Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Our friends on Windows need help

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
We are by now mostly aware that our friends running Airport city on windows have an ad problem that is crippling their game. I suggest that we all pay attention to their building item needs and assist as much as possible. Not only for control tower and terminals but also for manufacturing buildings etc.

Tomorrow it could be another platform that is in trouble and we would all be grateful for the help.

I am currently playing two games on Windows, my main game on a desktop (levlel80) and a support game on a laptop (level 66). My support game frequently has at least one ad available but my main game has not had any ads available for over two weeks. I am nearing the time to upgrade my Terminal and Tower but needing 10 of each item and with no ads to work with, I will simply sit and wait until I get bored with the game and quit.

It wasn’t too long ago that you couldn’t use videos for those items. Then there were only 5 videos total per day. There are many ways to skin a cat in this game and things change all the time. Sometimes you just need to adapt. Nearly all long term players would have traded items here...

The smartest thing was to do all or most of the trading before even starting construction of the buildings.

PlatinumFox

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ity5cfp
Username
aPlat "item"
It wasn’t too long ago that you couldn’t use videos for those items. Then there were only 5 videos total per day. There are many ways to skin a cat in this game and things change all the time. Sometimes you just need to adapt. Nearly all long term players would have traded items here...

The smartest thing was to do all or most of the trading before even starting construction of the buildings.
This does overlook one aspect of the problem: the current game mechanics are designed for the current ad-centric game play. Without the ads, Windows players are at a considerable disadvantage. Even trading for items fails to make up for this handicap.

Still, if more members paid attention and offered to help even if they don’t currently need anything themselves, the Windows players can plan ahead and actually get there. At this time they are totally dependent on gifts.
I thought that’s what I was doing. It’s not uncommon for new members to ask questions without knowing their way around the forum. What exactly do you suggest members to look for when “paying more attention”? If the problem is platform related, then workarounds are probably the best help you’ll get until GI sort it out.

Still, if more members paid attention and offered to help even if they don’t currently need anything themselves, the Windows players can plan ahead and actually get there. At this time they are totally dependent on gifts.
I forgot to mention that an additional problem with getting players to help with your building needs is that the vast majority can’t help. Construction items for most upgradeable buildings (particularly the big 3- Town Hall, Terminal and Tower) are only available to gift if the player sending has the same level building themselves. It was mainly that reason that the trading threads were created.

Pilot_MSC

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Pilot MSC
It has been happening on my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Pro for over two weeks now. As I look ahead at upgrading my terminal, town hall and tower - the needed items are not on my gift list - not sure I can even get them as gifts. I am going to get to a point where I cannot build anything and be stuck. Too bad, I like the game and have enjoyed playing it. Very sad.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
It has been happening on my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Pro for over two weeks now. As I look ahead at upgrading my terminal, town hall and tower - the needed items are not on my gift list - not sure I can even get them as gifts. I am going to get to a point where I cannot build anything and be stuck. Too bad, I like the game and have enjoyed playing it. Very sad.
sometimes you need to be in the exact mission to build the specific buildings to be able to send 1 of the items.

that’s what happened to my 2nd acct, been wanting to upgrade to CT8, but couldn’t send any of the 4 items needed. Can’t send/receive them, can’t watch ads. So I started doing the side missions, guess what, the “build CT8” mission appeared after I finished a couple missions. Just then, I could send 1 of the CT8 items. And since then, I have traded with other people for them.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
I am currently playing two games on Windows, my main game on a desktop (levlel80) and a support game on a laptop (level 66). My support game frequently has at least one ad available but my main game has not had any ads available for over two weeks. I am nearing the time to upgrade my Terminal and Tower but needing 10 of each item and with no ads to work with, I will simply sit and wait until I get bored with the game and quit.
This is the most frustrating part of this issue. Different games have different problem with the ads. My game PLM (level 80) gets about 4 or 5 ads a day total, before button switches to [Unavailable]. My other Windows game PLM2 (Level 60ish) has sat for weeks with only a circle spinning where the ad button should be. Gi support cannot understand, or cannot explain, why the difference in the way that ads are working, or not, between the two games.

I will help anyone that I can.

This is the most frustrating part of this issue. Different games have different problem with the ads. My game PLM (level 80) gets about 4 or 5 ads a day total, before button switches to [Unavailable]. My other Windows game PLM2 (Level 60ish) has sat for weeks with only a circle spinning where the ad button should be. Gi support cannot understand, or cannot explain, why the difference in the way that ads are working, or not, between the two games.

I will help anyone that I can.
I have exactly the same issue, two Windows games on the same wifi connection. One gets several ads each day, the other has had nothing for weeks. I don't think the geographic argument holds much water.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r1jac7z
Username
Pilot 1
I have not been able to watch an ad now for the two weeks or so. I'm windows 10 on a pc. HUGE DISADVANTAGE for us with no ads. I started building terminal 9 and need 8 items of 4 things. I am not in a fuel ring and rely on the 30 neighbors, after 6 months of training, that only send F20 to me to get a return and now I have them. It would be hard to break rank and ask for anything else and expect a return when they don't get a return for their request other than F20. I wait everyday for Madlen to send me 1 new item I need to complete. 32 days to build terminal 9 WITHOUT getting any assistance from anyone else. Normally with ads it would have been 4 or 5 days. It sucks. What is the problem? CERTAINLY NOT SPENDING ANOTHER DIME TILL THEY FIGURE THINGS OUT! New formats that make the game events hard to complete without spending more money...no daily rewards in events, .....blah blah blah

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
I have not been able to watch an ad now for the two weeks or so. I'm windows 10 on a pc. HUGE DISADVANTAGE for us with no ads. I started building terminal 9 and need 8 items of 4 things. I am not in a fuel ring and rely on the 30 neighbors, after 6 months of training, that only send F20 to me to get a return and now I have them. It would be hard to break rank and ask for anything else and expect a return when they don't get a return for their request other than F20. I wait everyday for Madlen to send me 1 new item I need to complete. 32 days to build terminal 9 WITHOUT getting any assistance from anyone else. Normally with ads it would have been 4 or 5 days. It sucks. What is the problem? CERTAINLY NOT SPENDING ANOTHER DIME TILL THEY FIGURE THINGS OUT! New formats that make the game events hard to complete without spending more money...no daily rewards in events, .....blah blah blah
Are you in need of Patrol Drones? I can send you those from PLM. You can send me Floor Washer, Information Signs or F20.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r1jac7z
Username
Pilot 1
Are you in need of Patrol Drones? I can send you those from PLM. You can send me Floor Washer, Information Signs or F20.
I can use both. I haven't sent my gifts yet for the day. I have less than 2 hours. Will send you today Floor washer and info sign for tomorrows gifts. Send Info sign, patrol drone. I only need a couple more floor washers.. Thanks PLM

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r1jac7z
Username
Pilot 1
There is no Floor Washer for me to send. Only the Patrol Drone was the only thing I could send. I think once you get 8 of those, if someone sends you another one, it turns into either a info sign, or one of the other items you still need more of.....at least I hope so, cause I have no info signs, floor washers, or turnstiles to be able to send. Only that patrol drone. Madlen sends me floor washers but I don' have them on my available send list. Just Drones.

There is no Floor Washer for me to send. Only the Patrol Drone was the only thing I could send. I think once you get 8 of those, if someone sends you another one, it turns into either a info sign, or one of the other items you still need more of.....at least I hope so, cause I have no info signs, floor washers, or turnstiles to be able to send. Only that patrol drone. Madlen sends me floor washers but I don' have them on my available send list. Just Drones.
Each player can only send one of the 4 items required. The item will not change. When you upgrade next time, that item will disappear and one item from the next terminal level. This process is the same for Tower and Town Hall.

I can understand the reluctance to break the arrangement you’ve made with other players, but I can only imagine how difficult things will get further down the track. Fuel is high on the list of needs but not at the expense of all other items.

The one thing that may be of interest which is only available to windows users, is the ability to run more than one game on your device. There are a variety of ways to do this, but I would strongly recommend using different User accounts on your PC to do it. Of the many methods I’ve heard about, this one seems to have the least complications.

Top Bottom