Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Alliance points

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
040lldq75
Username
Blue8282
How do the Alliance points work? I see a lot of people asking for 1 or 2 missions to be completed but fly 50k in pax.
Do missions count towards growing alliance? Do pax count toward both?
Can someone please help?

How do the Alliance points work? I see a lot of people asking for 1 or 2 missions to be completed but fly 50k in pax.
Can someone please help?
Okay. I think I can explain some of this. You gain Alliance points to level up your alliance. To gain points, your alliance members have to complete tasks. If all members complete all 3 tasks, your alliance could level up relatively quickly. PAX counts do NOT matter. However, the prize for all players in the alliance completing all 3 Tasks is simply a bonus that extends other bonuses. That[s why many players (myself included) would prefer that the alliance completes 50% of the tasks required to get an income bonus. Such an alliance will eventually get up to level 10 (the maximum) but it would take much longer.

High PAX counts are required if you want your alliance to be in the TOP 20 or TOP 50. This includes those ever coveted "Alliance Flight Maps" that allow users to mapped flights to destinations for collection items that will lead to the ever coveted black S3 planes as well as "MSB's" (Mystery Super Bonus). There may be some other things as well.

Thus, I think you will find that you have three types of alliances around here.

1) You have relatively low or even level 10 alliances that cater to lower level or even level 80 players where the focus is on getting the "50% Task Completion Bonus". I would classify an alliance such as "The Peacekeepers" in that category. Often, the player's focus is on income needed to build or level up buildings and maybe get experience points to level up. There might be some level 80 players in those alliances for various reasons (they are still building up facilities, they washed out of a TOP20 alliance, or they feel that they can "mentor" newer players).

2) You have the TOP 20 or Top 50 alliances. These alliances focus exclusively on high PAX counts over Task Completion. Often, these alliances often are level 10 (the maximum). These alliances are primarily for players that have high PAX counts - at least 100K or even 150K. Often, the players have most of their facilities leveled up to the maximum and these players often do NOT care about income (there's nothing to spend it on). This type of alliance does NOT have a Task Completion requirement.

3) You have some alliances that are often in the TOP 100 where the focus is still on Task Completion. There are often a relatively large number of players that are at the 7x levels and some at level 80. There may be a few lower level players.. I am currently in such an alliance and I'm happy there. This is even though I have 14 stands and am at level 80. Let's just say that I know my place and that has been a hard lesson for me.

I think you would do well to ask yourself what type of player that you want to court. Remember that alliance recruitment is now a "Buyer's market".

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Can someone please help?
There is also a user guide on this subject and much more besides with regards to Alliance Groups - How To Create A Forum Members Alliance Group And How To Join A Forum Members Alliance Group, www.airportcitygame.com/threads/how-to-create-a-forum-members-alliance-group-and-how-to-join-a-forum-members-alliance-group-v8-18-31.19174/

There are 36 user guides in total.............they cover a broad range of subjects.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Last edited:
If you need skilled gamers to demonstrate in your league, I have an auxiliary account to go to your league temporarily, provided that there are vacancies and there is no need for a large number of passengers
One option for your support account is to form a one man alliance. You could then do 2 of the 3 Tasks a week in that if you wish for the 50% bonus.. Instead of joining an alliance, you just create a new alliance. The picture does NOT have to be fancy and you create it as private.

This is something is something I had done earlier this year my main account until I could reestablish myself after quitting the game for a few months and where I was having a bad experience with an alliance (a long story that I'll happily explain privately). There is power in being able to walk away from an alliance (this is unfortunately something that alliance leaders generally don't want to talk about).

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
040lldq75
Username
Blue8282
Thanks!! So how is the pax figured in? I have a 12 member Alliance. 2 of us 100k weekly 1 does 80-90k the rest are between 30 - 50k. We were 147 last week and now we are at 150 in ranking. I want to make it to the top 100.
Doesn’t matter how many people, full or not full. It’s the total number of pax flown. That’s it. Dead simple. The more you move the higher you‘ll get.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Thanks!! So how is the pax figured in? I have a 12 member Alliance. 2 of us 100k weekly 1 does 80-90k the rest are between 30 - 50k. We were 147 last week and now we are at 150 in ranking. I want to make it to the top 100.
PAX only determines placement in the top 100.

I have grown an alliance with a group. We didn't crack the top 100 until we got to 14 members. You will get there! Growing the alliance was an exhilarating experience

But going back to the points, you should decide as a team whether you want 50% bonus from 50% task completion and 100% bonus. Some feel the coin bonus is better.

Personally, I preferred the 100% bonus which increases the length of time that bonuses are active. Bonuses like Business Class, Inconvertible Coin, Junior Pilot and Sky Captain which all have an impact on the amount of coins earned. And if you consistently get the 100% bonus week after week, you eventually get to the point where it makes bonuses last 30% longer. I found it was easy to earn the extra coins with the Golden Megaphone active by strategically using other bonuses during the week. https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/golden_megaphone/

This bonus also makes other bonuses work longer - like Secret Faucet, Dice, Golden Dice, Spy Glass and Quantum leap (which will last over 31 hours).

And another benefit to that ... especially important for a growing alliance ... is that you get 20 alliance points instead of the 8 alliance points you get with the 50% bonus so that you can level up your alliance faster, recruit more members, and crack the top 100 more quickly. Once you are comfortably in the top 100, you can always re-evaluate your priorities.

PAX only determines placement in the top 100.

I have grown an alliance with a group. We didn't crack the top 100 until we got to 14 members. You will get there! Growing the alliance was an exhilarating experience

But going back to the points, you should decide as a team whether you want 50% bonus from 50% task completion and 100% bonus. Some feel the coin bonus is better.

Personally, I preferred the 100% bonus which increases the length of time that bonuses are active. Bonuses like Business Class, Inconvertible Coin, Junior Pilot and Sky Captain which all have an impact on the amount of coins earned. And if you consistently get the 100% bonus week after week, you eventually get to the point where it makes bonuses last 30% longer. I found it was easy to earn the extra coins with the Golden Megaphone active by strategically using other bonuses during the week. https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/golden_megaphone/

This bonus also makes other bonuses work longer - like Secret Faucet, Dice, Golden Dice, Spy Glass and Quantum leap (which will last over 31 hours).

And another benefit to that ... especially important for a growing alliance ... is that you get 20 alliance points instead of the 8 alliance points you get with the 50% bonus so that you can level up your alliance faster, recruit more members, and crack the top 100 more quickly. Once you are comfortably in the top 100, you can always re-evaluate your priorities.
It's an interesting strategy that I honestly never thought of but I disagree with that strategy. I'm in GoldenGlobe run by @David Beech. That is a level 7 Alliance that ranked 90 in the "Alliance" last week. The Primary goad in this alliance is to "50% Task Completion". The alliance consists of 5 level 80 players including people that regularly exceed 120,000 PAX. I myself actually transported over 176,000 PAX as well as some midlevel players (one at level 57, several in the 60's range, and several that are the 70's range).

The level 80 players are more focused on growing their own facilities with the 50% bonus and the alliance ranks. Even the alliance leader is still growing his facilities and I've seen it. As the facilities grow and the planes get larger over time, the higher the weekly alliance ranking. Some advantages are that the more experienced players pass down knowledge to the lesser experienced players. That is one role I happily fill and one part of my background is some acquaintance with higher ranking alliance (I was actually in a few). I just washed out there and that's not surprising as my facilities were NOT as developed and I was sometimes at a lower level as well. At lower levels, a high PAX count really is an EXTREME ASK.

The math is technically correct but it also comes down to what the players themselves want. There are quite a number of players that are probably more interested in COIN rather than extending bonuses. An alliance is a two way street and involves RELATIONSHIPS. Sometimes, you have to give the players what THEY want, not what you want. I decided to leave "The Peacekeepers" alliance was that I wanted "Destination Flight Maps" and more importantly, "the 50% bonus". At it's core, how I play is STILL the same way I played at level 40 (it just got more sophisticated).

