Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Question on managing fleet numbers for alliance flight requirements

Nice! Got 343 flights to San Fran at 2:00 hours each, which would require 200+ flights to Thailand for the Fuel Supply. Rolled the dice to change it and got Ouagadougou at 2:40 per flight. Hate to ditch the other members right after the new week has started, but this alliance stuff is garbage. No way I'm paying GI for accelerators and to give up my real life to be tied to this iPad 24/7 to gather up a bunch of meaningless "rewards."

If you wish to change your fleet, the best time to do that is before the Alliance Tasks reset Sunday night.

Walking away from this game is an option that may be worth considering and I once did it. Sometimes, you really have to ask yourself, what I am really doing ? Sometimes, you get stuck one thing that you develop tunnel vision and fail to see other things go into the equation. People do that.

There are some options to consider:

1) If you have a high-enough PAX count, you may wish to consider an alliance that does NOT require Tasks. Some of them such as TOP20 alliances do require a very high PAX count and maybe you can achieve it. Some alliances are better than others. If you are in an alliance where you are not trading with the other members, GET OUT. If the other people in your alliance do NOT have the same goals as you do, GET OUT. If you can not communicate with other people in your alliance, GET OUT. I'm saying this out of some bad experiences that I have had in some alliances. There are different types of alliances for different players.

2) You may be to have a "one man" alliance and then you do 2 of 3 tasks for the 50% coin reword that imposes a bonus the following week. If you make that decision, be sure to exchange gifts with neighbors and build up trading relationships. Those can make or break you. I've been trading with many of the same people for months. The key is RELATIONSHIPS.

3) You can change your fleet to reduce the number of flights. The third task is based upon the plane that you have the most of. The change takes effect the following week. If your fleet is 2 Owls, 4 Jumbos, and 1 Giant, the Third Task will be using a Jumbo. It does not matter if it was 3 Jumbos, the third task would be the Jumbo. I myself fly Giants as my third task and I got assigned 96 flights using Attitude Indicators. This is where trading with neighbors and alliance member really pays off because you can get those that way. If sell off some of my Giants, I might do well to buy more Condors so I would only have to do about 80 flights a week to complete my third task if I so CHOOSE.

4) In some task completion alliances, you do NOT have to do all 3 Tasks. Some alliances such as the one I'm in only require 1 or 2 tasks.

I think you need to consider making some decisions and some will be hard, but not impossible. At level 80, you can do all three Tasks and there may be some incentive to do so. It's NOT just completing the Tasks. I only did my third Task because I wanted to 3 Star Oslo and I also wanted to get first in the Destination rankings for Oslo because that gives me a "Gold Chest" in addition to that 50% income bonus plus I got an Omega Map Chest and I like to think it's partly because I transported over 200,000 PAX a week. I don't expect a cookie for it but I'm trying to make a point.

Both I and @Chloe11111 are trying to help you but you have to make the DECISIONS for what is right for you.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
If you wish to change your fleet, the best time to do that is before the Alliance Tasks reset Sunday night.

Walking away from this game is an option that may be worth considering and I once did it. Sometimes, you really have to ask yourself, what I am really doing ? Sometimes, you get stuck one thing that you develop tunnel vision and fail to see other things go into the equation. People do that.

There are some options to consider:

1) If you have a high-enough PAX count, you may wish to consider an alliance that does NOT require Tasks. Some of them such as TOP20 alliances do require a very high PAX count and maybe you can achieve it. Some alliances are better than others. If you are in an alliance where you are not trading with the other members, GET OUT. If the other people in your alliance do NOT have the same goals as you do, GET OUT. If you can not communicate with other people in your alliance, GET OUT. I'm saying this out of some bad experiences that I have had in some alliances. There are different types of alliances for different players.

2) You may be to have a "one man" alliance and then you do 2 of 3 tasks for the 50% coin reword that imposes a bonus the following week. If you make that decision, be sure to exchange gifts with neighbors and build up trading relationships. Those can make or break you. I've been trading with many of the same people for months. The key is RELATIONSHIPS.

3) You can change your fleet to reduce the number of flights. The third task is based upon the plane that you have the most of. The change takes effect the following week. If your fleet is 2 Owls, 4 Jumbos, and 1 Giant, the Third Task will be using a Jumbo. It does not matter if it was 3 Jumbos, the third task would be the Jumbo. I myself fly Giants as my third task and I got assigned 96 flights using Attitude Indicators. This is where trading with neighbors and alliance member really pays off because you can get those that way. If sell off some of my Giants, I might do well to buy more Condors so I would only have to do about 80 flights a week to complete my third task if I so CHOOSE.

4) In some task completion alliances, you do NOT have to do all 3 Tasks. Some alliances such as the one I'm in only require 1 or 2 tasks.

I think you need to consider making some decisions and some will be hard, but not impossible. At level 80, you can do all three Tasks and there may be some incentive to do so. It's NOT just completing the Tasks. I only did my third Task because I wanted to 3 Star Oslo and I also wanted to get first in the Destination rankings for Oslo because that gives me a "Gold Chest" in addition to that 50% income bonus plus I got an Omega Map Chest and I like to think it's partly because I transported over 200,000 PAX a week. I don't expect a cookie for it but I'm trying to make a point.

Both I and @Chloe11111 are trying to help you but you have to make the DECISIONS for what is right for you.

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the insight. I've given the alliance stuff a try multiple times now, but it's just not for me. I enjoy the game, and in particular, I enjoy the events--mostly because I can get on and play some sessions when it's convenient, and usually complete the event. The alliance requirements are like having a second job every day, only instead of getting paid, you pay them. Of the different games I've played, this one is definitely above average. I'd rate it higher, but this one nickels and dimes its players a lot more. I'm willing to spend some money on games (and have spent some here), but a lot of the pricing structure in this game is just absurd. Just too much time and money for me to participate in all aspects of the game.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the insight. I've given the alliance stuff a try multiple times now, but it's just not for me. I enjoy the game, and in particular, I enjoy the events--mostly because I can get on and play some sessions when it's convenient, and usually complete the event. The alliance requirements are like having a second job every day, only instead of getting paid, you pay them. Of the different games I've played, this one is definitely above average. I'd rate it higher, but this one nickels and dimes its players a lot more. I'm willing to spend some money on games (and have spent some here), but a lot of the pricing structure in this game is just absurd. Just too much time and money for me to participate in all aspects of the game.
There are some Alliances that don’t have any requirements at all. @ItsRalphy runs such an Alliance called Knight Fliers where you pretty much fly how you want with no pressure to do tasks or an amount of passengers. One of my support accounts is in this Alliance and the weeks where we have a full complement of members we make the top 100. It’s really relaxed and I’m sure there are others like it, so don’t write off Alliances so quickly.

It sounds to me like you need to set priorities in this game. Yes, sometimes, it is like a job. And alliances are a give and take relationship even if they don't have a Task Completion requirement. Yes, this game will push you into many different directions. You have to decide what is realistic for you at a given moment and what your priorities are at the moment. I go so far as to state in my signature what my priorities actually are at the moment and primarily to grow my airport facilities using the income bonus. That's me.

One option I mentioned was a "ONE man alliance" where you simply quit your current alliance and form your own alliance. You then can opt to do two Tasks to get the income bonus. That may be the First task that would usually be "Do 50 flights to destination X using an Owl" and maybe your second task that uses the highest level plane you have. If you decide, you really do not value that 50% income bonus from flights, then you have to do NOT have do those Tasks. But whatever...it is on you and you ALONE.

Yes, this event is quite a challenge and I do it not to get first place but for some of the other stuff such as the houses, the plane liveries, and the power generators. That will pay off for me. And yes, the stars are nice.

I do NOT want to say that this is the option for you because you might do better in another alliance that may be better run that what you are in. Or maybe, you might to form your own alliance with players.

There's different types of alliances for different types of players. I practically quit a TOP50 alliance in favor of one that didn't have a high-PAX requirement because I couldn't handle the high-PAX requirement and valued something else at the moment. I had a good time in that alliance and I was able to pass down what I learned from the previous alliances I was in. I only left it because I was growing faster than everyone and I felt that I needed something else so I left it for the one I'm in now. I am still grateful to the former alliance for what they provided me when I needed it. They are looking for new members at the moment. That alliance is "The Peacekeepers".

There's upsides and downsides just like in real-life. All I can do to try to help at this point is ask you one question, "What do you want?"

At level 80, you would have 400 swift flights if you had the most swifts.

But keep in mind, there is no "need" to do even one alliance task. I fly for the stars from the alliance destinations and working towards items for Tower of London ... and will later work on Eiffel Tower. Not tremendously special buildings just a badge of honor for hard work and time spent
For a city like me that doesn't have much land and too many destinations that don't get stars, it is very appropriate to complete the weekly alliance task.
The key is to integrate into the team work, even though this is just a game.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I get it completely and there are lots of people who enjoy the game that way.

At the same time, I encourage you not to ignore the alliance destinations whether you complete the tasks or not. You don't have to do 340 flights. But if you can knock of 50 in a week that's progress. There are unique buildings (Tower of London and Eiffel Tower) that you can only get from these destinations. No pressure, just a side task.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
Appreciate you all taking the time to provide the additional inputs. I really enjoy some aspects of this game. The alliance that I had recently joined was only three members, but the other two were both completing all tasks. I managed to complete all tasks in the last few weeks, but was spending way more time glued to my iPad than wanted. The other two members were both at levels in the 70's, but seemed to be getting significantly easier task requirements. It was a random invite from a new neighbor picked up during an event, so there was no communication to really know what the alliance goals were. Kinda felt like I was letting them down if I didn't complete all tasks since that seemed to be their goal.

pilot-wv, I may just take the advice and try the one-person alliance for a while. The events are still my primary interest, and being in my second year in the game, I've just now done some of the events for the second time, so it's nice to come into those with some existing resources and experience--even though now, at Level 80, I'm now not really able to compete for the top positions because now I'm up against those who have been playing for many years.

Appreciate you all taking the time to provide the additional inputs. I really enjoy some aspects of this game. The alliance that I had recently joined was only three members, but the other two were both completing all tasks. I managed to complete all tasks in the last few weeks, but was spending way more time glued to my iPad than wanted. The other two members were both at levels in the 70's, but seemed to be getting significantly easier task requirements. It was a random invite from a new neighbor picked up during an event, so there was no communication to really know what the alliance goals were. Kinda felt like I was letting them down if I didn't complete all tasks since that seemed to be their goal.

pilot-wv, I may just take the advice and try the one-person alliance for a while. The events are still my primary interest, and being in my second year in the game, I've just now done some of the events for the second time, so it's nice to come into those with some existing resources and experience--even though now, at Level 80, I'm now not really able to compete for the top positions because now I'm up against those who have been playing for many years.
I wouldnt give up on alliances. It’s a question of the right one.. I have a small alliance run from the forum, no Messenger or Didcird or anything complicated. Very laid back. 1 task is all you need although others do more (Their choice). You’d be welcome. It’s a friendly group. Give it a try….?

Madge

Leaving that alliance may actually be a good idea particularly as it seems to be a low level alliance. The others probably were getting tasks that seem easy if they were doing things like replacing Ravens with Eagles or making some shifts from Jumbos to Giants. The number of flights reduces accordingly. People at level 70 have less flights than what you would get.

I wouldn't give up on alliances just yet because there are differences in alliances and different goals.

I'm in alliance, GoldenGlobe. This alliance has the main goal being completing 50% of the tasks a week. Often, we do wind up in top 100 alliance rankings because there are quite a few level 80 players and I tend to have A PAX count that can range from 150-200 thousand PAX a week. We gift each other every day and that does help us meet our goals. Most of us have support accounts that provide extra fuel. We communicate through a Cat on this forum as well as a GolgenGlobe group on this forum. There may be two openings so you might want to speak with @David Beech my alliance leader about that.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
I wouldnt give up on alliances. It’s a question of the right one.. I have a small alliance run from the forum, no Messenger or Didcird or anything complicated. Very laid back. 1 task is all you need although others do more (Their choice). You’d be welcome. It’s a friendly group. Give it a try….?

Madge

Apologies for the delayed response. Been busy with work travel. I appreciate the offer, and may take you up on it in the near future if a slot is still available. I'm swamped with work right now, so not spending nearly as much time in the game.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Task 1: this is based on your smallest plane
Task 2: this is based on your largest plane
Task 3: this is based on the plane you have the most of. If you have two types of planes with the same number (e.g. 3 of both hawk and raven), the task will be based on the larger of the two planes.

The number of flights you get for each task is based on fuel and your level. Your signature says you are level 55 but that doesn't make sense because at that level, you should not get 300 flights of anything. So I'm going to assume you are at least level 70.

If you have the most swift, you will get 300 flights assigned. If the plane you have the most of is raven, you would get about 140ish flights. If it's giant, you would get about 72 flights. The more fuel each flight takes, the fewer flights you will be assigned.

If your goal is to complete alliance tasks, you might think differently about the planes you have for each task.
This is exactly what I was looking for in the Wiki when I asked you on Discord. Thanks 😂

Top Bottom