Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

BOYCOTT GI !!Actually This Applies to all Operating Systems.

D

Deleted member 5399

Lately I have been hearing of several people coming across the same problems with games crashing, glitches within the game, and worse still, the dreaded 'TIME TRAVELERS AND CHEATERS' message.
Although the latest version of Time Travelers and Cheaters message, goes on to say, the users game is blocked and the user is unable to interact with other players.
WHAT!!! I Don't understand is why GI is picking and choosing who to help and who they wish to make wait even longer?
Several I've seen had their games up and running again within 2 days. No offense to the player.
Yet some players have been waiting up to two weeks and GI is still sitting on their thumbs.
If someone wants to talk about fair play, it sure does not apply to GI's way of helping the customer/user/player.
SO!!! Maybe with them selecting only some to help ASAP, and make others wait, I say stop all purchases of coins or greenies/banknotes, buying land parcels, buying things from Croocker, or anything else for that matter, unless it is used with in-game coinage.
In other words, why risk spending your own money out of your pocket, when you just might be next on that 'TIME TRAVELER AND CHEATER' list who can no longer INTERACT WITH NEIGHBORS???
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! that they can pick one over the other.
Maybe it's out with the old veteran players, (BEWARE THOSE AT LEVEL 60); as you may be next.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I bet they have dozens of request at any given time. I doubt they do it on purpose, not every case is same for start and secondly some get assigned to competent staff and other submissions are less lucky.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I am taking a slightly different approach after a chat with my husband about a different game that he plays.

If GI is responding first to people who pay to play, I don't think I have a problem with that. These people actually help pay for the salaries of the people in support and help others to play for free. Without paying customers, there is no game to play.

Their customer support from my experience has always been uneven. I doubt it is just different
issues or luck of the draw if you will on which agent you get. My biggest problem was game resetting
me to level 1 as I visited neighbors. What I had a habit of doing was to click on my neighbors buildings
then click return to city to go back to my airport instead of hitting neighbor button to visit next neighbor. What would happen when it went back to my city it would blink and bam level 1. So now I never go back to my city from a neighbors, I shut down the game after visiting and then restart it. Have had no issue until now though it was a bit different this time.
When the code to reset your game used to work forever it was not a problem though kind of annoying
having to level up to level 3 then input code game comes back. This exact issue took a minimum of 2 days
and the longest was nearly 3 weeks. An issue that is very common, such as game resetting or the time
traveler message/error, would be in supports data base with exact steps for solution. Of course they will still run
you through a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant but the time discrepancies are really inexplainable. As luck would
have it my main game reset me to level 55 and now level 1 :ROFLMAO: So we shall see what the response time is this
time. I'll start the clock from midnight last night, won't penalize for the week end. :cool: They had asked to see a
screenie of my game showing level 55 as it is 60 on their servers. Luckily had a shot of that before it decided
level 1 was a better option. :whistle:

Last edited:
I am taking a slightly different approach after a chat with my husband about a different game that he plays.

If GI is responding first to people who pay to play, I don't think I have a problem with that. These people actually help pay for the salaries of the people in support and help others to play for free. Without paying customers, there is no game to play.

I understand your point there. They have actually asked me for proof of purchase several times
even when it really had no bearing on the issue at hand. I buy some greenies when on sale naturally
as I don't mind supporting a game if I enjoy it. The problem with that theory of course in my experience
has been some pretty substantial wait times for a common easily corrected game error.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
There's a reason I have this as my "motto" in my signature:
The key to being happy with Airport City is to play the game the way it is, not the way you would like it to be.
I play the game knowing it is buggy and that support can at times be extremely frustrating. I've been accused of time traveling a number of times even though I never have; it took a while but everything got fixed. Once I bought 99 bank notes, got 1700 instead and GI accused me of hacking the game. Luckily, I take screenshots every step of the way and could prove it was their fault, not mine.
The game is what it is and nothing is going to change that. GI does not make enough money on Airport City to give players leverage over them. I like the game in spite of all of this.
The answer is not a boycott. When the time comes that you just can't take it anymore, quit the game and play something else! The Simpsons: Tapped Out is a great freemium game that's bug-free and very funny. Township is a great-looking city building game with airplanes, trains and ships. Lots of people like Hay Day.
Cheers,
Tom

I have to give them credit on this one. I received a code within one day. :confused: Perhaps they are getting better at this?
Unfortunately my game kept going to level 1 every time I opened it thus giving a different code to my game each time.
The code did not work I assume because it was not made to work with the new code my game gave me.....or something like that. :whistle:
In any case I just uninstalled/reinstalled and now it seems stable of course it is 9 pm over in GI territory so might have to wait until late tonight.

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
G! should just get rid of the dreaded time-travel warning.
Anything else. Duke Crooker flipping the bird.
While I've mostly encountered it adding fuel during launches (the message shows up if you tap on a fuel item that looks like it's ready but isn't)(as I have learned by playing my two games side-by-side during launches), I was hit with the real thing a couple of weeks ago one morning when I opened my game (i.e., not just the warning, but I also couldn't collect, etc.) I quickly shut down my device, and when I went back in, things were okay again and I could play. However, all my tokens were gone from that section of my warehouse. Happily, most of my tokens were still in their chests and these were still there. (So I'm no longer in any hurry to open chests until I need them!)

Last edited:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
G! should just get rid of the dreaded time-travel warning.
I can't believe you're serious.
Without the check, I'll just launch all my planes, move the clock forward 8 hours, land them, move the clock back. Rinse, repeat - all your flights in about 10 seconds. Including full fuel regen and all buildings ready to collect, of course.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
@Agent L , good point! I am going thru my 1st or 2 and warning in 2 days. Not sure if they fixed it the first time (they said they did) or if this the 2 and problem. All I know is that my game is messed up. I was able to visit other airports last nite but was unable to gift anyone. My airport keeps losing time. I sent out planes only to come back 3 hours later and see they haven't progressed, nor has my fuel or buildings.

I just don't understand why they cannot fix it since it seems a recurring problem.

There are definitely many clock issues. I think much of that traces back to when they set the gifting
timer to a static timer. The clock on everyones game rather than synching up to the proper new reset
time(12am UTC) they all stayed where they were thus giving everyone a different time shown locally.
Hopefully they are working on updating the clock further as it really should be pretty easy to fix that.
As far as the time traveler issue they do actually need to rewrite that entire portion as it is obviously flawed.
From as long as the problem has been around I would think it must be irreparable. So rewrite it and
have an update completely rewrite that obviously flawed "anti cheat" coding. :cool:

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@Wired Parrott

Rewriting the section of the code may not be as easy as you think.

I believe the basis of the code maybe a fundamental part of the game, to adjust it you may have to shut the game down completely and do a major change.

They may not be able to get the game back up again.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Dealing with the timezones is one of most difficult programming tasks and often it's simply impossible to get it 100% right so one has to settle for the lesser wrong.

Top Bottom