Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Bonus codes suggestion

@Dave , rather than having multiple threads posted each week (quite often being doubled up) would it be worth considering a sticky thread somewhere where each new code could just be added to the post? To work effectively, you’d need to encourage posting the codes only without the standard 20 or so thank you messages that usually follow or redundant comments that a code is out of date and not working.

Something similar was posted earlier in the year, with mixed opinions and views:

Something similar was posted earlier in the year, with mixed opinions and views:

I sort of knew that controlling the ”thank you“ posts was never going to be viable. To be honest, my real wish would be for people to just add the code word into the title so there’s one less thread to have to open 🤪.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I must say I like the idea. I can think of 2 options;
1 have a subset of members with permissions to post in a new forum section.
2 use the group structure for the same purpose. Use an open group with a selection of moderators so that the codes can be added quickly by a selection of people. Lock the thread following each post twice a week, thereby preventing the various thank you messages...

my real wish would be for people to just add the code word into the title so there’s one less thread to have to open 🤪.

What a great idea, perhaps this is something that @Barkmi4 (Mike) and the team could hopefully consider when starting threads in the newly created Bonus Code group?

Also thinking for those that want to open the thread to view the code would it not be beneficial to add info on what the code gives and how to redeem as not everyone knows how the codes work.

E.g

*CodeExample*

Income: 2000 coins & 3 Airport Cash

How to use the weekend code:

In the game:
1. Press Social Button (3 people on it)
2. In menu opened, press similar icon again.
3. In the opened windows, click "Add" button on the left
4. In field below, where it is written "Please enter friend's code or..." enter full code (include the asterisks). Now you need to tap the magnifying glass button to confirm it!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Also thinking for those that want to open the thread to view the code would it not be beneficial to add info on what the code gives and how to redeem as not everyone knows how the codes work.

E.g

*CodeExample*

Income: 2000 coins & 3 Airport Cash

How to use the weekend code:

In the game:
1. Press Social Button (3 people on it)
2. In menu opened, press similar icon again.
3. In the opened windows, click "Add" button on the left
4. In field below, where it is written "Please enter friend's code or..." enter full code (include the asterisks). Now you need to tap the magnifying glass button to confirm it!
Consider it done (y)

Not sure that having just one thread for the bonus codes will work, by tagging the latest code on to the end of the thread will mean that in a few weeks time instead of having thank you post to contend with we will have to wade through pages of mid-week and weekend codes just to find the latest.

Wouldn’t it be better to have one thread per code then hide/delete those threads when expired so that at anyone time there will no more that two separate individual threads showing for those who aren’t Mods/Admin?

E.g. New locked thread for weekend code from 18th September

E.g. New locked thread for mid-week code from 23rd September

E.g. Delete previous thread for weekend code from 18th September when expired

E.g. New locked thread for weekend code from 25th September

And so on and so forth.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Not sure that having just one thread for the bonus codes will work, by tagging the latest code on to the end of the thread will mean that in a few weeks time instead of having thank you post to contend with we will have to wade through pages of mid-week and weekend codes just to find the latest.

Wouldn’t it be better to have one thread per code then hide/delete those threads when expired so that at anyone time there will no more that two separate individual threads showing for those who aren’t Mods/Admin?

E.g. New locked thread for weekend code from 18th September

E.g. New locked thread for mid-week code from 23rd September

E.g. Delete previous thread for weekend code from 18th September when expired

E.g. New locked thread for weekend code from 25th September

And so on and so forth.
Having one thread per code is basically the same as the previous method?
It also still requires the user to look for the thread, rather than receive a notification of reply. Checking the notification should always take you to the latest unread post, so you shouldn’t have to wade through pages.
We can trial deleting the older posts? I’d suggest keeping the 2 most recent codes is best, as the expiring date varies on them.

What do others think? That’s just the opinion of 2 so far.

Having one thread per code is basically the same as the previous method?
It also still requires the user to look for the thread, rather than receive a notification of reply. Checking the notification should always take you to the latest unread post, so you shouldn’t have to wade through pages.
We can trial deleting the older posts? I’d suggest keeping the 2 most recent codes is best, as the expiring date varies on them.

What do others think? That’s just the opinion of 2 so far.
I thought the same as @TheDarkside when I posted today
but then the pinned post would lose sense
So I guess we can follow your suggestion.
or pin 2 threads, one for weekends, the other for mid-weeks
and always edit post #1 instead of adding a new one? (I’m not sure that’s possible)

Top Bottom