Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

5.4.16 update on android bringing 100 limit - POLL inculded, Will you continue to play?

Would you continue to play Airport City if the 100 limit item is rolled out to everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 113 78.5%
  • Yes, but I would play less often

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Undecided - Please comment below

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
I guess that's it for this game then...

Why should I put time and effort into the game when I know you are just waiting for us to mess something up so you can slap the limit on all our accounts at a restore?

I had a hope this was only a temporary limit to try and combat cheating but it seems to be a deliberate move to limit all your players you just give us a grace period because we complained.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
Bug fixes. Favorite neighbors, Jet Pack, system language fix that caused some games to freeze, rare case with losing planes in reserve hangar, etc.

A 100 item limit was introduced with previous update for new players (and those who reinstall and get a new friend code). Unfortunately, I can't comment on this decision further other than that it is a "game balance" feature.

I spend lots money (greens) to buy additional slots in factories.
They are producing twice a day 24 items; 24 beds, 24 lollipops, 24 sleeping pills.
Now I will not be able to collect them? Why? GI, you look like you stealing them from me.
Can you give me back my money?

I spend lots money (greens) to buy additional slots in factories.
They are producing twice a day 24 items; 24 beds, 24 lollipops, 24 sleeping pills.
Now I will not be able to collect them? Why? GI, you look like you stealing them from me.
Can you give me back my money?

I agree we spend money to upgrade now that money is wasted/lost.
Of course with all games/programs the creator has the right to pretty
much do whatever they want, usually the choices are not this drastic.
Not sure about the game balance maybe he means everyone except
obvious cheaters will be restricted. No mention how to reconcile the
alliance tasks needing anywhere from 100 - 1000+ items per task with
this limitation. Some poorly thought out measures and features IMO.
As I said it seems like they want the game to die as it really is the only
thing that actually makes sense.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
Bug fixes. Favorite neighbors, Jet Pack, system language fix that caused some games to freeze, rare case with losing planes in reserve hangar, etc.

A 100 item limit was introduced with previous update for new players (and those who reinstall and get a new friend code). Unfortunately, I can't comment on this decision further other than that it is a "game balance" feature.

Reasons I will stop playing AC:
1. Rules are changing after every update. It kills that game. :(
2. New unacceptable limits:
- cannot use previously collected collections to finish events :(
- limit 100 items in warehouse :(
3. Drop rate about 2% on new destionations, 1000 flights for 3 stars, 10 collections to get an award building :(
4. Imposible tasks on alliance challenges :(

suckerp

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04sj8mjr
Username
SPNEW-NeededItem
Why should I put time and effort into the game when I know you are just waiting for us to mess something up so you can slap the limit on all our accounts at a restore?
Not for us. It's not our fault that the game crashes at random.
Maybe it's not random afterall but rather by design to get everyone to the 100 limit over time. :dead:

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
If someone has paid money to buy greens, and in turn buy slots for laundry (for example), and with this 100 limit the game no longer allows you to collect items, I fear you are treading on some dodgy legal grounds here for taking peoples money and not giving them the product they have paid for.....

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
axyzhtt
Username
Bongerman
Reasons I will stop playing AC:
1. Rules are changing after every update. It kills that game. :(
2. New unacceptable limits:
- cannot use previously collected collections to finish events :(
- limit 100 items in warehouse :(
3. Drop rate about 2% on new destionations, 1000 flights for 3 stars, 10 collections to get an award building :(
4. Imposible tasks on alliance challenges :(

Erm, Free2Play!!
Are you listening ?
Even @DarekK is saying alliance tasks are IMPOSSIBLE. Drop rate is too harsh. Too many flights for 3 staring. 100 limit.
And point #1 is the biggest problem.
Stupid mistakes is an understatement.

BRING BACK THE GAME WE ALL LOVED SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone has paid money to buy greens, and in turn buy slots for laundry (for example), and with this 100 limit the game no longer allows you to collect items, I fear you are treading on some dodgy legal grounds here for taking peoples money and not giving them the product they have paid for.....

And don't forget all the real money people spent to buy green currency during the 2016 end of year sale offered by GI to get a chance to purchase specialty buildings such as planetariums, training centers, astronaut academy which all produce launch items. Those building will soon have much value with the introduction 100 limits. I for one certainly wouldn't have spent that money if I had known this was going to happen.

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
I used to play another GI game called transport empire and spent quite a bit of real money on it but quit playing it because it got to the point where progress was so slow that the game got exceeding boring. I switched to airport city and really enjoyed the fast pace and constant action. The game was challenging but doable and you could constantly make progress. I've spent quite a bit of money on this game but if this 100 limit is imposed it will bring this game to a screeching halt and make this game boring and I'll quit playing. I will also take this as a lesson learned and never play another GI game again!

What makes this so hard is that I was just getting to the really fun stage - joining this forum, making new friends, getting to be in a launch group and learning to launch rockets, joining an alliance, being part of a fuel ring, etc. Now I'm afraid all of this is going to go away and it makes me sick!

Please, PLEASE! wake up GI, and do the sensible thing and listen to your customers -- take away this 100 limit!!! If you are dead set on having a limit then at least raise it to 1000 so we can store enough things to be able to play the game.

D

Deleted member 5399

I've said it before and will say it again.
All too often have I seen online games fail because the devs/owners do what they want and not listen t the players. The last game I played for as many years as I have AC, failed because the owners/devs made unkept promises.
Eventually they allowed their greed to get the better of them and ended up shutting the servers down a couple years back. Sad really as there was created out of the game, another world-wide community, such as we have here in forums. I have watched AC over the last several years, change in exactly the same way. Nickle and dime the players for repairs on planes, speeding up construction of buildings, speeding up production of buildings, etc. Coins have almost become useless. Sad; so very sad.

