Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Cinema Films, DVD Films, DVD Boxsets, DVD TV Series

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
In the last few days of the month of July, here are a few interesting cinema films to keep both your eyes open for:

Gwen (15)
Midsommar (18)
Varda by Agnès (15)
Never Look Away (15)
The Lion King 2D (PG)
The Dead Don't Die (15)

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Soylent Green (1973) - one of the great science fiction films from the early 1970's, it is a dystopian vision of an over populated and polluted future, on the brink of collapse.

1564053755867.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
An interesting selection of new cinema films for the end of July and the beginning of August, well worth keeping both your eyes open for:

The Chambermaid (15)
Come Together: Woodstock (18)
Heat of the Moment: Le Bonheur (15)
Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love (12A)
Loulou (18) After the Wave: Young French Cinema in the 1970s

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Out of The Past (1947) - also know as Build My Gallows High here in the UK - is one of the best examples of film noir, with solid performances from all those in front of and behind the camera.

1564220927222.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A very interesting selection of new cinema films for the end of July and the beginning of August, well worth keeping both your eyes open for:

The Chambermaid (15) - Come Together: Woodstock (18) - Heat of the Moment: Le Bonheur (15)
Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love (12A) - Loulou (18) After the Wave: Young French Cinema in the 1970s

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Current War - this film presents the story of the war between electricity titans Thomas Edison, and partners George Westinghouse and Nikola Tesla, which determined whose electrical system would power the modern world.

@ItsRalphy - this film was released this week and I would recommend it, it looks very interesting.

1564307993787.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Third Man (Black and White 1949) - a wonderful example of British film noir at its very finest - it is the photography, the lighting, and the wonderful scenery of post-war Vienna which defines the film. Solid acting across the board.

1564309680301.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

The Current War - this film presents the story of the war between electricity titans Thomas Edison, and partners George Westinghouse and Nikola Tesla, which determined whose electrical system would power the modern world.

@ItsRalphy - this film was released this week and I would recommend it, it looks very interesting.

View attachment 21121

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
Glad to get your thoughts, the trailers look really good so I will have to make sure I see it!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Comedy Double Acts
If comedy doubles acts are to your taste then this Abbott & Costello Collection box set is the one to buy. The set marks the 70th anniversary of Abbott and Costello's double act, whose work in radio, film and television made them one of the most popular and respected comedy acts in history. This 13 disc DVD box set includes all their classic films, and with a prize tag of £25.00 - I would very much recommend this box set.

upload_2017-12-31_10-42-53.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Marx Brothers - a box set collection of eight of their classic films - The Cocoanuts (1929), Animal Crackers (1930), Monkey Business (1931), Horse Feathers (1932), Duck Soup (1933), Room Service (1938), Love Happy (1949) and A Girl in Every Port (1952) - somewhat of an acquired taste, but well worth it, if you are into this type of on screen humour.

1564478371843.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Marx Brothers - a box set collection of six films of their classic films - A Night At The Opera (1935), A Day At The Races (1937), At The Circus (1939), Go West (1940), The Big Store (1941) and A Night In Casablanca (1946) - this is a second box set I would recommend, if this is to your taste.

1564505500534.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Complete Buster Keaton Short Films (1917-1923) - this luxurious four-disc box set contains thirty two short films between 1917-1923 - an impressive box set of films in Blu-Ray priced at £25.99

1564567506119.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Harold Lloyd: The Definitive Collection - nine disc DVD box set - for me he was ranked along side the likes of Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton - this box set is compehensive, it includes all his silent feature films and much more besides - I would very much recommend this box set, if this type of early cinema is to your taste.

51jpUaUX4rL._SY445_.jpg

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
This ten disc DVD box set Charlie Chaplin - The Essential Collection Featuring 50 Films And An Exclusive Biographical Documentary - features 50 of his early films - with a prize tag of £18.65 I would very much recommend this box set, if this type of early cinema is to your taste.

1564677076961.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
During the first week of the month of August, an interesting selection of new cinema films well worth keeping both your eyes open for:

Animals (15)
Blinded by the Light (12A)
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (18)
Heat of the Moment: I Knew Her Well (15*)

@ItsRalphy - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (18) - this is Quentin Tarantino’s latest film, a glorious look at the final years of Hollywood’s Golden Age, with a lively soundtrack and an impressive all-star cast. This film may be of interest to you.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Three Stooges - Ultimate Collection (DVD Format) - The Three Stooges unique brand of humour is somewhat of an aquired taste, this box set is very much worth it, if this is to your taste.

1564919327440.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Monkey Magic: The Complete Box Set (1978-1980) - for those of you who are old enough, this is series one and series two of the Japanese television adaptation of the ancient Chinese legend. The cult classic box set Includes all of the original dubbed episodes, and 13 previously unseen subtitled episodes. Series one has 26 episodes and series two has 26 episodes. Priced at £49.29 for the box set - this is well worth it if this is to your taste.

1565024028701.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Monkey Magic: The Complete Box Set (1978-1980) - for those of you who are old enough, this is series one and series two of the Japanese television adaptation of the ancient Chinese legend. The cult classic box set Includes all of the original dubbed episodes, and 13 previously unseen subtitled episodes. Series one has 26 episodes and series two has 26 episodes. Priced at £49.29 for the box set - this is well worth it if this is to your taste.

View attachment 21271

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
OMG - now that really is a blast from the past - never understood it, but it was on every night after kids TV finished, just before the news when te would be ready! Instantly took me back to my childhood.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
OMG - now that really is a blast from the past - never understood it, but it was on every night after kids TV finished, just before the news when te would be ready! Instantly took me back to my childhood.

It was a classic cult TV series from the late 1970's, always enjoyed watching it, quite mad really.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom