Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

8.4 Update Preview

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
You should be on android and you will have different optics. It will be probably maximum 7 days, if everything goes fine. Nevertheless if it is worse I expect GI will offer +20 levels for 20-40 USD on Sunday, so not a big deal for them.
Interesting that usually android is first or at least second and windows users are often days behind.

TO All event enthusiasts :) :
I decided to entertain myself with some calculations. First I began keeping track on the items needed for a flight to Shreveport (event, Goldfinch). I still have recorded relatively few number of flights so the statistical data is not representative yet but I will share the data now and in few days when I have more representative data set.
Currently it shows that if you have 6 Hi-Tech Plants, enough Mechanical Plant items (Pyramid Traffic Cones and similar) and Resource Base items (Microcircuits and similar) to keep your Hi-Tech Plants running continuously it takes in average 19:58 minutes to produce items for one flight to Shreveport. If you make the math to fly 5x1,000 Goldfinch event flights it will take you more than... 69 24-hour periods (if you're crazy enough to fly 24x7 :cool:) . If I make a bit more reasonable but still very stretched assumption that one flies intensively 15h a day it will take 110 and a half days. With the event lasting in average 10 days (not for our Android neighbors this year) it will take more or less 11 years to 3* all 5 destinations.
The only way to decrease the above time is a) if one has manufactured extensive amount of Hi-Tech items before the 100-limit was introduced /with 7.5 items per flight in average it means one should have produced 37,500 items or 6-7,000 pcs. from a single item 15 months ago and to not have used them at all during that time - indeed, the distribution of the flight items needed is not even so some items are spent in higher amounts than others/ or b) if one decides to speed up production in Hi-Tech Plant by greenies.

So perhaps, dear GI, you might decide somehow to adjust the conditions. First step has been done last year by introducing more appropriate contracts in the Fuel Station H, now perhaps you should think on adjusting the items needed for a single flight?!

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
I decided to entertain myself with some calculations. First I began keeping track on the items needed for a flight to Shreveport (event, Goldfinch). I still have recorded relatively few number of flights so the statistical data is not representative yet but I will share the data now and in few days when I have more representative data set.
Currently it shows that if you have 6 Hi-Tech Plants, enough Mechanical Plant items (Pyramid Traffic Cones and similar) and Resource Base items (Microcircuits and similar) to keep your Hi-Tech Plants running continuously it takes in average 19:58 minutes to produce items for one flight to Shreveport. If you make the math to fly 5x1,000 Goldfinch event flights it will take you more than... 69 24-hour periods (if you're crazy enough to fly 24x7 :cool:) . If I make a bit more reasonable but still very stretched assumption that one flies intensively 15h a day it will take 110 and a half days. With the event lasting in average 10 days (not for our Android neighbors this year) it will take more or less 11 years to 3* all 5 destinations.
The only way to decrease the above time is a) if one has manufactured extensive amount of Hi-Tech items before the 100-limit was introduced /with 7.5 items per flight in average it means one should have produced 37,500 items or 6-7,000 pcs. from a single item 15 months ago and to not have used them at all during that time - indeed, the distribution of the flight items needed is not even so some items are spent in higher amounts than others/ or b) if one decides to speed up production in Hi-Tech Plant by greenies.

So perhaps, dear GI, you might decide somehow to adjust the conditions. First step has been done last year by introducing more appropriate contracts in the Fuel Station H, now perhaps you should think on adjusting the items needed for a single flight?!
Is it possible that these destinations will be brought back in future events. Similar to Alliance destinations?

If the mechanical and hi-tech plants worked similarly To resource bases (I.e. all items produced at the same time, no queues), it would help.

One more obvious calculation:
Even if we assume we have enough flight items, if one flies intensively 15 hrs daily that means 15*8 = 120 Goldfinch flights (let me not make the calculation more complicated by including speed up by fuel or by bonuses) or 1,200 Goldfinch flights for 10 days. It means more or less 4 years to finish 5,000 Goldfinch flights what is too long for my taste but at least achievable - not like the 11 years from the first calculation (few posts above).
So, dear GI, one option would be to make the Mech and Hi-Tech Plants slots working in parallel (like in the Resource Base).
Another option would be to introduce a bonus, that will decrease the manufacturing time. "Heli" bonus might decrease the manufacturing time 3 or 4 times for its duration of 24h and might be available like the Lucky Ticket in the Premium Class awards and in the event store (for greenies). With the current setup it will decrease the average time to manufacture items for a Goldfinch flight from 20 min to 6.5 or even 5 min, thus allowing one, who is really committed, to send 8 Goldfinch flights every hour during the day and make the 3 stars for this event destinations achievable in few consecutive years.

Just to present the updated statistics:
After 50 flights the average manufacturing time for items for a single Goldfinch flight increased slightly to 20:13 minutes with an average of 7.4 items per flight needed. As the results didn't change after 20-30 flights, I don't plan to keep track of further data. Once I change the destination I will do same exercise for another Goldfinch destination and will publish the results second half of the week.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04n4ys3v
Username
Mudchute
Sadly, after latest updates game crashes few times a day. I did recently, and I lost 1200 of fuel, just opened from neighbours gifts:( and I was just to buy premium ticket to support developers:( in this case I am not going to buy, as the product is malfunctioning everyday

Sj757

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03sx3xw7v
Username
Sj757
Sadly, after latest updates game crashes few times a day. I did recently, and I lost 1200 of fuel, just opened from neighbours gifts:( and I was just to buy premium ticket to support developers:( in this case I am not going to buy, as the product is malfunctioning everyday
Had this happen to me before and I was pissed, got refueled from neighbors and the game crashed, finished my launch in 1st place and the game crashed and both times items vanished

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
I was wondering.. Be glad for your inputs.
I'm 2nd in my event league.
The 1st has 26K points.
He has 115 flights to Moscow. And that's it. No flights to any other destinations.
How is it possible that he/she has 26K points?

I was wondering.. Be glad for your inputs.
I'm 2nd in my event league.
The 1st has 26K points.
He has 115 flights to Moscow. And that's it. No flights to any other destinations.
How is it possible that he/she has 26K points?
I certainly don’t show in the rankings, all my numbers do not allow being in top100 and nevertheless i have 40k points. I’ve got a number of flights to several destinations, and that’s enough to get those points. Plus the helis, the neighbors, and the buildings

Last edited:

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
I certainly don’t show in the rankings, all my numbers do not allow being in top100 and nevertheless i have 40k points. I’ve got a number of flights to several destinations, and that’s enough to get those points. Plus the helis, the neighbors, and the buildings
Interesting, as I have half of your points, flying to LA & Busan, and in both destinations, I am listed at the 100 top.
How can fly double and still not being displayed in the 100 top lists?

As I'm trying to learn, how did you able to get to that 40K?
Did you speed up many flights? fly regularly?
I will be glad to learn and understand.
(thanks fir sharing the info)

Top Bottom