Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Question on managing fleet numbers for alliance flight requirements

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
Been playing about 1.5 years, but my alliance experience is only about two months of that time. I have two of every aircraft from Hawk to Condor, and on Sundays I ensure that I have one Swift and three Owls in the fleet so two of my three requirements will be based on Swift and Owl. Having more Owls was great a couple weeks ago when I had Cape Canaveral as a destination as it has no item required for flight, and I got a lot of launch items. This week, I got Malta for a destination for 300 flights--not so good since it requires the Powerful Radio Transmitter, and now I'm making 150+ trips to Goa to get that item (also getting from gifts and Lake Baikal, very rarely).

That said, what will happen if drop one Owl, and add one Swift? I will then have two of all aircraft. I assume the Swift missions will be retained, but would that give me twice as many of those? If all aircraft numbers are equal, how is the "highest number of aircraft type" determined for one of the three alliance missions? I'm concerned it would randomly pick any, and I would be faced with 50+ Condor missions with only two aircraft.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
Your smallest plane and biggest plane would be a destination task. If there’s an equal number for the “most of category, it will be the biggest plane that qualifies. So with 2 of every plane, you’ll get two destination tasks for the biggest plane.

If you made it 3 of your lowest plane and 2 of everything else, you’d get two destinations for your lowest plane instead.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Task 1: this is based on your smallest plane
Task 2: this is based on your largest plane
Task 3: this is based on the plane you have the most of. If you have two types of planes with the same number (e.g. 3 of both hawk and raven), the task will be based on the larger of the two planes.

The number of flights you get for each task is based on fuel and your level. Your signature says you are level 55 but that doesn't make sense because at that level, you should not get 300 flights of anything. So I'm going to assume you are at least level 70.

If you have the most swift, you will get 300 flights assigned. If the plane you have the most of is raven, you would get about 140ish flights. If it's giant, you would get about 72 flights. The more fuel each flight takes, the fewer flights you will be assigned.

If your goal is to complete alliance tasks, you might think differently about the planes you have for each task.

Task 3: this is based on the plane you have the most of. If you have two types of planes with the same number (e.g. 3 of both hawk and raven), the task will be based on the larger of the two planes.

The number of flights you get for each task is based on fuel and your level. Your signature says you are level 55 but that doesn't make sense because at that level, you should not get 300 flights of anything. So I'm going to assume you are at least level 70.

If you have the most swift, you will get 300 flights assigned. If the plane you have the most of is raven, you would get about 140ish flights. If it's giant, you would get about 72 flights. The more fuel each flight takes, the fewer flights you will be assigned.

If your goal is to complete alliance tasks, you might think differently about the planes you have for each task.
Actually, this problem has been bothering me for a long time. Here, we only assume that the minimum stands are 7 stands:
2* Swift, 3* Owl and 2* Hawk, while my backup hangar is minimized, assuming that there are still 2 owls,
should we calculate according to 3*Owl or 5*Owl in the stands?

To put it simply, will the spare hangar model and aircraft number be included in the number of flights of the alliance mission?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Actually, this problem has been bothering me for a long time. Here, we only assume that the minimum stands are 7 stands:
2* Swift, 3* Owl and 2* Hawk, while my backup hangar is minimized, assuming that there are still 2 owls,
should we calculate according to 3*Owl or 5*Owl in the stands?
I think that's what I want to ask about threading.
Neither. It is calculated based on your level, not the number of planes you have. If you have "most" hawks, it doesn't matter whether you have 3 or 10. You will be assigned the same number of hawk flights.

I think it would be helpful in this discussion to is the Excell spreadsheet showing the levels and the amount of flights you might have to do for your Alliance Mission Tasks. I am attaching that spreadsheet here but in my arrogant opinion, it really should stuck some place like the Wiki.

For my alliance tasks, I have 3 Owl's, 7 Giants, and 4 Condors. I am at level 80 and my tasks were assigned like this:

Task One - lowest level plane - Malta (Owls) - 50 flights
Task Two - highest level plane - Lagos (Condor) - 40 flights
Task Three - the most planes I have - Oslo (Giant) - 96 flights

For me, I currently own one Swift but I will sell it before Sunday evening I don't want to do 67 flights with one airplane and since a swift cost 400 coin, that to me is disposable as an empty soda can.

For Owl flights, if I have a destination that requires Landing Lamps, I would do 50 flights to Turkish Coast because that will always give me a Landing Lamp. The sequence would be 50 Flights to Turkish Coast followed by 50 flights to the assigned location location - e.g. 50 Turkish Coast, 50 Washington, DC. I don't bother asking members of my alliance to gift me landing lamps.

I do have a few other aircraft that I do NOT indented to use for Alliance Mission Tasks such as 2 or 3 Hawks, 2 Falcons, 1 Thunderbird, 1 Eagle, and 3 Jumbos. I keep the planes around for other flights I might need to do to get stuff for Space Missions, get repair items, or some other thing. It depneds upon the whims of strategies.

HTH.

Attachments

• AC_Tasks.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 125
Swift
I think it would be helpful in this discussion to is the Excell spreadsheet showing the levels and the amount of flights you might have to do for your Alliance Mission Tasks. I am attaching that spreadsheet here but in my arrogant opinion, it really should stuck some place like the Wiki.

For my alliance tasks, I have 3 Owl's, 7 Giants, and 4 Condors. I am at level 80 and my tasks were assigned like this:

Task One - lowest level plane - Malta (Owls) - 50 flights
Task Two - highest level plane - Lagos (Condor) - 40 flights
Task Three - the most planes I have - Oslo (Giant) - 96 flights

For me, I currently own one Swift but I will sell it before Sunday evening I don't want to do 67 flights with one airplane and since a swift cost 400 coin, that to me is disposable as an empty soda can.

