Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Warring! Do not spend any money on this game.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
Warning!

Do not spend any money on this game.

G! is changing rules of the game drastically every update.
Last time they changed the way of working VW bonus and they extended flights 4 times. The game becomes unplayable.

It wasn't a temporary bug. VW bonus worked this way from the beginning of the game. G didn't change that after they announced S3 planes and later adding gold subscription. Now G notices that people with gold sub flying S3 have very short times for flying and G decided to change that. Now we have flights 4 times longer. That's the fact.
G! is killing this game.

DarekK

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Can you explain that?
I do not know if you agree with me or mock me.

Of course, I don't agree with you. The game doesn't become 'unplayable' because 0,001% of its userbase can't instantly return the flights that they send with planes the rest of the players can only dream of acquiring through years of hard work. That's a change that our game designers' team felt was necessary to be done to align how this bonus works along with the rest of the game. That's my point. Whatever any player pays or not for this experience overall is entirely up to him or her, I'm not arguing about that.

Online games are services that change rules, art, texts, and pretty much anything else with every update, so that they cater both to the needs of its audience and its developers. Those games that don't adapt or do it either too drastically or too slowly don't survive for too long.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
Somehow I don't remember anyone complaining when they got S3 planes for free just by visiting Madlen's city because of the bug in the code.

Oh well.
Yes, we're slowly killing this game for 8 years now. Thanks for playing it.

You should try to make the game better and more interesting and not just change it so that we can't play without paying.
I've been playing this game for almost 7 years and I remember many mistakes in programming you've made.
Gift code with 2000 greens and 3 coins, 30 the same prizes for the first place in the Alliance ranking, immediate next CBM launch after visiting neighbors, free fuel, free items for flights. There were dozens or even hundreds of them.
But it has been different for over a year. Under the cover of fixing temporary errors, you change the basic rules of the game.
The family ticket gave 3x pax, now it gives 2x pax, VW bonus is now working differently than for the last 8 years. Many examples could be given.

One thing I can say.
I will not renew the golden subscription.
If you enter the limit100 for everyone, I'll end up playing.
But I'm afraid you will enjoy that.

DarekK

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
Of course, I don't agree with you. The game doesn't become 'unplayable' because 0,001% of its userbase can't instantly return the flights that they send with planes the rest of the players can only dream of acquiring through years of hard work. That's a change that our game designers' team felt was necessary to be done to align how this bonus works along with the rest of the game. That's my point. Whatever any player pays or not for this experience overall is entirely up to him or her, I'm not arguing about that.

Online games are services that change rules, art, texts, and pretty much anything else with every update, so that they cater both to the needs of its audience and its developers. Those games that don't adapt or do it either too drastically or too slowly don't survive for too long.

Congratulations, you write that a longtime player does not mean anything to you and you do not care about them because they are 0,001% of the userbase.
Thank you for writing the truth.
This is the end of the conversation.

DarekK

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
You should try to make the game better and more interesting and not just change it so that we can't play without paying.
I've been playing this game for almost 7 years and I remember many mistakes in programming you've made.
Gift code with 2000 greens and 3 coins, 30 the same prizes for the first place in the Alliance ranking, immediate next CBM launch after visiting neighbors, free fuel, free items for flights. There were dozens or even hundreds of them.
But it has been different for over a year. Under the cover of fixing temporary errors, you change the basic rules of the game.
The family ticket gave 3x pax, now it gives 2x pax, VW bonus is now working differently than for the last 8 years. Many examples could be given.

One thing I can say.
I will not renew the golden subscription.
If you enter the limit100 for everyone, I'll end up playing.
But I'm afraid you will enjoy that.

DarekK

Well, being vocal about changes is all right, it's a forum after all, and not an official one, as well.
I'm not enjoying the harsh rhetoric, but I see your point.

There's this other mobile game I'm playing as a regular player for five years now from a major video game developer with a very good reputation. That game is much more profitable than Airport City, although it has about the same rating from player reviews. They've done lots of changes to the game throughout the years, and most of those changes were initially met with criticism from its most active players: you're killing the game with those changes, you're making all of the changes so we can't play without paying, etc. It's all true in part, of course, but without those changes the game would probably stop attracting new players and, in time, there'll be no new updates — so I respect the developer's decision to move the game in the direction they feel is proper so it lives on. I was a top paying player in the first year of that game's release, but now the game with all those updates is too complex for me to dive in daily, so I spend significantly less time and money on it.

So, yeah, I understand your point, but that's how things are everywhere.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
AC is a dead game since day one. You have like 10K players max that plays. You are so proud of "your game"
The Clash of Clans has 50 million daily users.

100 players with the largest and most beautiful airports are unnecessary for you.
We are still advertising for your game, we push on new players to spend money,
We do not deserve such contempt.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Hi,
If you guys think these changes help game grow especially 100 limit, I think you might be wrong.
We all want AC to have a good revenue stream, I liked introduction of subscription etc but if you want more revenue then why not go a further while and introduce things which can be bought like plane skins, building skins while at the same time developing game for all of it's player's including those 0.001%. I don't know how fixing VW makes game generate more revenue like new player doesn't even know what it is:D
I don't know if those 0.001% player's matter to you GI but AC matters a lot to those 0.001% player's who have put their thousands of hour's into it, We also want change but can you please focus on things which are required in the game like it's been more than a year I think since a major update, No new levels, No Mars, No helicopter in events, No CBM offer for those 99.999% player's who doesn't have it( I thought you guys cared about those). All that I have seen is event after event after event which is all good for those who like to do events but it gets boring after a while atleast for me.
Also I just want to talk to the legend who took decision of 100 limit, He/she must be an amazing AC player and very informative to determine this huge 100 amount to be set as limit.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
This way you guys are loosing trust of player's like me. Tomorrow you guys will go on and reduce the effect of other bonuses and say it's a game balance like from now on QL will be of 12 hours or it will reduce launch by 50% instead of 90%, It creates a very negative impression in the minds of existing player's, We don't know what will happen in the game in future so are we wasting our time playing it today?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
This thread has suddenly gone from a rant to some very interesting points, and this is what I enjoy about the forum. I am in full agreement with the points @AJ made (excellent delivery by the way) , but I just want to say that as displeased as most of us are, we need to remember that it's not Ivan's fault for the changes, so bashing him or Ur-quan is unnecessary.
I myself would love for things to go back to the way they were with the WV, but if it doesn't, that's ok too. However, that 100 item limit has and will always be a sore spot for me, and that is one thing I will aways oppose. Also, I do hope that there wont be any major changes to the bonuses such as golden dice or QLs, as the Golden Dice is the only saving grace from moving drop rates from 0.01% to 0.1%. I personally would love to see some improvements in flight drop rates in general (been pleading for this for years), but that's just me. Adventure buildings are great, but they are random in their rewards. Sometimes we have specific collections that we want to complete.
Bottom Line: I really hope 7.0 makes things right and that they will listen to the 0.001% of players who make up this forum.

