops.
Also nightclubs and sexclubs are closed.
By regional decision public librarys are closed.
Hospitals are postponing sheduled operations.
Myself i won't visit any of my neighbours for a while(excluded Airport neighbours of course)

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
In France, All schools (from 3 years old baby to university) are closed starting from this Morning.
All bars, restaurants, night clubs, … (all what it is not needed to let France live). Only store where we can buy food stay open.
Macron will speak tonight (20:00 UTC+1), we think that we will have to stay at home next few days/weeks, or maybe we will be allowed to go out only for work and until 18:00 each day.
Also, some private companies are closing. other private companies ask to their employees to work from home.

It seems that the worst is comming next few days (10 days ??)...

To all : Stay at home ! enjoy Airportcity safely :D !

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Not much has changed in the UK at present. Expect that to change later today though.

We seem to be all "Keep Calm and Carry On", "Dunkirk spirit" yadda yadda.
This is the same country where people were calling the police when KFC had a shortage for a few days...:rolleyes:

Seriously, the main tactic seems to be to assume everyone is going to get it, so to manage that so as not to overburden the NHS at the same time, but still to accept that many elderly people or with underlying health conditions will die.
I appreciate it's a different tack to the rest of the world, and quite the gamble, so let's hope the government haven't cocked up.

To be fair, that's not actually policy yet...although it is actually *A* policy, which seems to be more than the 'Wait-and-see-and-hope-it-blows-over' guess work we've currently for a government.

Schools probably will close at some point this week, as the rest of the country will follow Scotland's lead and ban mass gatherings..
The main shortages are toilet roll and dried pasta, but there's loads of localised support groups springing up that will do shopping for those that can't.

Finally, with a total lack of sport going on, tens of thousands of men met their immediate family this weekend...they seemed nice ;)

We seem to be all "Keep Calm and Carry On", "Dunkirk spirit" yadda yadda.
This is the same country where people were calling the police when KFC had a shortage for a few days...:rolleyes:

Seriously, the main tactic seems to be to assume everyone is going to get it, so to manage that so as not to overburden the NHS at the same time, but still to accept that many elderly people or with underlying health conditions will die.
I appreciate it's a different tack to the rest of the world, and quite the gamble, so let's hope the government haven't cocked up.

Schools probably will close at some point this week, as the rest of the country will follow Scotland's lead and ban mass gatherings..
The main shortages are toilet roll and dried pasta, but there's loads of localised support groups springing up that will do shopping for those that can't.

Finally, with a total lack of sport going on, tens of thousands of men met their immediate family this weekend...they seemed nice ;)

I can see mass gatherings being banned, think the rumour of no more then 500 is going round. I don't think the schools will close, despite there being calls for this. However, with Government meetings everyday, it can all easily change!

I find it amazing that our president says anyone who wants to be tested can be tested. But unfortunately, that's not true. Many, many people are being denied testing, even if they have the symptoms. They claim they have sent enough test kits to California to be able to test 10s of thousands of people (California population 40 million) - reality is about 8,000 actual functioning kits. He doesn't want the number of cases to go up in the US, just like he didn't want to let the people off the cruise ship that finally was allowed to dock in Oakland. "I don’t need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn’t our fault. "

All the toilet paper is gone
All the milk is gone
All the bread is gone
All the meat is gone
I can't even do my basic shopping anymore!
But surprisingly, even with the kids out of school, the chips and cookies shelves are still full! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: We were told our local walmart wouldn't be getting another truck in for 10 days. Don't know if that was true, but it certainly is looking like it. Hurts a lot, because we only have 2 grocery stores in our town. :(

Nightfish

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03txcuwp
Username
nightfish
I'm from Turkey. All schools were closed from last week and most companies allowed their employees to work from home. All public places such as cafes and parks are closed just 2 hours ago.

Official number for infected is 18 nation wide, however this is an obvious lie. Uncle of a friend of mine died today because of the virus but hospital stated the cause of death as heart failure.

People are panic buying just like the rest of the world. I was mocking them but I think I'm going to over stock myself as it looks like we will not be allowed to go outside by this weekend.

D

Deleted member 9675

things trickle in from around the world as changes are made, new policies put in place, etc.
Seeing as how the cleaning service I get 2-3 X per week, cant keep ppl employed, the service called today to say that if another person quits on my watch, they wont send anyone else on those days until the pandemic has passed. Yep, now lets quarantine the elderly n disabled and deny them more services.
Not like I have anyone else to do errands for me.

Top Bottom