For Owl flights, if I have a destination that requires Landing Lamps, I would do 50 flights to Turkish Coast because that will always give me a Landing Lamp. The sequence would be 50 Flights to Turkish Coast followed by 50 flights to the assigned location location - e.g. 50 Turkish Coast, 50 Washington, DC. I don't bother asking members of my alliance to gift me landing lamps.

I do have a few other aircraft that I do NOT indented to use for Alliance Mission Tasks such as 2 or 3 Hawks, 2 Falcons, 1 Thunderbird, 1 Eagle, and 3 Jumbos. I keep the planes around for other flights I might need to do to get stuff for Space Missions, get repair items, or some other thing. It depneds upon the whims of strategies.

HTH.
Assuming that Swift is not sold on Sunday and put in the standby warehouse, the lowest-level aircraft task of the alliance task next week will be Swift?

Swift

Assuming that Swift is not sold on Sunday and put in the standby warehouse, the lowest-level aircraft task of the alliance task next week will be Swift?
That is correct and it happened to me once. That week, I had to do 67 flights with one "Swift" airplane.

My approach to situations where I have to make a flight using a Swift is to buy a "Swift" for 400 coin, do NOT use any special livery with it (low investment), do the task, and then sell it off.

I prefer my lowest task to be done with Owls because I have 1 Owl S3 and 2 Rainbow Owl's. It's very easy for me to complete my complete my first task in one or two days.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Swift

Yes, it's based on your available fleet - both on the stands and in the reserve hangar. If you don't want a swift task, you must sell it off.

800.png
Chloe11111

pilot-wv​

I am very grateful to the above two for their enthusiastic answers. I finally understand, and it is very clear.
I feel like I'm going to enter university, haha.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96

Thank you, Chloe. Yes, I need to update my signature. I just hit Level 80 a few weeks ago. I tried doing alliance stuff early in my playing, but found it too much to keep up with due to work travel. Decided to give it another try, so there's still a lot to learn about how this works.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Thank you, Chloe. Yes, I need to update my signature. I just hit Level 80 a few weeks ago. I tried doing alliance stuff early in my playing, but found it too much to keep up with due to work travel. Decided to give it another try, so there's still a lot to learn about how this works.
At level 80, you would have 400 swift flights if you had the most swifts.

But keep in mind, there is no "need" to do even one alliance task. I fly for the stars from the alliance destinations and working towards items for Tower of London ... and will later work on Eiffel Tower. Not tremendously special buildings just a badge of honor for hard work and time spent

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
At level 80, you would have 400 swift flights if you had the most swifts.

But keep in mind, there is no "need" to do even one alliance task. I fly for the stars from the alliance destinations and working towards items for Tower of London ... and will later work on Eiffel Tower. Not tremendously special buildings just a badge of honor for hard work and time spent

I try to have the Owl as my "most of" aircraft. Does it matter how many of them I have at the weekly reset time? Last few weeks, I've had two of all, with three Owls. After the new week starts, I just buy 3 or 4 more Owls (for a total of 6 or 7) to do the tasks, then sell when done. If I just keep them thru the reset, will the 6 or 7 total increase the number of flights required? The 3 "keeper" Owls, I have in S2 Gold. The "temps" I bumped up to S1 Silver this week because I had to run additional flights to Goa to get the Powerful Radio Transmitter. Hate to sell them since they've been upgraded, but I don't want something crazy like 500 flights next week.

If you don't want to use Owls for your 3rd task, you have 3 basic options.

1) sell off some Owls. This is why I don't have all S1, S2, and S3 aircraft in my fleet. I might want to purchase "disposable" aircraft or have some that are Disposable that I do NOT put greenies in. It's LOW investment knowing that I would probably walk away. Before putting a livery on such aircraft, I often ask myself, "How likely am I to sell of the aircraft?" I have 3 Owl's (a S3 and 2 rainbows) in my fleet.
2) Do not do your third task. In some task oriented alliances and in alliances without a task requirement, you simply do NOT bother doing the third task.
3) Another option that might help is to build up your hanger. I have purchased quite a number of slots in my hanger and I have upgraded my hanger up to level 4. I can simply do my first task (Owl) and then exchange those Owls with other planes in the Reserve Hanger. I have can swap the Owl for a Raven, Hawk, Thunderbird, Jumbo, Eagle, or a Falcon.

Along this line, I now have one empty slot that I can use for a "Swift" depending upon the event.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I try to have the Owl as my "most of" aircraft. Does it matter how many of them I have at the weekly reset time? Last few weeks, I've had two of all, with three Owls. After the new week starts, I just buy 3 or 4 more Owls (for a total of 6 or 7) to do the tasks, then sell when done. If I just keep them thru the reset, will the 6 or 7 total increase the number of flights required? The 3 "keeper" Owls, I have in S2 Gold. The "temps" I bumped up to S1 Silver this week because I had to run additional flights to Goa to get the Powerful Radio Transmitter. Hate to sell them since they've been upgraded, but I don't want something crazy like 500 flights next week.
No, the number of planes you have does not impact how many flights you have.

You are level 80. So if you have most Owls , you will get 343 flights for task 3.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
Nice! Got 343 flights to San Fran at 2:00 hours each, which would require 200+ flights to Thailand for the Fuel Supply. Rolled the dice to change it and got Ouagadougou at 2:40 per flight. Hate to ditch the other members right after the new week has started, but this alliance stuff is garbage. No way I'm paying GI for accelerators and to give up my real life to be tied to this iPad 24/7 to gather up a bunch of meaningless "rewards."

Top Bottom