Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

Following Teboho's general rule of "complain on the forum and it shall arrive"... I found the Gates of Amun. I just had to realize that the architecture was not of the traditional gates (with only 2 open sides like the Gates of Dendur), but had substantial Roman influence in the form of columns and 4 open sides.

It is the Arch of Septimus Severus in Libya, commissioned by the Libya-born roman emperor. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_of_Septimius_Severus_(Leptis_Magna))
1619371049885.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
OK, so I found a close match to the Emperor's Tower. The top and corners of the roof are a dead match for the Yellow Crane Tower in Wuhan, China (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Crane_Tower). It just has fewer levels than the one in the game.

View attachment 51613
Thanks, I will use this. While searching for this, I found an Buddhist proverb that said "better to save one life than build a seven story pagoda". Do you know what the significance is of "seven story pagoda"?

Thanks, I will use this. While searching for this, I found an Buddhist proverb that said "better to save one life than build a seven story pagoda". Do you know what the significance is of "seven story pagoda"?
Not that I can find. It just means to focus on immediate solutions first, rather than long-term ones first (Liu et al, 2018, BMJ Open, volume 8, article e019351)

1619377551814.png

Attachments

• 1619379904223.png
    1619379904223.png
    499.4 KB · Views: 131

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
not as cool, but also similar, and non-alamy
View attachment 51621
I saw that. I was hoping someone with a non-North American location could get to different sites with an image of the original one. This is my backup plan though

still bugging me that we can't find a non-Alamy pic of this. I would love to include it
But the building itself looks nothing like the one in the game. It is sort of like looking for a newspaper building with a giant typewriter on it, or a pharmacy with a giant pill. I think these are all generic buildings with no direct matches in real life.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
But the building itself looks nothing like the one in the game. It is sort of like looking for a newspaper building with a giant typewriter on it, or a pharmacy with a giant pill. I think these are all generic buildings with no direct matches in real life.
I agree, but the octopus on the building in the Alamy pic is fun

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
For the Museum of Gold, I'm really leaning towards Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute.
- the pillars at the front door along with the peak over the front door and first story windows.
- the statues in between the peaks that sit on the second story
- The curved windows on the second story
- The walkway above the windows and below the dome
- even the placement of the holes in the dome that are aligned between the double windows

Really the only thing that is missing in the coloring of the dome. But even then, it looks like copper patina so would be closer to gold when it's new

1619521350845.png
museum of gold.png
dome-of-baroque-church-of-santa-maria-della-salute-seen-from-across-the-grand-canal-T94K57.jpg

1619521976472.png
1619523158332.png

@TeresaLisboa @Jenn B @Madge59230 @Flyer @Bridogg72

Attachments

• 1619521836057.png
    1619521836057.png
    448.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 1619522068596.png
    1619522068596.png
    446.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
For the Museum of Gold, I'm really leaning towards Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute.
- the pillars at the front door along with the peak over the front door and first story windows.
- even the placement of the holes in the dome that are aligned between the double windows

Really the only thing that is missing in the coloring of the dome. But even then, it looks like copper patina so would be closer to gold when it's new

View attachment 51666View attachment 51667
dome-of-baroque-church-of-santa-maria-della-salute-seen-from-across-the-grand-canal-T94K57.jpg

View attachment 51670 View attachment 51672

Seems good to me

Flyer

150+ Star Club
Knight Fliers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20ANP76ZW
Username
Flyer-Items which I need

View attachment 51666View attachment 51667

View attachment 51670 View attachment 51672

Great find @Chloe11111. Agree.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I'm really disappointed about the college of music. One building that overtakes the search results is the Royal College of Music. And while there are definitely similarities, there are so many things about the building that wrong. And it may have more in common with the Royal Conservatory of Music but that is wrong too.

college_of_music_gray_160x160.png
1619635983740.png
1619636392259.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom