Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New User Guide to Gifting

Airport City allows players to send gifts to each other but to do this, you will need to have friends. You can add random players using the game's Add Neighbor feature but you are best to look for neighbors who are forum members so you can communicate with them.

gifts_wide.png

For the record, the two neighbors that always show at the top of your list (Madlen Airborn and Small Village) aren't real neighbors. They are the game's way of sending you free gifts. You can't return them. Although you can visit their cities and tap on their buildings.

Gifts you send do NOT come out of your own inventory of items. Don't worry about sending things you are low on. Gifts are free for you to give.

Most importantly, do NOT send your neighbours what YOU need in hopes of getting them returned.
There are a few reasons for this.
  • Neighbors are more likely to send what you need if you send what they need.
  • If you send me earplugs but I have 100 earplugs already, it's a wasted gift because the warehouse can't hold more than 100. You essentially sent me nothing so most likely, that's what you will get in return ... nothing
  • Sending me gifts I can't use will likely turn that gift into Fuel 3 units. Is that really what you want returned?

Items that can be gifted include:
  • items to complete flights
  • items to complete buildings
  • items to repair planes
  • items for special events
  • items for duty free
You can receive any number of gifts in a day but the number of gifts you can send (from 5 to 30) is based on your Reputation level. Find more about reputation in this thread. https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/red-heart-reputation-levels-and-gifting.27113/

The best way to get the items you need are
  1. Change your game name to what you need (e.g. from player to player-fuel20). You can change this in your game profile.
    IMG_2937.PNG
    IMG_2938.PNG
    IMG_2939.PNG

2. Communicate with people in the forum to let them know what you need (perhaps add it to your forum signature)
  3. Pay attention to 1 and 2 from your friends so you are sending them what THEY need. They are more likely to continue gifting with you that way.
Everybody has a different list of things they can send.
  • Somebody sent me paint (presumably because they need paint) but I don't have paint as a gift to send. The item that comes up for me to return is cockpit glass.
  • Some gifts can't be sent until you reach a certain level (e.g. you won't be able to send earplugs until level 51).

Some recommendations
  • Fuel 20 - this only becomes available to send when you reach level 10. This is one of the most appreciated gifts by just about anybody. But unlike other gifts that go into your warehouse, this fuel is available right away - it goes to your fuel meter. You can't store this in the warehouse for the longer term use.
  • Repair items - these are fairly easy to accumulate by landing guest planes. If you land lots of guest planes, you likely won't need to ask for repair items as gifts.
  • Building items - Do not send items YOU need to upgrade buildings to friends in an attempt to get them returned. They probably don't need it and they may not even be able to send it. For many building upgrades, you will require 4 different construction items (e.g. town hall 3 needs 2 calculators, 2 projectors, 2 staplers and 2 whiteboards). Your friend definitely will not be able to return all 4. If you send a calculator and they can't gift it, you might get back a whiteboard. And if they are working on town hall 7 while you are working on town hall 4, they won't be able to send you any of the items you need. But more importantly, you can tell people what you want by changing your game name. Incidentally, most seasoned players who get a few gifts that YOU need tend to remove you from their friend list.
  • Visit neighbors - Make sure to visit all the neighbors you can every day and tap on 5 things. Besides increasing your reputation level which allows you to send more gifts, you can get extra fuel, coins or collection items.
  • Video ads - You may be able to watch about 10 video ads daily to get some types of the items you need. Use video ads for building items. It's the fastest and most reliable way to get exactly what you need and get your buildings completed quickly.
  • Events items - When you are working on an event, exchange gifts with others that are working on event. Simply change your game name to let people know (e.g. player to player-event).

Last edited:
@Dave can we remove the sticky from the old gifting guide? While interesting, it's horribly outdated and based on bugs in the game that no longer exist. Although it's been fun to read ;)
Holy Moley, Wonder Woman! I just had a look at the old version and it took me awhile to wipe the confusion because it was written by you! First joined in 2012!! Lucky you age well ;). Great job, btw. Are you really still only on 150 stars?

now we need a volunteer to look at the Space Launch guide - the pics in their look like they came from a 486PC 😳🤪.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Holy Moley, Wonder Woman! I just had a look at the old version and it took me awhile to wipe the confusion because it was written by you! First joined in 2012!! Lucky you age well ;). Great job, btw. Are you really still only on 150 stars?

now we need a volunteer to look at the Space Launch guide - the pics in their look like they came from a 486PC 😳🤪.

Haha, true about the Space Launch guide. But in the wiki, it's already updated :p

Nothing wrong with 150+ stars after 8 years! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance

Sadly, I stopped playing for a while and couldn't retrieve my old game. So I am almost back at 150 stars again at less than 90 days of game play.

In any case, it means this is all really fresh in my mind.

Top Bottom