Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Spyglass or Dice?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
Hi fellow addicts! I am currently working on the Egyptian quest. Have both spyglass and golden dice on separate occasions. Drop rates (drops are seldom rather than very seldom) are miserable considering other quests!
Would appreciate what has worked for you?

Many thanks as always :)

HH

Simp1710

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
simp1710
I used a spy glass and normal dice yesterday when trying to complete the collection from flights to Alexandria- I completed 67 flights and got 4/5 of the collection. Gutted! I'm now going to have to do blue launches again to try and get another map!

I never know if these space/ Egyptian etc collections are classified as quest or collectable? I kinda assumed the golden dice should be used for quests like Xmas/ valentines (this has been good for me in the past!) and the spy glass should be used for the collections like space/ Egypt?
But maybe that's where I'm going wrong and why my drop rate was so poor !?!

Would also value peoples opinion on which ones have been useful to them :)

Simp1710

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
simp1710
You're right Red Fox One. I don't know why I wrote that... That's the way round I meant! There are too many options and not enough clarity in the description for each one!!

Also how does the sky captain fit into it as well!! I know it increases experience, money and chance of an item drop but would your chances be greater if you used a dice in addition to this?

Simp1710 - I am still trying to get my first collection done and I will be getting ready for another set of flights this weekend. The last time I did this, I used the spyglass with only one map to the location and I managed to get all 6 pieces required for that destination!!!! I probably got in roughly 30-35 flights in that 6 hour window, so obviously the drop rate was excellent. I don't know if this is just lucky or not, but I hope it holds up because I only have one map to the final destination and I need all 6 pieces for that city to get the pyramid. I will keep you posted.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Simp1710 : I'm not 100% sure myself, it's just I've always thought that way. I'm not sure about the normal dice.

As for sky captain, i think it gives better drop rates for both mission and normal quests / flights including maps.

From my friend's experience:
Using spyglass for maps flights: drop rate doesn't improve
Using golden dice for maps flights: drop rate improves (i also did this)
I recall him complaining about using spyglass and there's no improvement in which i told him to use golden dice for his next attempt.

During Christmas mission i used a spyglass and indeed the drop rates improve for getting the continental gifts, as weel as continental balls, and items to complete Christmas buildings. I didn't use golden dice so no comment there.

greensmith has experiences using these items so he might give us more insight.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
Thanks for all the advice and insight, this is why this forum is so good, as everyone shares :LOL:

I have always used greenies to get the golden dice, you can get the dice (Mr Wulf's Collection) and spyglass (Five Islands Crests) from flying
so I assumed the golden dice would give better drop rates??? (n)

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
Happy Helen .... absolutely!!! Golden dice would be the bonus to use to get these higher drop rates for Ancient Egypt. However, if you are collecting Ancient Egypt Maps from the excavations destinations, a regular dice would do the trick. I am 3 starring Ancient Egypt destinations as we speak. With the golden dice, i was fortunate enough with some of the derstinations dropping 4 out of nine flights
Cheers!

javi

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Javi+ items needed
I got the sphynx yesterday !!!
I try to figure out what was the best bonus to use, but I haven't found any certitude.

It seems anyway that the golden dice is the best choice. It is nevertheless quite unpredictible. I can get 6 flights with nothing and then a 50% drope rate in the next 6....
The syp glasses: I used a couple of time, but I am not sure it makes any differences. (10% drop)

The captain bonus didn't improve the rate... I am quit sure about it. A full day using it and not a single drop.

Finally, using the golden dice, I manage to get the 6 items with 20-30 flights for each destination.

Now, I will try the coliseum if the excavations give me the missing maps.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
I got the sphynx yesterday !!!
I try to figure out what was the best bonus to use, but I haven't found any certitude.

It seems anyway that the golden dice is the best choice. It is nevertheless quite unpredictible. I can get 6 flights with nothing and then a 50% drope rate in the next 6....
The syp glasses: I used a couple of time, but I am not sure it makes any differences. (10% drop)

The captain bonus didn't improve the rate... I am quit sure about it. A full day using it and not a single drop.

Finally, using the golden dice, I manage to get the 6 items with 20-30 flights for each destination.

Now, I will try the coliseum if the excavations give me the missing maps.

javi

Great research, thanks and so glad its all been worth your while (y) :LOL:

I have tried both of these - golden dice and spyglass - and both worked!! Although, the drops for the golden dice were probably a little better. What I found interesting is that when I sped up the arrival times of the planes, the golden dice gave me no items, but the spyglass did. By speeding up the arrival times, I mean using fuel right after sending them, not the fuel catalyst. Hope that helps.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
using Golden Dice: 1 drop from 8 flights to Londinum (P.Delta, Stonehenge)
without Golden Dice: 1 drop from 9 flights to Londinium (as above)

no comment

javi

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Javi+ items needed
And to coliseum:
14 flights to Carthage with spy glasses : 1 drop.
14 flights to constantinople without bonus : 1 drop.

Lukasz: Last year I did the stonehenge. With a golden dice I was able to get my 6 drops with less than 20 flights. I was completing them just to get the star. Now GI makes us life more difficult.o_O

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
38 flights to Londinium and not one drop of a Druid Stafff!! I used regular dice and sky captain with no luck. Would golden dice and/or spyglass work any better???

LAX

I used dice and sky captain at w/end for Egyptian quest, got 2 drops and exhausted all my fuel, hardly worth the effort. (n):banghead:
From my experience golden dice best results :whistle:

Top Bottom