Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - March 7th 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
You know I wondered about that, but have checked and it does seem to regenerate when I've closed the game down. Maybe its just me though...

Thanks to everyone who sent the Solar Cells tonight! Love this forum!
I wasn't sure about regeneration but of course it only goes up to the MAX - if you can land planes giving fuel after it reaches maximum or any you can build in a fuel station are added after the max - then the maximum expands to accommodate them - however if you add them before you reach the max (as I did accidently just now!) then in effect you lose the extra fuel once the max is reached (does that make sense?)

I topped up a full supply by 10 when I woke up briefly in the night - then added another 10 this morning - by then all my flights had returned but I managed to launch 5 of them immediately and the 6th after about 5 minutes - without dipping into any reserve. I try to make sure that my reserve stays as high as possible. I am flying 1 turbo prop (collecting the last few stars and collecting space flight stuff) 4 Jets (they will be in use for some time) and 1 Delta. I have a powerful Delta in storage at the moment but wont bring that in until I have secured more stars with the Jets - I guess at that point my fuel problems might become more of an issue and I will have to carefully manage flights so they are staggered to make best use of resources

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wyq6yc9
Username
BearFlights
Sunday Gifts!
Thanks for the gifts @david smith (gamerader) @gorrion @crescent moon @w4mlhq8 (Airville) @wydaho @Aero Aereola @Harcourt

Gifts also sent to @david smith (gameradar2) @Radu81 @ItsRalphy @MarcoVering @Vivke @cats are awesome @wkndcmpr (Skymarshall and SkyM2) @andreasmrg @Husam

Saturday today!
Thanks for the gifts @david smith (both gamerader and gameradar2) @gorrion @Radu81 @w4mlhq8 @Aero Aereola @ItsRalphy @MarcoVering

Gifts also sent to @Vivke @cats are awesome @wkndcmpr (Skymarshall and SkyM2) @crescent moon @andreasmrg @Husam @wydaho

Signature updated :)

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
wx3h3i4
Username
Gandalf
Hi all,
anyone out there willing or being able to help me with
one or the other item below? Thanks a lot in advance!
Seems to be tedious to obtain the items from flights only...
Regards and bye for now!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Hi all,
Regards and bye for now!

I can help you with the following gifts Solar Cell (2) - Amperemeter (2) - Laser Cutter (2) - it will of course take quite sometime to gift all these - if other flyers can help that would speed things up. I will start tomorrow morning London GMT time - let me know how you progress with these items.

Doc

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wyo03x8
Username
Doc
Welcome to the end of the week! A special thank to my friends and neighbors for the gifts, collected all the necessary item for my next upgrade for Doc 2, again thank you very much. Enjoy the day with family and friends, see you tomorrow in the skies (I'll be the guy flying upside down). P.S. If you see something I have that you need, send me a request and I'll make it happen. I try to look at the forum and your add-ons to your call sign to give what you need. Sorry if I miss.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I wasn't sure about regeneration but of course it only goes up to the MAX - if you can land planes giving fuel after it reaches maximum or any you can build in a fuel station are added after the max - then the maximum expands to accommodate them - however if you add them before you reach the max (as I did accidently just now!) then in effect you lose the extra fuel once the max is reached (does that make sense?)

I topped up a full supply by 10 when I woke up briefly in the night - then added another 10 this morning - by then all my flights had returned but I managed to launch 5 of them immediately and the 6th after about 5 minutes - without dipping into any reserve. I try to make sure that my reserve stays as high as possible. I am flying 1 turbo prop (collecting the last few stars and collecting space flight stuff) 4 Jets (they will be in use for some time) and 1 Delta. I have a powerful Delta in storage at the moment but wont bring that in until I have secured more stars with the Jets - I guess at that point my fuel problems might become more of an issue and I will have to carefully manage flights so they are staggered to make best use of resources
I don't think your strategy is optimal. Every minute your fuel is at max or above max, you're loosing 1 fuel per minute. Sure, it's neat when all planes start and land at same time, but it's simply not the most fuel efficient strategy.
I just launch planes with intervals depending on when enough fuel regenerates to launch next one. If all are mid-air then I simply look how much space I have left and when first plane will come back. If I have 40/100 fuel (that's free space for 60 more fuel) but first plane arrives in over 90 minutes, then I use the fuel to speed up the last one - because overflow means fuel wasted 100% while completing a flight does give at least something back.
The dilemma seems to be when I have 90/100, 10 fuel is ready to take from fuel station and a plane arrives in 10 minutes. But when you look at the numbers, natural regen gives 60 fuel per hour while fuel station gives only 10 fuel per hour - so I always prioritize letting the regen clock tick, as it's the most efficient way to get fuel.

I don't think it gets any harder with bigger planes - as you can see, most flights use around 0.1 fuel per minute. Eg:
Jet, Rome, 180 minutes - 22 fuel
Jet, Sydney, 280 minutes - 28 fuel
Delta, Nice, 300 minutes - 30 fuel
Delta, New York, 360 minutes - 36 fuel
Jumbo, Berlin, 480 minutes - 48 fuel
Jumbo, Vladivostok, 520 minutes - 48 fuel
Giant, Oslo, 540 minutes - 50 fuel

So it pretty much means that natural regen is not enough only when you have more than 10 planes. It doesn't really matter which planes would that be.
Bigger planes seem to be slightly more fuel efficient. It's different only when you get to Falcons:
Falcon, Montevideo, 180 minutes - 45 fuel. That's 0,25 fuel per minute. Which means you can sustainably keep only 4 Falcons in the air at all times.

Last edited:
I don't think your strategy is optimal. Every minute your fuel is at max or above max, you're loosing 1 fuel per minute. Sure, it's neat when all planes start and land at same time, but it's simply not the most fuel efficient strategy.
I just launch planes with intervals depending on when enough fuel regenerates to launch next one. If all are mid-air then I simply look how much space I have left and when first plane will come back. If I have 40/100 fuel (that's free space for 60 more fuel) but first plane arrives in over 90 minutes, then I use the fuel to speed up the last one - because overflow means fuel wasted 100% while completing a flight does give at least something back.
The dilemma seems to be when I have 90/100, 10 fuel is ready to take from fuel station and a plane arrives in 10 minutes. But when you look at the numbers, natural regen gives 60 fuel per hour while fuel station gives only 10 fuel per hour - so I always prioritize letting the regen clock tick, as it's the most efficient way to get fuel.

I don't think it gets any harder with bigger planes - as you can see, most flights use around 0.1 fuel per minute. Eg:
Jet, Rome, 180 minutes - 22 fuel
Jet, Sydney, 280 minutes - 28 fuel
Delta, Nice, 300 minutes - 30 fuel
Delta, New York, 360 minutes - 36 fuel
Jumbo, Berlin, 480 minutes - 48 fuel
Jumbo, Vladivostok, 520 minutes - 48 fuel
Giant, Oslo, 540 minutes - 50 fuel

So it pretty much means that natural regen is not enough only when you have more than 10 planes. It doesn't really matter which planes would that be.
Bigger planes seem to be slightly more fuel efficient. It's different only when you get to Falcons:
Falcon, Montevideo, 180 minutes - 45 fuel. That's 0,25 fuel per minute. Which means you can sustainably keep only 4 Falcons in the air at all times.
could u send wide angle binoculars to gameradar2

Hi all,
Regards and bye for now!
sent invite from gameradar2,I've solar cell, ampremeter, laser cutter, will send invite from gamerader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom