Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Change in Bonus Activation

Every plane remembers the bonuses active at the start of the flight. So your 12 hour flights are fine

And all of a sudden, spyglass is showing as active, although it wasn't when I first activated it. So all I lost out on in jet pack - maybe I'll be surprised. (she says hopefully).

How is a 6 hour golden dice or a 9 hour spyglass supposed to last for a 12 hour flight?

I inadvertently activated a Potion of Luck bonus this morning before sending out all my 14 flights for the day. It did appear against each plane. But now I have come back to the game, it has disappeared.

I think the effect of each bonus may be specific to each bonus. I guess we will get used to it. However I agree that we should be told of all changes to gameplay in each update. Now that the much-lamented Free2Play is no longer with GI, I think the developers are going to change many items in the interest of 'balance'.

Regards
Harcourt

I think a whole lot of this is glitches. I activated my spyglass after sending flights out. It's showing as active on my Ancient India flights, but not my Meredith flights. Same with vintage weathervane. Not showing on my Meredith flights, but the time has definitely speeded up by 35%. I'll find out if jet pack is working (although not showing) in about 40 minutes. Keeping fingers crossed.

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
I activated a Spy Glass and then a Sky Captain before receiving most of my flights, it didn't count on any of them. And as you can see, it's not showing on the flights that are still out, only on the ones I sent out after activation. This sucks. I hope G! gets this "glitch" fixed. If it's not a glitch then G! has basically rendered many of the bonuses useless, or at least worth less.

Airport City 4_29_2020 15_37_47 (2).png

A little off-topic, but still related to bonuses. I've had 20 flights to Meredith now, 10 with sky captain, and another 10 with sky captain and spyglass, and, based on other flights, I should have gotten at least 4 drops, but I've had none. Do you think GI has done away with stacking - perhaps even reducing chances if bonuses are stacked? Or am I just dealing with one of those impossible destinations that takes twice as many flights to get any drops?

A little off-topic, but still related to bonuses. I've had 20 flights to Meredith now, 10 with sky captain, and another 10 with sky captain and spyglass, and, based on other flights, I should have gotten at least 4 drops, but I've had none. Do you think GI has done away with stacking - perhaps even reducing chances if bonuses are stacked? Or am I just dealing with one of those impossible destinations that takes twice as many flights to get any drops?

I think you may be correct that bonuses no longer stack. I also think that GI did not understand the ramifications of the changes they made by making SG, SC, D, GD stackable. and covering all types of flight. There are reports of drops being 30% when all were used. Now the % drops have dropped to around 10%. So, either GI have reduced the base drop rate to which the Bonuses apply or they have stopped stacking or both !

Regards
Harcourt

GI's response:
"Bonuses affect all flights that started after a bonus has been activated. If a plane lands after a bonus has expired, the bonus effect will apply to it anyway."

So I just said basically - "ok, forget it. Didn't used to be this way. Thanks for letting us know and letting us waste the bonuses on the game" I think I might have been a little more polite, and also dropped Ivan's name.

(You can always tell the first few days after my chemo - I turn into a bit of a b***ch. 🤣 🤣 🤣)

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
GI's response:
"Bonuses affect all flights that started after a bonus has been activated. If a plane lands after a bonus has expired, the bonus effect will apply to it anyway."

So I just said basically - "ok, forget it. Didn't used to be this way. Thanks for letting us know and letting us waste the bonuses on the game" I think I might have been a little more polite, and also dropped Ivan's name.

(You can always tell the first few days after my chemo - I turn into a bit of a b***ch. 🤣 🤣 🤣)
I’m assuming there’s was nothing on stacking there?

I’m assuming there’s was nothing on stacking there?
No - I didn't ask them about that. :( Discovered the poor result of stacking after I had sent the original complaint.

Edit: But I just landed 10 planes from Meredith with Spyglass, golden dice, and sky captain and got 2 drops, which is kind of what I was getting before.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
No - I didn't ask them about that. :( Discovered the poor result of stacking after I had sent the original complaint.

Edit: But I just landed 10 planes from Meredith with Spyglass, golden dice, and sky captain and got 2 drops, which is kind of what I was getting before.
I guess I will find out soon when I do my next adventure map run. I know what rate I have been getting, it should be obvious pretty quick if it is no more. That could be a real kick as I’ve been averaging a map a week. If the rate changes I’ll need a lot more fuel per map 😤

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

I was going to buy a few greens this weekend - I don’t feel like it anymore :ROFLMAO:
Edit: it’s like giving a kid chocolate because it hit someone.

Last two weeks I’ve been running 7 giants for the 3 giant adventure buildings - used SC and SG both before and after the update and haven’t seen much difference. I get the full 36 items in around the 100 flights and as usual just one of the destinations seemed to be worse than the others in periods but they all worked out at around the same in the end

Maybe just the way I play the game but I don’t see a big deal with this bonus activity change, in fact for me it’s a little better. When I’m using bonuses I generally speed up flights anyway to get as much out of the bonus as possible and now with SG etc it stays active on a long flight even when the bonus has run out. We all play the game differently.

Yes, I’ve noticed the WV icon does not appear on a flight if I activate it on a plane in flight but it definitely adjusted the flight time down.

The biggest issue as always with GI is lack of clarity so we don’t know if it’s a feature or a bug but that’s always been part of the fun with AC :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . In all the time I’ve played there has always been a mystery about bonus rates and stacking and GI will never confirm it whether it was Ivan in the past or the ever elusive ur quan, bonus rates are also all part of the fun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Last two weeks I’ve been running 7 giants for the 3 giant adventure buildings - used SC and SG both before and after the update and haven’t seen much difference. I get the full 36 items in around the 100 flights and as usual just one of the destinations seemed to be worse than the others in periods but they all worked out at around the same in the end

Maybe just the way I play the game but I don’t see a big deal with this bonus activity change, in fact for me it’s a little better. When I’m using bonuses I generally speed up flights anyway to get as much out of the bonus as possible and now with SG etc it stays active on a long flight even when the bonus has run out. We all play the game differently.

Yes, I’ve noticed the WV icon does not appear on a flight if I activate it on a plane in flight but it definitely adjusted the flight time down.

The biggest issue as always with GI is lack of clarity so we don’t know if it’s a feature or a bug but that’s always been part of the fun with AC :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . In all the time I’ve played there has always been a mystery about bonus rates and stacking and GI will never confirm it whether it was Ivan in the past or the ever elusive ur quan, bonus rates are also all part of the fun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Good to know. I use SC, SG and D and have been getting around 45 collections from 100 flights (jumbo’s). Might be worth a try.

I've been flying North American adventure flights. Prior to the bonus change, I was getting 18-20 drops per 90-120 flights, (18-20% drop rate), using spyglass, sky captain and golden dice. On my last destination, Meredith, out of 50 flights, I've had 4 drops. The first 10 flights were pretty much a waste, because I had activated my bonuses after the flights were sent. There's always 1 destination that has really poor drops, and I think this is the one for me. 😁 Learning to deal with the new way the bonuses work, and appreciate the fact that they last as long as the flight. I'm using vintage weathervane and jet pack (I'm too lazy to set my alarm for fuel catalysts), and with the spirit of adventure, I'm getting 30 Condor flights per day and not having to speed up with fuel.

I think my biggest gripe was wasting a sky captain, spyglass & golden dice before I was really aware of how the bonuses worked, but they were all still active when the planes landed and got sent back out.

Top Bottom