Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

CD / DVD PC Games vs Today's Common Game Play

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
I've been thinking about games today, in terms of what we used to do vs how many play today.
Prior to high speed internet, I liked the fact one could buy a game, anywhere from around $25-$80 and not have to outlay any additional $$$.
(Yes, I realise this is still an option)

The internet has afforded many game developers to make an ongoing income stream, as with G.I offering "In Game Purchases"
This is common place today and whilst I have no issue with someone making a buck, there's a part of me that feels that playing games today, could be considered a rip off.
And here I am spending money on greenies that are not a priority in my life!!

Ah, but I can convince myself I need those greenies! 😁

I've never been a big gamer but do enjoy non violent adventure type games.
Some of my favourite older games are Black and White, and ancient 2D types like "Lode Runner The Legend Returns".

If one is short on money, may I suggest you explore some older games, that quite frankly can offer just as much pleasure as those we have to keep paying for.

Off to buy a few greenies for extra land. Damn It! :mad::)

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
I've been thinking about games today, in terms of what we used to do vs how many play today.
Prior to high speed internet, I liked the fact one could buy a game, anywhere from around $25-$80 and not have to outlay any additional $$$.
(Yes, I realise this is still an option)

The internet has afforded many game developers to make an ongoing income stream, as with G.I offering "In Game Purchases"
This is common place today and whilst I have no issue with someone making a buck, there's a part of me that feels that playing games today, could be considered a rip off.
And here I am spending money on greenies that are not a priority in my life!!

Ah, but I can convince myself I need those greenies! 😁

I've never been a big gamer but do enjoy non violent adventure type games.
Some of my favourite older games are Black and White, and ancient 2D types like "Lode Runner The Legend Returns".

If one is short on money, may I suggest you explore some older games, that quite frankly can offer just as much pleasure as those we have to keep paying for.

Off to buy a few greenies for extra land. Damn It! :mad::)
Phantasmagoria the 5/6 CD version comes to mind among other PC games, whilst I never understood why I played, or even owned MS Golf. The 'Myst' series by Cyan World was good in its day too, trying to decrypt messages and codes Then you had the early years of 'American Dad' when he was just a vigilante biker trying to fight off gangs of bikers, the junkyard dog, gettin tossed in a dumpster, ridin the roads in 'Full Throttle' Of course there still are a few websites that have free games to download and still work on win 11

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
Manic Miner and Spectipede on the zx spectrum 48k, Arctic Fox on the zx spectrum +3 are my earliest memories of game enjoyment. Then there's a jump to F-Zero, Super R Type and Super Ghouls n Ghosts on the SNES. N64 Shadows of the Empire, Zelda Ocarina of time. I loved C&C Red Alert on PS1 and it was that console that got me hooked on Gran Turismo for years. I used to host 16 player Halo parties at my home until Xbox brought out Halo 2 and PGR2 with Xbox live which opened up a whole new dimension for me. I now have 2 little boys. My 6yr old is already hooked on minecraft and world of tanks but will happily swipe my tablet to play this game too. The 4yr old is quite content playing Kirby 64 (I have an emulator for N64 after I found out Kirby would cost me about £80 for the cartridge) or any of the Crash Bandicoot series. I found a great little site called PS1fun.com that has a great library of ps1 games and also allows you to save your progress too.

Top Bottom