Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Why the dislike of helicopters?

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bmvk3qb
Username
craigodile
Whenever I’ve seen helicopters mentioned here the advice often seems not to bother with them.

Whilst I’m not advocating for anybody to make them a big part of their game, I simply have one helipad, one crossbill, fuel station, a resource base, and a mechanical plant. None of the buildings were expensive and the fuel/parts are cheap.

Yep, it’s a bit long winded to fly them, but you get reasonable coins and a few unique buildings and collections. I don’t rush the missions, just send a chopper out when I can.

How do others play them?

KhrysLo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03zxknxet
Username
KhrysLo
The items you need to fly helicopters are expensive to produce. As far as I remember you spend more than you receive. If you fly helicopters mostly to get more skill stars and don’t have a goal to make money out of it then I guess helicopters are fine. I’m still pretty much low level player, don’t have that much coins to deal with helicopters. Having 4 useless 2x2 builings that I can’t get rid of makes me dislike them even more..

CRK

350+ Star Club
I fly them low level. Just build what i need. One pad at the time. I fly until i have 3 stars and the collectable building.
This building i use as bonus building, put them around my waterpark (gives at the moment the highest coins in my city) and speed up the waterpark with video's

Perhaps the amount of coins is lower what you receive by flying then what you need on items to fly. don't know if this is still the case after the last update.
But: if you use the collection buildings as bonus building on the long term you will start making money.
In the alliance i am member of, we aim for 50% flights, so the reward for flying helicopter is always +50%

Fly Holland (RIP)

600+ Star Club
Sadly Missed
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Ask via PM
Username
FlyH - plus what I need
I fly helicopters for the stars and for the collections. For example - the Basejump School you can collect from Niagara Falls is a 1x1 building and gives a 4% passenger bonus. And with other helicopter destinations, you can collect similar buildings. Gold Museum for a 3% coin bonus, Remote Toy for 3% coin bonus, Lounge Bar for 5% passenger bonus, etcetera.

I like these buildings and I think, but I did not do the math, that helicopters become profitable with these buildings. Also, my Alliance often scores the 50% coin bonus, that helps too.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
I ignored helicopters for a long time - too busy 3 starring plane destinations. However, once I understood the process - Resource Base feeds the Mechanical Plants which in turn feed the Hi tech Plants which allow you to fly Goldfinch - I found that it appealed to me. Probably a personality type thing..... :)

Only one more helicopter destination to 3 star now - what then with helicopters?
P

Perhaps the amount of coins is lower what you receive by flying then what you need on items to fly. don't know if this is still the case after the last update.
By the way there was an update on rewards, I'll run a test to see it's latest profitability.
In the alliance i am member of, we aim for 50% flights, so the reward for flying helicopter is always +50%
But helicopters aren't included as alliance tasks... How is this possible?

CRK

350+ Star Club
But helicopters aren't included as alliance tasks... How is this possible?

Not as an alliance task.
With our alliance we usually get the 50% tasksreward at the end of the week, which gives 50% on all Flight Income also on helicopters
Heli50.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Because flying one flight to rideau falls requires 5 pyramid traffic cones, 11 swivel bearings and 3 tail rotors from the mechanical plant which requires things to be produced at a resource base. :rolleyes:o_O

It's a lot of tapping and it's annoying.

I do like flying them during events though because you get event "currency" from each helicopter flight as well.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
In addition to what @Chloe11111 said, I also hate that we need to go back and forth to warehouse to check which items I don't have or which item I need to stock.

3 different production buildings for helicopters, with 14 different types of "flight items".

Too much micromanagement for my taste. So yeah, I hate it.

However, according to my calculation, with recent revamp of helicopter flights, they're now profitable.

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
I just started my flights with a Crossbill helicopter today and got on the first 3 flights to Iguazú a profit avg. of 435 coins/flight, not to bad for 15min flight time. But I see now that more the challenge is to keep it in the air with the item production needed, so will likely need to add a second mechanical plant to reduce waiting times...

Whenever I’ve seen helicopters mentioned here the advice often seems not to bother with them.

Whilst I’m not advocating for anybody to make them a big part of their game, I simply have one helipad, one crossbill, fuel station, a resource base, and a mechanical plant. None of the buildings were expensive and the fuel/parts are cheap.

Yep, it’s a bit long winded to fly them, but you get reasonable coins and a few unique buildings and collections. I don’t rush the missions, just send a chopper out when I can.

How do others play them?
Land for helicopter projects! ! !
I think the helicopter program should not start until the general flight destinations of swifts,
owls and falcons and the general flight destinations of the alliance are completed and the eagle flight begins.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
202lkorhc
Username
Dirt Dart Landen
I liked the helicopters

Once I had 6 of each resource building and had a production system going they were great as I 3 starred them all and also got plenty of flight items and bonus buildings

But I do understand why some people don’t like them as it needs the resources and the space to put them
I used the Birds to grab the stars and help me get weekly tasks done. I have since downgraded to one page building(s) required...just because I can not justify the GoldFinch Repair Bill Other than that I agree they have served their service to me especially with the alliance bonus

Land for helicopter projects! ! !
I think the helicopter program should not start until the general flight destinations of swifts,
owls and falcons and the general flight destinations of the alliance are completed and the eagle flight begins.
You are 100% correct

People see the tasks they need to do and want to do everything straight away then get frustrated when they cannot as they do not have resource or space.

This game is not something that can be done in two minutes, many of us have played for years and we are all still trying to do things in it.

Just recently i have seen many people on here and on FB start space missions and they have no resources so they fail. It’s the same with helicopters, yes it takes lots of parts but if you have the buildings in place then you get the parts but if your new to the game having space for the helicopter buildings is hard

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
With the First Class alliance bonus you can make between 400 to 480g/hr profit on Crossbill helicopter. Without it only about 20 to 60g/hr. Trying to keep them in the air requires a lot of interaction and multiple Mechanical Plants so whether I persist or not remains to be seen (at the moment I get enthused for a few hours and then not so for a few more).

Top Bottom