Bigglesbaz

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20so7vj6
Username
Bigglesbaz
I really enjoy this game. I realised at the start that it is just that, A Game. I love getting angry and frustrated, which means it's motivating me, and on the other hand I love reaching certain goals and facing ever increasing hurdles and problems which brings a great deal of satisfaction. I hate it when an Event goes sidewards--and I throw the mouse across the room--like the one we have at the moment and we have a reset in the middle of all our hard graft, but I know that it's part and parcel of a game. If this was real life we'd all be literally gunning for people who sent the wrong gift or said the wrong thing and be hanging the developers. I do games to get a rest from all the crap in the world, and considering I've lived through tons of crap as a cop and spent thousands of pounds on wordly things a few quid here and there on a game that gives me a buzz and a challenge doesn't bother me. Heck, each time I buy a pack of fags its £8 down the drain. It's my choice. I have met a lot of good people on the forum, but when I eventually get bored of the game I shall find another that will stretch me again. In fact, it is good for a person to step off of the real world for a while each day and just play. When I was a kid I loved jumping in puddles but now I skirt around them because water spoils everything and you get wet -- that sums up what life does to you, but you don't have to be an adult and lose the joy of living that can be found in the magic of make believe play. So, life is unfair by default but I'm always trying to find ways around that constant to have some fun despite the aggro. The great thing is, I can continually walk away from this game and come back to it later, but life doesn't offer that opportunity. Count your blessings in whatever form they come, you could be dead tomorrow. Baz :)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I really enjoy this game. I realised at the start that it is just that, A Game. I love getting angry and frustrated, which means it's motivating me, and on the other hand I love reaching certain goals and facing ever increasing hurdles and problems which brings a great deal of satisfaction. I hate it when an Event goes sidewards--and I throw the mouse across the room--like the one we have at the moment and we have a reset in the middle of all our hard graft, but I know that it's part and parcel of a game. If this was real life we'd all be literally gunning for people who sent the wrong gift or said the wrong thing and be hanging the developers. I do games to get a rest from all the crap in the world, and considering I've lived through tons of crap as a cop and spent thousands of pounds on wordly things a few quid here and there on a game that gives me a buzz and a challenge doesn't bother me. Heck, each time I buy a pack of fags its £8 down the drain. It's my choice. I have met a lot of good people on the forum, but when I eventually get bored of the game I shall find another that will stretch me again. In fact, it is good for a person to step off of the real world for a while each day and just play. When I was a kid I loved jumping in puddles but now I skirt around them because water spoils everything and you get wet -- that sums up what life does to you, but you don't have to be an adult and lose the joy of living that can be found in the magic of make believe play. So, life is unfair by default but I'm always trying to find ways around that constant to have some fun despite the aggro. The great thing is, I can continually walk away from this game and come back to it later, but life doesn't offer that opportunity. Count your blessings in whatever form they come, you could be dead tomorrow. Baz :)
Well said. We often forget that it's just a game, and it's our choice what we do at the end of the day. Some pay money to fully benefit from the game's offerings, while others enjoy the challenge of getting by without spending a dime. We have to expect changes to occur throughout a game's lifetime....some changes we will love, others will be "meh", and others we will despise with a passion. We can hope that developers will hear our cry, but if they dont, we can stick around and deal with it, or walk away.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Somehow I don't remember anyone complaining when they got S3 planes for free just by visiting Madlen's city because of the bug in the code.

Oh well.
There was a bug in playstore which made 100$ purchase available for 0$ in any app, Since PUBG is one of the most popular games in India, Around 1.6 million player's used that bug and bought PUBG UC worth 100$ for free, Fortunately PUBG has the tech which allowed them to rollback those purchases and all benefits player's got from that UC including that of things which were bought from that UC in game store.
I hope that kind of system comes in AC where if player's who have received benefits from a good bug(I have a lot as you know) can be removed/clawed back from their game to the maximum extent possible but it should also reimburse player's in case player's looses something from a bad bug, I understand bug's happen and that PUBG is online game and AC is offline but maybe there's a possibility of developing this kind of tech which can neutralize the effects of bug's on the game.
Take time if it's needed.

Bigglesbaz

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20so7vj6
Username
Bigglesbaz
There was a bug in playstore which made 100$ purchase available for 0$ in any app, Since PUBG is one of the most popular games in India, Around 1.6 million player's used that bug and bought PUBG UC worth 100$ for free, Fortunately PUBG has the tech which allowed them to rollback those purchases and all benefits player's got from that UC including that of things which were bought from that UC in game store.
I hope that kind of system comes in AC where if player's who have received benefits from a good bug(I have a lot as you know) can be removed/clawed back from their game to the maximum extent possible but it should also reimburse player's in case player's looses something from a bad bug, I understand bug's happen and that PUBG is online game and AC is offline but maybe there's a possibility of developing this kind of tech which can neutralize the effects of bug's on the game.
Take time if it's needed.

