Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Cannot update

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
It's understand. But that has a cost because if you unfriended me, you might not be able to access things like my Trainings Centers or Planetariums.
I'm not sure I said that correctly. I didn't unfriend anyone.

I rechecked and it wasn't every window user. So I'm not sure what the deal is. it's probably best to just let things play out.

You know this is an unofficial fan forum don’t you? It’s ok for you to rant, just don’t use “you”. Use “them“ or “GI“.
At the bottom of each page you will find the link for GI official web page, and of course you always have the app FB page where you can appropriately use the “you” treatment 😉

this delay is completely disgusting. we all get used to glitches in almost every version of the game. But blocking us from visiting neighbors EVEN those who definitely haven’t updated yet? That’s a novelty and completely unacceptable.
Maybe something more prominent (at the top) should be added to homepage to better communicate this is a fan site?

Last edited:
Still can’t update 4 days to go until the end of the quest:sleep::sleep::sleep:(n)(n)(n)
someone on FB mentioned that GI support informed him windows users wouldn't get this event at all, even after update.
EDITED: found the FB post:
1619291281412.png

Also, from AC official FB page:
1619290561490.png

Last edited:
The least would be all the basic level rewards for free. Could live with that.
Space Base actually one of the most important prizes and that Meteorite Research Center would also help. Those were the big things in my strategy.

I was actually trying to plan a QL Party with some alliance members to help them things like Alien Legacy buildings as well as me getting some fuel for some Adventure Mapped destinations. At least, I might have a chance at the fuel.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
pluto
Hey. I have also the same problem, can not update on my windows10, have version 8.2.16, on my Samsung A 50 mobil i have version 8.13.28, it is updated, i can not visit my windows 10 version, " you can't visit this neighbor right now. His version of the game might be outdated" I am tired of this.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03sg6tu4m
Username
HamDog_Glaunch
Space Base actually one of the most important prizes and that Meteorite Research Center would also help. Those were the big things in my strategy.

I was actually trying to plan a QL Party with some alliance members to help them things like Alien Legacy buildings as well as me getting some fuel for some Adventure Mapped destinations. At least, I might have a chance at the fuel.
hi @pilot-wv , is the windows update problem solved yet? Wishing to visit your training centers and do some QL green launches. Still stacking the items tho uch that I can do at least 20 launches with a QL..

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
202iq2g99
Username
Semanshiya
Game working fine.
When I go to neighbors I get that they are updated and I need to.
Went to update, updated other programs but Airport City wasnt listed.
Game still says I need to update.
Rebooted computer.
Update says I have no items to update.
Game still says my neighbors are updated and I am not.
Went to my neighbor who is my husband, sitting next to me, and his says he is updated. He, however, is having the same problem as I am...and when he visits me as a neighbor, he gets the same pop up of Neighbor updated.

Assuming we are not the only ones with this issue - any way to fix?
I'm having the EXACT same issues! Everything as you described. Support closed my 1st ticket without even addressing the issue so I submitted another! This time they replied they are unable to do anything about the Windows version! I spend actual money and have invested in this. I'm an Alliance Leader. Their support is terrible and this is, at the very least, 5th issue that I have had with them. Usually it's going over 24hrs without Alliance badge and tally. Their tech must be completely incompetent!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
202iq2g99
Username
Semanshiya
Game working fine.
Rebooted computer.
Went to my neighbor who is my husband, sitting next to me, and his says he is updated. He, however, is having the same problem as I am...and when he visits me as a neighbor, he gets the same pop up of Neighbor updated.

I'm having the EXACT same issues! Everything as you described. Support closed my 1st ticket without even addressing the issue so I submitted another! This time they replied they are unable to do anything about the Windows version! I spend actual money and have invested in this. I'm an Alliance Leader. Their support is terrible and this is, at the very least, 5th issue that I have had with them. Usually it's going over 24hrs without Alliance badge and tally. Their tech must be completely incompetent!

Attachments

• Airport City - Cannot Visit Neighbors And No Event Available - April 25th 2021.jpg
    Airport City - Cannot Visit Neighbors And No Event Available - April 25th 2021.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 69
Device
  1. Windows PC
Game working fine.
Rebooted computer.

Getting really frustrated. I hope they compensate those of us who cannot update

But there isn’t anything they can do. The update is stuck at Microsoft not in their office. The question is more why was the event tied to the update when they told us events were now independant of updates. They have got caught out as that isn’t true.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
But there isn’t anything they can do. The update is stuck at Microsoft not in their office. The question is more why was the event tied to the update when they told us events were now independant of updates. They have got caught out as that isn’t true.
I have been getting plenty of other apps updated through Microsoft, so I don't believe that the update is a Microsoft issue. I am more likely to believe that this delay is due to sloppy program that failed to clear Microsoft's automated software checks.

As for the event, my guess would be that the event is programmed to work within a certain version of the game. Since that version failed to come out for Windows users, the event is unloadable. Again my guess also is, that something behind the scenes in the program module that handles visiting neighbors has probably changed too. If this change effected the server side of the visiting process, then those, Windows users, with old versions would be unable to visit.

Unfortunately, when new versions come out, Gi has to account for how every platform will be affected, and how the game's servers will be affected. I just thought of this, and this is highly hypothetical, but if Gi changed they way that information gets passed between the servers and the players when visiting neighbors, especially with the information passing potentially across multiple platforms, Microsoft might have found an issue, or security concern, within the programming. This situation would not surprise me, having seen the numerous glitches that I have witnessed within the game. (Again a lot of this is conjecture from a former programmer that specialized in hardware applications.) (This is what happens when a former programmer gets board and cannot keep busy in an event.)

I have been getting plenty of other apps updated through Microsoft, so I don't believe that the update is a Microsoft issue. I am more likely to believe that this delay is due to sloppy program that failed to clear Microsoft's automated software checks.

As for the event, my guess would be that the event is programmed to work within a certain version of the game. Since that version failed to come out for Windows users, the event is unloadable. Again my guess also is, that something behind the scenes in the program module that handles visiting neighbors has probably changed too. If this change effected the server side of the visiting process, then those, Windows users, with old versions would be unable to visit.

Unfortunately, when new versions come out, Gi has to account for how every platform will be affected, and how the game's servers will be affected. I just thought of this, and this is highly hypothetical, but if Gi changed they way that information gets passed between the servers and the players when visiting neighbors, especially with the information passing potentially across multiple platforms, Microsoft might have found an issue, or security concern, within the programming. This situation would not surprise me, having seen the numerous glitches that I have witnessed within the game. (Again a lot of this is conjecture from a former programmer that specialized in hardware applications.) (This is what happens when a former programmer gets board and cannot keep busy in an event.)
Right or wrong, sloppy programming, bad spelling, changes nothing. If it’s been submitted to MS and is stuck, then it’s stuck till it get through or booted out, Don’t pretend to be an expert, never have been and way too old to be, but when it’s in the system no amount of screaming about the fact you can’t download it, is going to make it downloadable quicker.

The point is being missed that events were supposed to be removed from updates. THAT is the issue here. Sod painting planes, or losing them as I have. Split events from updates. But no one will update .......

Top Bottom