Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.0 Update Preview

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
23igolyq
Username
A Disco
I’m afraid it will be like a chore to me, no fun . I DK if you’ve started purple maps already, but these are already super difficult with the limit on. I’m taking this game lightly, and I’m not as advanced as some other people around here who started more or less at the same time as me.but those purple maps... each jumbo run has taken me more than 500 f20 barrels,, a golden dice and at least one family ticket and one alarm clock for as little as around 100 flights and a 5 to 6% drop rate... and it needs 500 flights to 3star each destination! Not to mention how difficult is to get those maps: we’re talking about 60 destinations and you cannot fly for map chests as you do with adventure maps. My alliance friends and myself work so hard to end between 8th and 12th each week, meaning 2 or 3 random maps per week. And some maps are really rare!
100 barrels would do for what, 20 flights? 1 map lost and no point of using golden dice, it would be a waste.
Its just a bit harder. More of a challenge. :)

With the limit GI should also adjust other parameters of the game. Like better drop rates, #of flights for 3star etc etc.
I have 100 limit and did not even dare to start any map runs. Whats the point in wasteing time and resources?
I just play everyday for fun and do events, alliances.
It goes completely another way: First GI "repaired" the GD bug so significantly less fuel and gold tokens from red launches, then they "repaired" the Weathervane bug, so S1/S2/S3 planes fly significantly longer with WV and then GI decides to put 100-limit for all. Next steps are in planning :)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I’m afraid it will be like a chore to me, no fun . I DK if you’ve started purple maps already, but these are already super difficult with the limit on. I’m taking this game lightly, and I’m not as advanced as some other people around here who started more or less at the same time as me.but those purple maps... each jumbo run has taken me more than 500 f20 barrels,, a golden dice and at least one family ticket and one alarm clock for as little as around 100 flights and a 5 to 6% drop rate... and it needs 500 flights to 3star each destination! Not to mention how difficult is to get those maps: we’re talking about 60 destinations and you cannot fly for map chests as you do with adventure maps. My alliance friends and myself work so hard to end between 8th and 12th each week, meaning 2 or 3 random maps per week. And some maps are really rare!
100 barrels would do for what, 20 flights? 1 map lost and no point of using golden dice, it would be a waste.
Bless you. Your summary was textbook perfect :angelic::bookworm:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
With the limit GI should also adjust other parameters of the game. Like better drop rates, #of flights for 3star etc etc.
I have 100 limit and did not even dare to start any map runs. Whats the point in wasteing time and resources?
I just play everyday for fun and do events, alliances.
If the limit is imposed, then the changes you mentioned must take place to balance it out. Shoot, even if it was better drop rates, I'd be satisfied. If "very seldom" had a 10% drop rate, I'd be happy. Right now, the rarest items for a "very seldom" flight drop at about 0.3 to 0.4%...like seriously? They could make all of them an even 10% and it still would take forever to complete collections.

It goes completely another way: First GI "repaired" the GD bug so significantly less fuel and gold tokens from red launches, then they "repaired" the Weathervane bug, so S1/S2/S3 planes fly significantly longer with WV and then GI decides to put 100-limit for all. Next steps are in planning :)
I think I just discovered GI purpose: that players start AC on their early twenties and just keep on playing, hoping to achieve all their goals while living in their retirement homes :ROFLMAO:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04n4ys3v
Username
Mudchute
I think I just discovered GI purpose: that players start AC on their early twenties and just keep on playing, hoping to achieve all their goals while living in their retirement homes :ROFLMAO:
That's true, collections are time and resources consuming. Especially when you store all fuel activate bonus and map and then spend one hour clicking stupidly on one plane, starting and speeding up for many times...

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
That's true, collections are time and resources consuming. Especially when you store all fuel activate bonus and map and then spend one hour clicking stupidly on one plane, starting and speeding up for many times...
Well more like 3 to 6 hours, but don't forget the stupidly clicking on the right buildings at the right time and the bonus use to increase pax production or make pax available. You know...simple actions like those that can be done without any thought or strategy :unsure:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04n4ys3v
Username
Mudchute
Well more like 3 to 6 hours, but don't forget the stupidly clicking on the right buildings at the right time and the bonus use to increase pax production or make pax available. You know...simple actions like those that can be done without any thought or strategy :unsure:
Right:) everything is about planning. I am using event bonus just to save spy glass for other occasions:) anyway 1 hour I enough to empty all fuel...

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Forget about it with 100 limit :) I am able to fly for two hours with jets right now. Thats with 300 F20 barrels (100 from warehouse and 200 that I am able to save as unopened gifts during a week). I cannot image to have enough fuel for 6 hours of flying.

Forget about it with 100 limit :) I am able to fly for two hours with jets right now. Thats with 300 F20 barrels (100 from warehouse and 200 that I am able to save as unopened gifts during a week). I cannot image to have enough fuel for 6 hours of flying.
And now just try to calculate how many Giant flights you could do with a single alliance map :)

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I see all the non-100 item limit players use F20 for map flights. So for 6000 fuel you need 300 x F20 barrels. I never use F20 for accelerating flights - I only ever use F300 and F150. To put that in perspective - you need 20 x F300 barrels rather than 300 x F20. It means you have to start accumulating PEB/MS/LFT to captain red launches.