Amit Choudhary

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
23zevsx0
Username
AM_Event Items

"Game Balance" my foot!

BAR SOLE

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
aeowyyp
Username
BARSOLE
I feel this is causing alot of concern to players, more so than any bug that has happened in recent updates. If the limit was in place from the start then that would of been a feature of the game, but to implement something that is so constricting to play is just plain daft in my opinion, especially such a low limit. If it was 1000 then it would not affect the ability to do maps etc (Still against even 1000 limit). Add this to the drastic reduction in neighbour planetarium drops, I think yous are trying to cut too much in too short a time, causing disharmony amongst a majority of your players (just look at the facebook page when it was first rumoured for mobile).

I can understand that launches are massive now, more so than you ever planned and as such puts a strain on your servers, but best to make smaller changes to help the strain than massive cuts that will inevitably reduce the player base, which once cut too much will only kill the game off, which is something that we do not want. We want AC to continue to grow, to become better, and ultimately make you more money. But, it seems that the direction that you want to take the game is against the wishes of the playerbase, and more often than not, ignoring your players, your customers will be bad for business.

I urge you to listen to the playerbase, and remove this limit. I feel that the future of this game could depened on which way you go with this, and I feel a limit is the 1st nail on ACs coffin.[/QUOTEI
I think this the final nail in the coffin

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
New update, 5.4.32 out on iOS.

Will not update until we get a clear statement on whats going on.

I keep getting the little chick come on my screen and tell me that there's a new update and to make sure I don't miss it. When I see her I want to scream and slap some sense into her and tell her to go back to her cubicle and keep her nose there until she can come up with an upgrade that actually works and gets rid of all this 100 limit nonsense!

They really don't care. Their marketing team knows that they shot themselves in the foot with long term players when they put out the BCM deal recently. Someone (who is more than likely out of work now) would have said, "let's give them what they want. We'll make a $hort term killing on people buying greenies so they can get the gold tokens needed."

What they did not realise is that because they've given us very little to spend gold/silver on over the past 2 years and their bug miscalculations on how effectively we used GD with planetariums, MANY people had a ton of the tokens in storage waiting. Not just to buy the BCMs but to restock them over and over! I was buying iTunes credit once a week before, but haven't spent a cent since that sale. Their cash flow would have spiked briefly for the sale and then plummeted afterwards. And they KNOW that the likelihood of getting $ from me with the BCMs running is remote until the gold runs out. How do you fix that? Kill the launches.

They are in panic mode with lost sales and assume that if they can't get us spending again, why worry if we leave. Measures have been put in place to stop it from ever happening again. They made some huge errors a long time ago and didn't realise until it was too late. Most casual players and newbies not on the forum won't even have a clue what is being taken from them due to G!s own lack of foresight. This forum, (as wonderful as it is, both for us and for G! to get feedback) has taught anyone that joins and reads all of the techniques to accelerate their games massively and efficiently (usually saving $ along the way). Instead of trying to find a way to fix it, the bean counters are happy to let us go. They're not making money from us.

I have no doubt that a few loyal programmers/developers will be cursing what they are being made to do and arguing that there is a better way. Improve the game, more added value, more incentive. Sure, take stuff away, but baby steps and put something different back in so that players will be happy and, over time, begin to spend again. But G! is a business and those loyal few have no power. The owners/shareholders/management have ordered, "STOP the bleeding now! Don't waste time healing the wound, cut off the limb. It's dead to us now, anyway". And here we are.

I'm feeling a bit like John Wayne Bobbit right now :(

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
038sf1s9
Username
Lindy
They really don't care. Their marketing team knows that they shot themselves in the foot with long term players when they put out the BCM deal recently. Some short sighted newb (who is more than likely out of work now) would have said, "let's give them what they want. We'll make a $hort term killing on people buying greenies so they can get the gold tokens needed."

What they did not realise is that because they've given us very little to spend gold/silver on over the past 2 years and their bug miscalculations on how effectively we used GD with planetariums, MANY people had a ton of the tokens in storage waiting. Not just to buy the BCMs but to restock them over and over! I was buying iTunes credit once a week before, but haven't spent a cent since that sale. Their cash flow would have spiked briefly for the sale and then plummeted afterwards. And they KNOW that the likelihood of getting $ from me with the BCMs running is remote until the gold runs out. How do you fix that? Kill the launches.

They are in panic mode with lost sales and assume that if they can't get us spending again, why worry if we leave. Measures have been put in place to stop it from ever happening again. They made some huge errors a long time ago and didn't realise until it was too late. Most casual players and newbies not on the forum won't even have a clue what is being taken from them due to G!s own lack of foresight. This forum, (as wonderful as it is, both for us and for G! to get feedback) has taught anyone that joins and reads all of the techniques to accelerate their games massively and efficiently (usually saving $ along the way). Instead of trying to find a way to fix it, the bean counters are happy to let us go. They're not making money from us.

I have no doubt that a few loyal programmers will be cursing what they are doing and arguing that there is a better way. Improve the game, more added value, more incentive. Sure, take stuff away, but baby steps and put something different back in so that players will be happy and, over time, begin to spend again. But G! is a business and those loyal few have no power. The owners/shareholders/management have ordered, "STOP the bleeding now! Don't waste time healing the wound, cut off the limb. It's dead to us now, anyway". And here we are.

I'm feeling a bit like John Wayne Bobbit right now :(
Well said!

Top Bottom