You're quite right. I have found that if a game is too easy and playable through bugs or unchallengeable gameplay I don't last long at it. It's like wanting a bar of candy to sate your hunger and someone gives you a whole box of the sickly stuff! I play military strategy games and found a bug in one that gave me an inexaustible amount of equipment and men, it was fun for ten minutes but after that I hated it and removed it from my computer.
Baz :).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
But that's just it....this game is not easy....far from it. Even with unlimited items, there are some tasks that take ages to do, no matter how efficient you are. The 100 item limit places limits on how many flights you can do with one map, but even with limitless storage, you have to spend hours upon hours doing instant returns on one map to get what you need. To me, that's exhausting! To even get to that point, you have to save up resources for weeks. It took me at least a year to finish the first 5 collections of adventure buildings....and this is without a warehouse limit. I don't think there is a single player in this forum that finished everything they wanted to do in this forum in a year. There is no need to make this game more challenging. o_O

I can see why people are annoyed, but I must say I kind of agree with Free2Play on this one. It sounds like during game design the impact of having 3 things reduce flight time (Subscription, S3s and WV) where all taken into account at the same time resulting in flying the top level flights more quickly than even some of the Turbo Prop flights. This seems wrong to me to be able to do this. To me this was an unintended consequence of multiple features being added in at different times which gave flight times that were never intended. This was then corrected.

Darekk is also kind of making your point for Free2Play. You mention a number of bugs that have resulted in players getting free stuff but when we get those sort of bugs most players try to use them for as long as possible and don't tell the devs. But if there is a negative bug we complain complain complain.

The other way to look at this stuff, is that rules of any online games change. Either with new features or balancing. I play a game (not online, but same principle applies) called EU 4. Since the game was released it has had 28 patches, with probably 14 major expansions, each adding new content and features and changing the rules. Most of the time making the game harder by closing loopholes that the players found that made the game too easy.

I get that with AC it is different as it is a game that you can pay for to speed things up and I get that there are plenty of people who have spent a lot of money on the game and are upset at they feel like they have wasted their money but see it as a return on investment. For example if I buy a game for £30, and I play it for 1 hour I'd be miffed, but if i get 10-15 hours out of it then I'm happy, If i get more out of it then I am very happy. Same thing with AC. I personally try and limit my spending to around £1 / day. But the amount I play AC I feel like that is good value for money when you compare to say going to the cinema which is £8 easily for 2 hours of entertainment, or going out drinking which last time I did that many years ago was £20-£50. Like I say, I get people will be annoyed that the rules will change and there will be a limit on how much stuff they can build so they dont have as much need for factory buildings. Hopefully with the new patch the whole landscape will change and there will be new things you can do and hopefully can carry on enjoying the game.

Oh well.

Free2Play - stay the high ground my friend difficult as it may be...... Most forum members greatly appreciate your information and insight into the AC and it's development!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
uraw
@DarekK - I really don’t get your plan here. I realise you are upset that the game is changing, and now you want people to stop spending money. Do you know what will happen if everybody stops spending? In the end, g! won’t have any money to develop and run the game on a daily basis, which means your idea is very selfish and short term thinking. We get it - you want your money back and stopping your gold sub. It’s all fine, but you’re ranting about the game is just so tiring to read about.

In fact, I think ill spend some once there is a sale again and maybe even a silver sub.

D

Deleted member 9675

What I have seen more of over the last few weeks, since all the hype began over the 100 limit issue; is just how many low level players with barely any flight experience, somehow managing to not just have an exuberant amount of space buildings crammed into their tiny cities, but there are exuberant amounts of both commercial and residential buildings popping up everywhere.
And some of these buildings were not part of the game when I began 5 yrs ago.
So the lower levels, some of them are finding other ways to cheat the system

Top Bottom