Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Change in Bonus Activation

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
So, I just noticed that the bonus now only applies for the flights before you send the flight.

When I activate bonus (I tried with comfort class) when the plane is in the air, it doesn’t count. Is it only me?
C3C9089C-5681-4704-88C7-4B7B9024662B.png

Now I’m wondering if it’s the same for all bonus (SkyCaptain, Weathervane, Quantum Leap, etc)

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
So, I just noticed that the bonus now only applies for the flights before you send the flight.

When I activate bonus (I tried with comfort class) when the plane is in the air, it doesn’t count. Is it only me?
View attachment 31064

Now I’m wondering if it’s the same for all bonus (SkyCaptain, Weathervane, Quantum Leap, etc)
I activated a weathervane this morning after sending out a Condor and I’m 90% sure it worked, but I wasn’t actively looking.
Try visiting Malden/restarting and see if the image updates. It could just be that?

You can now run business class and comfort class together. You couldn’t before this update.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I activated a weathervane this morning after sending out a Condor and I’m 90% sure it worked, but I wasn’t actively looking.
Try visiting Malden/restarting and see if the image updates. It could just be that?

You can now run business class and comfort class together. You couldn’t before this update.

Nope, restarting the game or visiting Madlen doesn’t change it. The bonus still only applies to new flights not existing flights.

But yeah, I just noticed about the Business Class and Comfort Class can now be activated together.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Nope, restarting the game or visiting Madlen doesn’t change it. The bonus still only applies to new flights not existing flights.

But yeah, I just noticed about the Business Class and Comfort Class can now be activated together.
Interesting.
Looking at the coin values on the flight, it looks as though a previous bonus was still active?

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
Kiwi C: [item/s]
Reward (XP / Coin / Drop rate) increase bonuses active at time of take off, or during flight, were always irrelevant - they only give/gave bonus if active at time of claiming.
The icons & values showing on active flights show what you will get if you land & claim while bonus active - not always what you will actually get.

#editted for clarity.

Last edited:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
It is interesting that this subject matter has come up. I noticed a few days ago, that in order for a Vintage Weathervane to have an effect on all my planes, I need to send up all my planes first, then activate the bonus. Any planes sent up after the bonus is activated, will not benefit from the 35% speed up for 6 hours.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade

View attachment 31064

Also, the bonus apllies to the flight even if the bonus is finished ! I saw it with my Potion of luck : duration 30 minutes, and the icone was still on my 3h30 flight when it landed !

Device
  1. iPhone
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20fanxaw
Username
LAX International

View attachment 31064

yes that does happen

Thank you @Dafsade

So there IS a change in this bonus thingy. I will need to check again later.

It sucks tho, sometimes I activate Sky Captain in the morning when all my flights are done. Now it seems that we can’t do that anymore.
Same here :(
I really don’t like this change

I just did some tests :
- Weathervan works as before
- Business class, Comfort class, Sky Captain work only if you activate them before the flight !
- It seems that for golen key and dice, work only if you activate them before the flight too ...
Wait a sec...
This morning i activated sky captain when the planes landed (before i click them all). And it works. Activate VW when the plane is in the air and still works.

OK -- had to give it a try. Neither Sky Captain not Jet Pack showed as active when I activated after sending off planes. Makes me a bit angry, even though I had a few to spare. So I sent a message to GI. Although we pretty much know what their response will be.

"I am very upset! Your developers changed the way bonuses are activated without giving us warning. I wasted a spyglass (9 airport cash) and a jet pack (10 gold token, 500 silver tokens) by activating them AFTER my planes took off, only to find they are not active and needed to be activated before sending out planes. I have always activated bonuses after sending out flights in the past.

I would like a refund of the airport cash and gold and silver tokens or a replacement of each bonus. There also needs to be something said SOMEWHERE within the game, maybe when activating these bonuses, that they need to be active before the flights."

Top Bottom