Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Stars, a plus or a distraction?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
Without a doubt, the accumulation of stars is a popular and competitive part of the game as clearly evidenced by the star club. Yet one must admit that the rewards obtained for each star are dismal. There isn't even a grand reward for having accumulated a number of stars either, as far as I am aware. Many destinations will drop items for collections that will reward you with bonus items or buildings, the bonus items are consumable and the buildings, well it is nice to collect 6 of them, is it not?

So here is my beef with stars. There are only 3 to collect per destination! Once I acquire the 3 stars, another destination to collect stars is beckoning. If I stick to the same destination past the 3 stars to complete the collection to get the buildings or bonuses, there is not even a record of the number of flights let alone the recognition of acquiring more stars and the dismal chest or whatever is the reward.

There is also the matter that once you collect all the stars for that type of aircraft, the aircraft becomes practically obsolete, serving mostly to occupy expensive space in my reserve hanger.

So, a plus or a distraction? Would we not be better off continuing to fly to the destinations past the 3 stars to collect 6 buildings or a useful bonus? For the purpose of enhancing our game, the answer has to be, yes. However would it not be great if you could also continue to accumulate stars whist you do that? As opposed becoming distracted with flying to new destinations for stars with just the chest and the recognition as a reward.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
It really depends on what your goals are in the game. I'm a star chaser. But it doesn't mean I won't fly to Cape Canaveral or Plesetsk for launch preps, or to Delhi for Lassi so I can get another sky captain, or to Turkish Coast for Landing Lamps so I can fly space maps for more QL bonuses.
But wouldn't it be nice if you could record these flights with the collection of stars too?

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
But where do you stop, does each destination have an infinite number of stars? Even if has something more than 3 stars (say 5 stars) then eventually you will reach it and be in the same position. There is already a reason and a reward to fly to those destinations (i.e. bonuses, preps etc) beyond the minimum 3 star flight requirement.

However, it would actually be interesting, as someone recently raised, to be able see how many times you have flown certain destinations from commencing.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
But where do you stop, does each destination have an infinite number of stars?
If the number of flights to reach the next star doubled then my answer is that it can be infinite. In the case of building rewards, once you have 6 buildings you would stop. Not so for bonuses but it would eventually be a huge number till your next star. And yes the number of flights would be recorded as a bonus.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
But where do you stop, does each destination have an infinite number of stars? Even if has something more than 3 stars (say 5 stars) then eventually you will reach it and be in the same position. There is already a reason and a reward to fly to those destinations (i.e. bonuses, preps etc) beyond the minimum 3 star flight requirement.

However, it would actually be interesting, as someone recently raised, to be able see how many times you have flown certain destinations from commencing.
The question is whether there is something at that destination worth flying to after you have completed the 3 stars. Certainly a sky captain bonus is worth chasing the items for the collection. Is a QL? Are launch items?

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
The question is whether there is something at that destination worth flying to after you have completed the 3 stars. Certainly a sky captain bonus is worth chasing the items for the collection. Is a QL? Are launch items?

That will only be something that each individual can decide based on their play style and objectives. Even beyond the bonus / preps there are things like alliance tasks or even just balancing flight item consumption that may play into choosing where you fly to today.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
There are a lot of activities that are not rewarded. L80 as a maximum. Experience points capped at 8500. Flights beyond 3 stars uncounted. Collecting items more than 100 not allowed. Six building limit. Personally, I think that every action should lead to somethning. But I'm not in charge.

:)
P

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
This feeds into my idea of a rewards system for stars. The only reason I chase them now is to get the color star I like in the forum. The only difference between a 150 star player and a 1500 star player is that one spent a lot of time and fuel flying those 1000 flight destinations and maps. In other words, obtaining more stars doesnt mean youre a better player.
Now what would make star chasing more alluring besides the star club emblem is if you got abilities as you advance in star levels. Maybe at 1000 stars you get a permanent boost in fuel regeneration, and at 500 you get +50 to your warehouse space...or nice perks like that.
The star collecting is a great opportunity to add a dimension to the game that rewards everyone ranging from newbies to vets...and it also encourages long term play.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
To answer your question, I say yes. ;-)

(I find it a bit of both)

It's fun to get 3 stars on each destination. OK, most destinations. There is no reason to fly to Montevideo unless you want to collect a star.

I don't mind it really. It's like buildings, some are pretty but give out very little people/coin per space/time/population needed. But they are there in the inventory and some people do put them on a map. So I see locations/stars to be like the flying version of Unique Gifts or the Travel Agency. 😉🤔

👧 ⛽

N

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
exactly my point! it looks like the stars system is only worth a badge in this forum...
It is the only reason. Bragging rights to show who is more dedicated in getting stars. On the forum, you cant help but look at someone with a lot of stars as someone who really knows what they are doing and have been playing this game for a long time

It is the only reason. Bragging rights to show who is more dedicated in getting stars. On the forum, you cant help but look at someone with a lot of stars as someone who really knows what they are doing and have been playing this game for a long time
Different people play different ways. Enjoy different things. By saying « bragging rights » you‘re, I in my book calling them show offs. No that’s what they like in this game. You go into space all the time. I see no stars for that- if there were you’d have thousands. Don’t criticize others by throwing bragging rights just because in the game stars count and space flights don’t.

From a star chaser. Proud of it and couldn’t give a monkeys what anyone else says. You play your way, I’ll play mine Along with lots of others. Don’t care two hoots about the star here, it’s the number in the game name.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Different people play different ways. Enjoy different things. By saying « bragging rights » you‘re, I in my book calling them show offs. No that’s what they like in this game. You go into space all the time. I see no stars for that- if there were you’d have thousands. Don’t criticize others by throwing bragging rights just because in the game stars count and space flights don’t.

From a star chaser. Proud of it and couldn’t give a monkeys what anyone else says. You play your way, I’ll play mine Along with lots of others. Don’t care two hoots about the star here, it’s the number in the game name.
Well the idea behind bragging rights is still valid. We may not be going around with a foghorn making an announcement about it, but we still make it a point to update our rank in the star club once we reach a threshold. If it solely was about the number of stars in the game, then we would not update our ranks in the forum; we would just play without any update. The same principle applies to getting event badges. We get them to show other forum members what events we have completed. As for me going to space all the time, I only do that to get fuel. No need for me to ger stars from it, as it's not my main objective in the game.
Nobody is getting on you for being a star chaser; do you. As you said, we all have our individual goals. But lets be real....we all get some level of thrill for updating our badge for reaching the next level. Nothing is wrong with it, but it is the reality.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
I don’t see any argument here, we are just saying the same thing using different terms and tones. We all get to play the game our own way and that makes the game enticing. If we replace the word brag with recognition I believe we all get back on the same page. The thread is about the value of stars. Those whose game is about the number of stars would surely appreciate getting another star after having flown to Turkey 1000 times for lamps to fly maps. The same applies to those who do not particularly fly for stars because I am sure that nobody ever complained when they got a star. I for one try my best to avoid it and fly to destinations that could enhance my game in some way however the temptation is always there and frequently I succumb to it for a star, hence the topic, are stars a plus or a distraction!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I don’t see any argument here, we are just saying the same thing using different terms and tones. We all get to play the game our own way and that makes the game enticing. If we replace the word brag with recognition I believe we all get back on the same page. The thread is about the value of stars. Those whose game is about the number of stars would surely appreciate getting another star after having flown to Turkey 1000 times for lamps to fly maps. The same applies to those who do not particularly fly for stars because I am sure that nobody ever complained when they got a star. I for one try my best to avoid it and fly to destinations that could enhance my game in some way however the temptation is always there and frequently I succumb to it for a star, hence the topic, are stars a plus or a distraction!
100% agree. Guess I chose the wrong diction, and recognition would be the better word. As I said, it's not a distraction to me per se...just an opportunity to enhance the game that isnt currently used.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
Actually in the game the value of stars is only for your own satisfaction exept for some low levels you need a minimum number of stars to open new destinations. I'm sure if GI creates new stars levels many of us wil try to reach them just for fun.

Getting three stars also gives you the feeling of an accomplished job. So, no, I wouldn’t like an infinity of available stars on each destination. And no, I don’t mind flying certain destinations after having 3 starred them, if that means getting access to bonus, buildings or any other perks

Top Bottom