Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Stacking Bonuses Decreases Effectiveness

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
@crescent moon You were correct. I ran 2 different destinations, 40 flights each. The first destination I used only Spy Glass and got 18 items. On the second destination I used Spy Glass, Sky Captain, and Dice and I only got 13 items. Both were Jumbos, both were 40 flights each, both were for the same Adventure building. 300% increase got me 13 items, while 150% got me 18. Hmmmmmm. I guess I won't waste any more bonuses by stacking them since the results are worse.

@crescent moon You were correct. I ran 2 different destinations, 40 flights each. The first destination I used only Spy Glass and got 18 items. On the second destination I used Spy Glass, Sky Captain, and Dice and I only got 13 items. Both were Jumbos, both were 40 flights each, both were for the same Adventure building. 300% increase got me 13 items, while 150% got me 18. Hmmmmmm. I guess I won't waste any more bonuses by stacking them since the results are worse.
Yes but it can vary destination to destination. True comparison would be to redo the first destination identically but with different bonuses.

@Madge59230 is absolutely right. You have to compare the very same destination.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I would have to disagree. I think stacking helps - I’ve tried different bonuses to the same destinations and seen significant differences. Most conversations are held here:

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I think this is mainly down to sample size, with a sample size of 40 being way too small. My last S3 run was very different outcome to the first time I ran that destination, with a similar number of flights each run I got 1 drop and 5 drops respectively.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0989trby
Username
Jackattack
I would have to disagree. I think stacking helps - I’ve tried different bonuses to the same destinations and seen significant differences. Most conversations are held here:
On the last day of the event I have like 10 to 15 bonuses going so I god get maximum items, profit, and Exp.

If you flip a coin 5 times and it comes up heads every time, what are the chances the next flip will be heads? Still 50%.

The sample size needs to be miles higher to even begin to compare numbers. With all the bonuses stacked, there is a 400% increase chance. For ease of numbers, let’s assume with no bonuses, the drop rate is 1 in 50. Bonuses bring that up to around 1 in 10. 40 flights is not going to produce Confident results.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
202zde0u
Username
FarStar
I always felt bonus stacking made them not work as well, but since the update that changed how bonuses worked a bit via length of time and also made crates have an equal shot of dropping different items they stack much better. I am not sure if it is a complete stack, but you do get better drops the more bonuses you apply.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I always felt bonus stacking made them not work as well, but since the update that changed how bonuses worked a bit via length of time and also made crates have an equal shot of dropping different items they stack much better. I am not sure if it is a complete stack, but you do get better drops the more bonuses you apply.
Could be a matter of perception.
If you assume a base drop rate of 10% for adventure flights;
Using spy glass (150%) will give a drop rate of 0.1 + (0.1 x 1.5) = 25%
Using spy glass, sky capt and Dice (+300% total), 0.1 + (0.1 x 3.0) = 40%

So contrary to what you (in general) may think at first thought, twice the % increase doesn’t result in twice the drops.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
202zde0u
Username
FarStar
Could be a matter of perception.
If you assume a base drop rate of 10% for adventure flights;
Using spy glass (150%) will give a drop rate of 0.1 + (0.1 x 0.15) = 25%
Using spy glass, sky capt and Dice (+300% total), 0.1 + (0.1 x 0.30) = 40%

So contrary to what you (in general) may think at first thought, twice the % increase doesn’t result in twice the drops.
I do not think anything in general. I am speaking from the 1000's of flights I do a month to all different types of destinations and noticing that the issue with stacking may not be as much of issue I thought it was over the past 4 years. Anyone is welcome to assume what they want.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I do feel like the "stack effect" isn't as strong as it was when the change first occurred, but it could also just be the luck of the draw with my recent map runs. Agree that sample sizes aren't as big as they need to be, but in general, our sample sizes tend to be smaller because of the nature of the game (most cant do the hundreds of flights required for a true sample size). I've been wondering if there was a change and we werent informed

Top Bottom