I am actually saddened that we now have a dichotomy of High PAX, level players and lower level players that are still developing facilities. I admit that my perception is color by my own experiences.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
It's an interesting strategy that I honestly never thought of but I disagree with that strategy. I'm in GoldenGlobe run by @David Beech. That is a level 7 Alliance that ranked 90 in the "Alliance" last week. The Primary goad in this alliance is to "50% Task Completion". The alliance consists of 5 level 80 players including people that regularly exceed 120,000 PAX. I myself actually transported over 176,000 PAX as well as some midlevel players (one at level 57, several in the 60's range, and several that are the 70's range).

The level 80 players are more focused on growing their own facilities with the 50% bonus and the alliance ranks. Even the alliance leader is still growing his facilities and I've seen it. As the facilities grow and the planes get larger over time, the higher the weekly alliance ranking. Some advantages are that the more experienced players pass down knowledge to the lesser experienced players. That is one role I happily fill and one part of my background is some acquaintance with higher ranking alliance (I was actually in a few). I just washed out there and that's not surprising as my facilities were NOT as developed and I was sometimes at a lower level as well. At lower levels, a high PAX count really is an EXTREME ASK.

The math is technically correct but it also comes down to what the players themselves want. There are quite a number of players that are probably more interested in COIN rather than extending bonuses. An alliance is a two way street and involves RELATIONSHIPS. Sometimes, you have to give the players what THEY want, not what you want. I decided to leave "The Peacekeepers" alliance was that I wanted "Destination Flight Maps" and more importantly, "the 50% bonus". At it's core, how I play is STILL the same way I played at level 40 (it just got more sophisticated).

I am actually saddened that we now have a dichotomy of High PAX, level players and lower level players that are still developing facilities. I admit that my perception is color by my own experiences.
You seem to have missed the point. I earned as much COIN with the 100% bonus and clever use of other bonuses with the side benefit that we grew the alliance 2 1/2 times faster than if we had gone for the 50% bonus.

Remember that First Class only impacts plane flight income by 50%.

We had the golden megaphone up to 30% for months!
Business Class +200% flight income and active 2 hours longer. 4X earnings over First Class for an extra two hours. That is 8 full hours of flying on the 50% bonus.
Comfort Class +20% flight income active 10 minutes longer
Sky Captain +400% flight income and active 8 hours longer. 8x more than the First Class bonus for the extra 8 hours. That is 4 full 16-hour days of flying on the 50% bonus
Junior Pilot +200% flight income active 4 hours longer. 4x more than the First Class bonus for the extra 4 hours. That is a full 16-hour day of flying on the 50% bonus
Tourist Visa +100% helicopter income active 20 minutes longer. I can do a lot of helicopter flights in that extra 20 minutes
Inconvertible coin +100% commercial income for 1 hour longer
Pot of Gold +200% commercial bonus for 20 minutes longer
Pair the above two with a golden toad.

For me, this all added up to building/upgrading everything in just over a year.

As for the strategy, it was never MY alliance. It was always OUR alliance. We always decided as a team.

You can do what you want. And I'm glad you have an alliance that works for you. But if you have bonuses that you can benefit from, the 100% golden megaphone bonus is a far better way to earn coins. Plus all other bonuses work longer as well - passenger bonuses, drop rate bonuses, experience bonuses, flight time bonuses, weather bonuses, Quantum Leap, event bonuses ...

[snip]
You can do what you want. And I'm glad you have an alliance that works for you. But if you have bonuses that you can benefit from, the 100% golden megaphone bonus is a far better way to earn coins. Plus all other bonuses work longer as well - passenger bonuses, drop rate bonuses, experience bonuses, flight time bonuses, weather bonuses, Quantum Leap, event bonuses ...
I'm NOT saying that you are completely wrong. But you must remember that to some players, some bonuses are actually a rare as authentic Fabergé eggs (there were only 69 ever made). Now try saying that to those players. There is a lot that we take for granted at level 80. I make it a point NEVER to forget where I came from.

When first looking at the alliance bonus it may seem that the 30 or 50% is most desirable and that the 100% is off least benefit for all alliance members. It may be counterintuitive, but the progression of rewards does incrementally improve with the %, the megaphone being the best. The coins gained by using even very basic bonus items makes it worth it. Chloe’s analysis and strategy is accurate. The comfort class and business class bonuses are very easy to come by.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I'm NOT saying that you are completely wrong. But you must remember that to some players, some bonuses are actually a rare as authentic Fabergé eggs (there were only 69 ever made). Now try saying that to those players. There is a lot that we take for granted at level 80. I make it a point NEVER to forget where I came from.
I'm not wrong at all. I've done the math. And I've got the coins and completed buildings to prove it.

As for bonuses being rare ... these are easy to obtain through regular game play

And I don't take anything for granted. Having played before to have a robust city and restarting really helps you not take things for granted. This is exactly why I was furiously writing guides as I was coming back through again ... and saving bonuses for when they could really have an impact ;)

When first looking at the alliance bonus it may seem that the 30 or 50% is most desirable and that the 100% is off least benefit for all alliance members. It may be counterintuitive, but the progression of rewards does incrementally improve with the %, the megaphone being the best. The coins gained by using even very basic bonus items makes it worth it. Chloe’s analysis and strategy is accurate. The comfort class and business class bonuses are very easy to come by.
True enough. But sometimes, it's NOT about what you think, it's about what potential alliance members think and what THEY WANT. To be realistic, a lot of lower level players probably would NOT be able to do all three Tasks. I attribute the fact that I'm able to do 100% of my assigned tasks to some unique factors such as being more advanced, having a Gold Subscription, and having some relatively advanced planes. It can be a steep ask just to get users to do one Task sometimes. We have to aware of one thing, players are often creatures of habit and those die hard. And you have to ask yourself, would the other members buy into the philosophy and do 100% of the Tasks? That has to be a simple yes/no question.

I'm trying to make some valid points here. This game is NOT simply about numbers you can put in a spreadsheet. It's also about living, breathing human beings.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
To be realistic, a lot of lower level players probably would NOT be able to do all three Tasks.
I only started this game last February. I was doing all 3 tasks regularly before getting to level 80. In fact, there were mostly pre level 80 players in our alliance ... every one completing 3 tasks. How many seasoned level 80 players do you think wanted to join a growing alliance that hadn't cracked the top 100 yet? Yes, lots of players that weren't level 80 grew an alliance very quickly to crack the top 100 - flying lots of passengers, completing tasks.

To be REALLY realistic, telling seasoned level 80 players to complete 3 tasks is a non-starter. Hardly any will do it. Newer players are eager.

Telling newer players that the task is difficult isn't helpful.

Think you can, think you can't; either way you'll be right - Henry Ford

True enough. But sometimes, it's NOT about what you think, it's about what potential alliance members think and what THEY WANT. To be realistic, a lot of lower level players probably would NOT be able to do all three Tasks. I attribute the fact that I'm able to do 100% of my assigned tasks to some unique factors such as being more advanced, having a Gold Subscription, and having some relatively advanced planes. It can be a steep ask just to get users to do one Task sometimes. We have to aware of one thing, players are often creatures of habit and those die hard. And you have to ask yourself, would the other members buy into the philosophy and do 100% of the Tasks? That has to be a simple yes/no question.

I'm trying to make some valid points here. This game is NOT simply about numbers you can put in a spreadsheet. It's also about living, breathing human beings.

Agree with much of this. Living breathing human beings also have a choice. There are lots of alliances - they all ask for different thing. If an alliance sets out its strategy and reason and you don’t like it don’t join.

Agree with much of this. Living breathing human beings also have a choice. There are lots of alliances - they all ask for different thing. If an alliance sets out its strategy and reason and you don’t like it don’t join.
And I don't. I have even quit a goals alliance when some of goals where shifting. I have even gone so far as to create a one man alliance which is one option I think is worthy of mentioning in the Wiki because it might be a good option for some people. It's all a tradeoff.

What you mentioned is actually one reason why I posted those two questions earlier in the Alliance Discussion forum just so we could hear from both side. I see my role in this discussion as a "nay-sayer" to act as a healthy counterbalance. I might have to write something about this option but I'm not sure how it can be integrated.

Top Bottom