Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New iOS Update v3.0

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I found a MAJOR bug in this update. The Western Europe destination of Zaragoza is not listed in the available flights. I "used" a Zaragoza map from my Warehouse but the Montpelier destination became active. In other words, if you want to fly to Zaragoza to complete the Art of Transmutation collection, you cannot.
UPDATE: Zaragoza is listed in the regular Flights tab once you activate the map.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Here's more on the annoying Facebook integration. When you earn a collection and tap on Collect, the game takes you to the Congratulations window. Previously, you would tap on OK to close the window. Now, if you're not careful, you tap on Share and Continue ... which takes you out of AC and into your Facebook app. Annoying! Just "X" out of the window and your Launch Ready reward will be counted.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Here's more on the annoying Facebook integration. When you earn a collection and tap on Collect, the game takes you to the Congratulations window. Previously, you would tap on OK to close the window. Now, if you're not careful, you tap on Share and Continue ... which takes you out of AC and into your Facebook app. Annoying! Just "X" out of the window and your Launch Ready reward will be counted.
Cheers,
Tom
Nice to know before updating the android version.... I have over 1000 collections to collect I think.....

I do like the flashing sign that denotes when a flight hits the Fuel Catalyst mark. I can then also watch a quick video to move the flight along instead of using a Fuel Cat. Not sure if this is like the android version where you can obtain Fuel 20 for watching a video but only a few times per day - and is random not every day.

Tom....the one thing i noticed was they separated Ancient World flights as a separate category alongside flights and launch activity which already were there. This way you do not need to activate a 6 hour map to an ancient city to see how many flight you have left to achieve a star and it looks as thos individual city maps will be availablt to purchase from the Duke; not the map chest containing a random map... Cool if its true. we have to wait and see
I will post more if i see anything else different. greensmith
Ramy
Yep - also like this but then again we already had this thanks to greensmith Tom's excel spreadsheet! :)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I do like the flashing sign that denotes when a flight hits the Fuel Catalyst mark.

Pakman,
I like it as well. I do think it can be improved for those players who don't sit and stare at the screen every minute of the day. I want to start a Kickstarter campaign to create and sell underpants that are connected to the Airport City-playing device through Bluetooth and give the player a slight electric shock when the flight hits the Fuel Catalyst mark. That way we could go about our daily business without worrying that we'll miss a chance to use a Fuel Catalyst.
Who's with me!?!
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
The one useful Residential Building that I can see is the Apartment House. Even though it cost 870,000 coins, it offers one of the best passenger/space ratios available.
The Multi-Story Building, for example, drops 56 passengers every hour and takes up 3x3 cells. The Apartment House drops 60 passengers every hour but takes up only 2x2 cells.
Right now I have nine Multi-Story buildings which drop 504 passengers every four hours over 81 cells. The Apartment House, if we allowed to buy nine -- which we probably are not -- would drop 540 passengers every four hours over only 36 cells. (Please remember that I am terrible at math so if you can find an error in my figures, do let me know!)
I'm flying to Salzburg right now to get the last star that's available to me at this point in time. When I complete this task I will delete Multi-Story Buildings and add Apartment Houses to find the perfect mix of passengers and space. Will report back.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
I'm flying to Salzburg right now to get the last star that's available to me at this point in time. When I complete this task I will delete Multi-Story Buildings and add Apartment Houses to find the perfect mix of passengers and space. Will report back.
Cheers,
Tom
Tom (greensmith) You don't do red launches for the new maps and the six new buildings in the tab Space? Got two maps to zagreb today. as I don't have the level in Jpjpjp999 to see what planes are needed.... I was hoping you would post this info.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Tom (greensmith) You don't do red launches for the new maps and the six new buildings in the tab Space? Got two maps to zagreb today. as I don't have the level in Jpjpjp999 to see what planes are needed.... I was hoping you would post this info.

flip123,
I hadn't noticed those new collections. The new destinations are Vienna, Glasgow, Beverly Hills, Zagreb and Potsdam.
Just hopped aboard a Lunar Launch by Rsorour. First place earns an Edge of Tomorrow chest containing a random map to those destinations.
Update: Started a new thread for these new collections -- https://www.airportcitygame.com/index.php?threads/new-edge-of-tomorrow-collections.6392/
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
It also appears that you can get "gifts" for watching a video. Randomly clicked on my Baggage Hall and was offered to receive my Computer or Packing Machine for watching a video. After watching the video, I did get the item, but the offer is gone - not sure how often it may happen.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Luke Pilot
Username
Luke Pilot
Also new (or I missed it before) is the grid view button in the bottom right corner. It shows you the breakdown of residential vs. commercial vs. other land on your airport and city. Not super useful, but might be interesting for some people.

Cheers,

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
The one useful Residential Building that I can see is the Apartment House. Even though it cost 870,000 coins, it offers one of the best passenger/space ratios available.
The Multi-Story Building, for example, drops 56 passengers every hour and takes up 3x3 cells. The Apartment House drops 60 passengers every hour but takes up only 2x2 cells.
Right now I have nine Multi-Story buildings which drop 504 passengers every four hours over 81 cells. The Apartment House, if we allowed to buy nine -- which we probably are not -- would drop 540 passengers every four hours over only 36 cells. (Please remember that I am terrible at math so if you can find an error in my figures, do let me know!)
Cheers,
Tom

Tom - the four (4) additional passengers are not as important as the 81 vs 36 cells. Replacing 8 Multi's would cost approx. 7M Gold. Go for it !!! (y) Bill

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
I calculated, for the 1.2m coin building, you have to collect 4.5 years before the building is giving a profit... and that is if you don't mis a second when clicking. They want to build a good relation with customers....

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
billsnj and flip123
Playing hourly the way I do, coins are not a problem. I currently have 29.5 million. The bottlenecks for me, as they are for most players, are passengers and fuel. I can't do much about fuel. I can make sure my residential buildings deliver as many passengers as possible per cell used.
I had planned on selling a few Multi-Story Buildings and buying Apartment Houses after I got my third star for Salzburg ... which I will accomplish this afternoon. The new collection, however, will postpone that effort. I'm flying Lunar Missions with a Quantum Leap currently, taking first place on all of them and getting maps of the new destinations. I will use a map tomorrow to see what kind of plane is required. I'm counting on Giants since that's all I have right now. I can't afford to wait eight days to complete the Apartment Houses and I don't want to spend the eight greenies. So I will wait on replacing residential buildings until I get a better feel for what this new collection quest is all about. The maps to the new destinations are good for 17 hours ... a lot longer than the typical six-hour map.
And yes, flip123, the other new residential buildings are not worth it.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
McAwesome
Username
McAwesome
I got the option to click a button 'free' under the greenies button on a building I was missing items for and watch a video/game trailer and the item was given to me for free. I got this on two different buildings in same city. It was not available on my lowbie (level 15 - only one on HD) game but on the others. Not sure if this was a one off first night opening thing or if it is available once per building or daily or how it works, but it finally allowed me to move past the flight school problem at level 21...

The FB posting is annoying I second that.

Also noticed that it keeps sending Fuel (3) instead of the item you try to send in a lot of cases.

Top Bottom