My strategy has been for some time - use F20 and F50 to keep my fleet in the air and maintain higher pax for alliance (between 105,000 and 140,00 per week depending on time available for play). Do lots of red launches and stock up on F150 and F300 to save for map acceleration. And yes, it is harder because nobody can gift you F300 barrels, but trust me, it can be done without much cost. In any case, adventure maps can be flown without acceleration - using between four and six aircraft of same type, activate VW and GD bonuses and ("bingo") you get 6 collectables for that destination. And now we have 6 daily flights acceerated by 30% it is even better. Just don't tell Ivan, or they will stop the freebies. :ROFLMAO:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yup its two different styles of play

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I see all the non-100 item limit players use F20 for map flights. So for 6000 fuel you need 300 x F20 barrels. I never use F20 for accelerating flights - I only ever use F300 and F150. To put that in perspective - you need 20 x F300 barrels rather than 300 x F20. It means you have to start accumulating PEB/MS/LFT to captain red launches.

My strategy has been for some time - use F20 and F50 to keep my fleet in the air and maintain higher pax for alliance (between 105,000 and 140,00 per week depending on time available for play). Do lots of red launches and stock up on F150 and F300 to save for map acceleration. And yes, it is harder because nobody can gift you F300 barrels, but trust me, it can be done without much cost. In any case, adventure maps can be flown without acceleration - using between four and six aircraft of same type, activate VW and GD bonuses and ("bingo") you get 6 collectables for that destination. And now we have 6 daily flights acceerated by 30% it is even better. Just don't tell Ivan, or they will stop the freebies. :ROFLMAO:
I was just thinking this strategy recently. It would take a long time to accumulate enough of the f150 and 300 to do some of the big birds, but it can be done.
The other thing is that a lot of launch boxes will be wasted with the common items. They should take the common items out of the launch boxes and make them drop from the cosmic fuel station once a day....or allow a way to conglomerate all the common items to get rarer ones. Im sure even the launchers with the 100 item limit have those items maxed out.
The more I think about it, the more I realize this 100 item limit could be a blessing in disguise...IF they implement changes across the board to accommodate it. Increase drop rates, decrease required flights, move common items elsewhere or allow for conglomeration, or sell any extras in warehouse. Let's see what other changes will go along with this limit in 7.0

Last edited:
I was just thinking this strategy recently. It would take a long time to accumulate enough of the f150 and 300 to do some of the big birds, but it can be done.
The other thing is that a lot of launch boxes will be wasted with the common items. They should take the common items out of the launch boxes and make them drop from the cosmic fuel station once a day....or allow a way to conglomerate all the common items to get rarer ones. Im sure even the launchers with the 100 item limit have those items maxed out.
The more I think about it, the more I realize this 100 item limit could be a blessing in disguise...IF they implement changes across the board to accommodate it. Increase drop rates, decrease required flights, move common items elsewhere or allow for conglomeration, or sell any extras in warehouse. Let's see what other changes will go along with this limit in 7.0
You’re expecting way too much. But a man can dream I guess. ;)

I don’t want to keep going on about this as there is nothing we can do, but can someone please try to explain how on earth this warehouse limit can help the game and bring balance when we have -

People who started the game who can have upto 10 buildings
People who have no chance of getting CBM buildings
The current new additions from the Russian version who can have unlimited buildings - have a look on the top 20 of red launches and look at their airports. These people get more space items through all these buildings and can have more passenger buildings - how is that fair ?

There are so many different rules depending on when u started. I cannot see at all how a limit of 100 warehouse items will make things any better.

I had a gold sub, I cancelled it last week and it runs out on sept 12th. The reason I cancelled is that I will not pay GI anymore money while this madness is going on.

I count myself as very experienced in the game, I have just two mints but I play the game my way. It did not bother me that others had 10 planetariums or more mints etc but this 100 limit stinks. All it will do is creat more unfairness and it will also encourage more hacking. When crap like this restriction is put on a game hackers will find a way.

What a complete mess this game is turning into.

I will carry on when it comes and see how the gameplay is, we have only seen a small preview, there may well be ways to expand the warehouse but I am not holding out much hope on that. I am already trying out a few things that could help me with the warehouse limit but after 5 or 6 years they will no longer get my money ever.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
but can someone please try to explain how on earth this warehouse limit can help the game and bring balance when we have

We can safely say that it’s not to bring balance. They can say whatever they want, but we can see that the real reason is to make the game last longer (slower). Not that we need it anymore slower than now :banghead:

With the game slowing, impatient people will pay more real money.

I don’t want to keep going on about this as there is nothing we can do, but can someone please try to explain how on earth this warehouse limit can help the game and bring balance when we have -

People who started the game who can have upto 10 buildings
People who have no chance of getting CBM buildings
The current new additions from the Russian version who can have unlimited buildings - have a look on the top 20 of red launches and look at their airports. These people get more space items through all these buildings and can have more passenger buildings - how is that fair ?

There are so many different rules depending on when u started. I cannot see at all how a limit of 100 warehouse items will make things any better.

I had a gold sub, I cancelled it last week and it runs out on sept 12th. The reason I cancelled is that I will not pay GI anymore money while this madness is going on.

I count myself as very experienced in the game, I have just two mints but I play the game my way. It did not bother me that others had 10 planetariums or more mints etc but this 100 limit stinks. All it will do is creat more unfairness and it will also encourage more hacking. When crap like this restriction is put on a game hackers will find a way.

What a complete mess this game is turning into.

I will carry on when it comes and see how the gameplay is, we have only seen a small preview, there may well be ways to expand the warehouse but I am not holding out much hope on that. I am already trying out a few things that could help me with the warehouse limit but after 5 or 6 years they will no longer get my money ever.
On mobile so short reply
Two things
incremental steps rather than 1 big shock bringing everything into line.
might also be to do with how many players effected and what impact it is having. Players with lots of extra buildings will effect launch ranks but not main ranks (as munch) for example. Therefore the impact those players have might be smaller.

only guessing.

Top Bottom