Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Very slow moving game. (new player)

someone

Device
  1. iPhone
Hi All,

I have been playing for a week or so and find it frustratingly slow to accumulate coins for upgrades and buildings. I've browsed the wiki but it doesn't really give you pointers for new players. What are some tips and tricks on getting coin faster? I regularly let guest planes arrive. I've tried to max out my land with coin producing buildings with a mix of long and short interval payouts. I'm t level 16 and it is a real struggle to get to 15K coins for a bigger runway.

Are there any guides out there on a building purchase\upgrade strategy to speed things up (other than spending really cash for coins/greenies).

I have three Owl planes, but have just realised I've still got missions for the swift plane so should I sell an Owl and buy a swift to finish those?

TIA for any advice.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Have a look at this; https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/starting-fast-gathering-coins.30564/

I’d ignore the side missions (I.e. the swift missions) you are talking about, to an extent. The game (and side missions) are designed to make it feel like you never have enough coins - but this will not always be the case. Try not to feel pressured or rushed, this is a game for the long term.

It’s perfectly possible to make 100k coins per day, even more. It just takes time and strategy to get there.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
By the way, whilst is is expensive to buy land with coins, I would recommend doing this, particularly if you are a free to play player, whilst it’s possible. After (20?) expansions you can no longer buy with coins, and it changes to greens only. Remember, you can always make more coins, and a day will come when you have more than you need. The same is not true for greens. Save these for land (when coins are no longer an option), and buy on the weekend when they are half price (every 2 weeks).

1. Patience is a very good virtue to have playing this game
2. Develop a strategy and have short term goals to pursue so it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you get to them. (One of my short term goals at the moment is buying 2 Falcons with the infrastructure to support them)
3. One tip that I used (other players may disagree with me); build a Movie Theater/Water Park and speed up maximally with ads available. It boosts your coins to a couple of thousand a day
4. Good luck :) The beginning is a bit rough, but once you get to around level 35-40, it only gets better

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
By the way, whilst is is expensive to buy land with coins, I would recommend doing this, particularly if you are a free to play player, whilst it’s possible. After (20?) expansions you can no longer buy with coins, and it changes to greens only. Remember, you can always make more coins, and a day will come when you have more than you need. The same is not true for greens. Save these for land (when coins are no longer an option), and buy on the weekend when they are half price (every 2 weeks).
You are killing me Mike! I am at that difficult stage. It is $400K for my next land expansion. Coins are precious at this point. It is absolutely testing my resolve not to buy when they have the 50% land sale for 10 greenies. Coins? I have to decide land or Tower 7. Also, need repair base 5, terminal 6, runway 5 & 6. You can look at my airport under Mike, ZIE, or ZIE2. I am jack...sickle. Maybe you have advice on best approach. Also, maybe tips on maximizing coin production that I'm not using. I do everything in the gathering coins guide. (I use Grand Hotel instead of Waterpark)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
You are killing me Mike! I am at that difficult stage. It is $400K for my next land expansion. Coins are precious at this point. It is absolutely testing my resolve not to buy when they have the 50% land sale for 10 greenies. Coins? I have to decide land or Tower 7. Also, need repair base 5, terminal 6, runway 5 & 6. You can look at my airport under Mike, ZIE, or ZIE2. I am jack...sickle. Maybe you have advice on best approach. Also, maybe tips on maximizing coin production that I'm not using. I do everything in the gathering coins guide. (I use Grand Hotel instead of Waterpark)
Best approach is to upgrade runways and land LOTS of guest planes. A lot of your coins will come from the collections that come from landing guest planes. If you use bonuses like dice, guest planes will drop a lot more.

When you visit, visit planetariums. These produce items for the 2000 coin collections.

Collections is where it's at in the early days. As for upgrades, runways first and as soon as you can.

Repair base doesn't need upgrading until you buy into that level of plane. Keep in mind that you don't have to buy the next level of plane just because it's available. Tower/stands would be the next direction I would go after runways.

And here is the real key - the more hours you play, the more coins you will collect. I'm not suggesting that you give up real life. I'm just saying that if you are prioritizing real life (which indeed you should), then expect the game to move lots slower.

And definitely resist the urge to spend greens on land expansion in the early days. You will kick yourself later if you do use those greens

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
Best approach is to upgrade runways and land LOTS of guest planes. A lot of your coins will come from the collections that come from landing guest planes. If you use bonuses like dice, guest planes will drop a lot more. Collections is where it's at in the early days. As for upgrades, runways first and as soon as you can.
Right, lots of guest planes. I sometimes forget that it isn't the initial coin, it is in the collections. Runways first.
When you visit, visit planetariums. These produce items for the 2000 coin collections.
I do this.
Repair base doesn't need upgrading until you buy into that level of plane. Keep in mind that you don't have to buy the next level of plane just because it's available.
That makes sense. I am at least a month away from needing a larger plane.
Tower/stands would be the next direction I would go after runways.
OK. I think my head can stop spinning now. I had been given advice before on this line of approach (runways then tower, then terminal, then repair base). But throw in need for fuel, pax, population and land, plus add in the event buildings (fortunately not this one) and it just gets overwhelming. Thank you so much!
And here is the real key - the more hours you play, the more coins you will collect. I'm not suggesting that you give up real life. I'm just saying that if you are prioritizing real life (which indeed you should), then expect the game to move lots slower.
Agreed. I'm not so concerned with speed per se, but more keeping things efficient, so that time spent is well spent.
And definitely resist the urge to spend greens on land expansion in the early days. You will kick yourself later if you do use those greens
I am trying! Hopefully, many others will read this and take the advice.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@jack...
- event buildings are pretty cheap - and if you want to be competitive in the events, the buildings take precedence over everything else
- there are lots of passenger buildings that don't cost a fortune. Stock up on those. But make sure you don't load up on cottages if you aren't in the game all the time. If you play every 4 hours, load up on the 4 hour buildings first then work your way down to the faster producing buildings. The same goes for coin generating buildings.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom