Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.28 update

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
But thats what happens already!? Sorry you're not very clear for little old me!

Or do you mean a kicked player gets their points back and the launch total goes back to the amount as if they had never put points in?

The launch total goes back to the amount as if they had never put points in.

Think you are a minority of 1. You hijack my launch, get kicked off. But its ok youve got your points back, free to hijack again. Nothing learnt!
I didn't think he said they got the points back. I thought he said that the points total goes back down to the amount before they put in.

I may be mistaken but my understanding of how it worked previously (i've only seen this once)

Hijacker 1500
Owner 1200
Launch Total 2700

Owner removes Hijacker

Hijacker gets dumped to end but their points still count to launch total
Owner 1200
Launch Total 2700

Hijacker goes to back of launch and their total shows in red or something

Like I say, I've only seen this happen once and I assumed the person had been kicked, but I may have been mistaken

Where as now the points from the hijacker are removed so the total would go back down to 1200 when the Hijacker is removed. Ivan says the launch total is reduced, he doesn't say the points are refunded.
maybe Free To play could clarify ?

I don't get the complaints, this seems like the best way to do it.
WHY? How can you punish hijackers??
They will feel that can always give a try, because they have nothing to lose!

The real reason for implementing this:
To stop creative players (many of us around the forum, really) using their additional accounts to get really really cheap first places:
Load 2900 from additional account
Kick it
Keep the 2900 points and get a first place almost for free

That's exactly how it works now.
Apart from a few players (hi @zoutron ;)) I can’t imagine why should anyone ASK for this change. I’ve seen people asking for their items to be given back (if I remember I saw a few comments on FB about that), but not this. That’s just another attack on the creative players, as I said before

I didn't think he said they got the points back. I thought he said that the points total goes back down to the amount before they put in.

I may be mistaken but my understanding of how it worked previously (i've only seen this once)

Hijacker 1500
Owner 1200
Launch Total 2700

Owner removes Hijacker

Hijacker gets dumped to end but their points still count to launch total
Owner 1200
Launch Total 2700

Hijacker goes to back of launch and their total shows in red or something

Like I say, I've only seen this happen once and I assumed the person had been kicked, but I may have been mistaken

Where as now the points from the hijacker are removed so the total would go back down to 1200 when the Hijacker is removed. Ivan says the launch total is reduced, he doesn't say the points are refunded.
maybe Free To play could clarify ?
Its the word down. Down means less. It doesnt go down but goes back UP! Its not reduced. Its increased! It might be being a pain to get the preposition correct but up and down are NOT the same thing. Ivan has clarified it. The points needed go back UP.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Apart from a few players (hi @zoutron ;)) I can’t imagine why should anyone ASK for this change. I’ve seen people asking for their items to be given back (if I remember I saw a few comments on FB about that), but not this. That’s just another attack on the creative players, as I said before

Everyone's free to develop a conspiracy theory they like!

I know for a fact there is (was) a black market of players who helped new players to launch spaceships and get rich fast for some cash (the real one, not in-game green ones). Closing that market (which obviously directly violates game's terms of use) is certainly a nice bonus, although the idea behind the change is far simpler: you now think twice before you kick someone who helped you launch the spaceship.

Everyone's free to develop a conspiracy theory they like!

I know for a fact there is (was) a black market of players who helped new players to launch spaceships and get rich fast for some cash (the real one, not in-game green ones). Closing that market is certainly a nice bonus, although the idea behind the change is far simpler: you now think twice before you kick someone who helped you launch the spaceship whether you consider him/her a true friend or a hijacker.
Never imagined that could occur. Perhaps because I’m too cautious about money spending. But I certainly like to help a friend, or myself, for free!
But I must agree that both are valid arguments Ivan

Its the word down. Down means less. It doesnt go down but goes back UP! Its not reduced. Its increased! It might be being a pain to get the preposition correct but up and down are NOT the same thing. Ivan has clarified it. The points needed go back UP.

Well, it depends on the perspective. I used to the word go back down as I was referring to the amount of points total that players had put in, which would indeed go back down.
However if you look at from the other perspective of the number of points remaining required to launch then it will indeed go up :)

I didn't ask for this change but it makes sense to me that if a player is kicked from a launch the points they contributed would be removed. That way it's a lose lose situation where as with the old system it was easier to abuse in a similar way to how you describe with your support accounts. In your case it's willing as you are both the launcher and the person(s) being kicked. However it would be easy for a player to start a launch, put in a small amount of points, then wait for other players to nearly launch it then kick all other people. I suspect it is fair less likely to happen than hijacking, but it's still a way of exploiting other players.

I like the looks of the new update. I like the 100 limit for everyone, I can't compete at all with those who don't have it. I can hardly get into the to 100 on flights because I am at a disadvantage.
Dont think you will any difference seeing as it could takes months to spend saved up items. Dont expect to find yourself competing against anyone. The playing field will be very very uneven for a long time to come and will probably never been equal till every one has unlimited!

Top Bottom