Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Need advice about my planes

KhrysLo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03zxknxet
Username
KhrysLo
Hi everyone!

I’m trying to rearrange my fleet to more efficiently cope with alliance tasks, events and have a high pax.
Currently I have 2 Air Labs, 2 Owls, 1 Owl S1, 1 Hawk and 1 Raven. At my level technically I can also buy Eagle and Jumbo.
Last week I bought Swift with an intention that my 1st alliance task will be a Swift one as it would be the lowest level plane. However, the task I got was for Owl destination. I’ve read that during It Came from Outer Space event Air Lab was the lowest plane but as far as I understood it was temporary, wasn’t it?
I understand that it’s silly to have so many variations of Owls but I find them the easiest planes for event flights so I guess I’d like to have at least 2 of them.
Anyway, I would be really grateful if you could give me advice about which planes I should get rid of and which to buy.

Thanks in advance☺️

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I would sell the 2 Air Labs if I were you.

You don't really need to buy Eagle or Jumbo if you are not ready with your infrastructures (pax output, flight catering, repair base, fuel, etc). But if you want to raise your pax count, then you def need those Eagle/Jumbo flights to help.

I've been lv.80 for quite some time, my highest plane is still Giant. I can technically buy Falcon, Thunderbird, Condor. But my infrastructures are not ready for those flights also considering the Alliance Destinations since I have to do 1-2 tasks every week.

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
I would get rid of the two air labs and go for two hawks instead - that gives you a Swift as first destination and Hawk as last alliance destination. Of course if your infrastructure can support it (Terminal size etc - I prefer here the "a bit too big" size for the moment, so I can send out all planes without a need for additional pax collection).

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
There are so many variables that will determine what is optimal but from reading your comments the first i would consider is what are you trying to achieve on alliance tasks i.e. are you aiming for 1, 2 or 3. Say for example you are aiming for two taks then currently your highest plane is a raven which can be upto a 6hr 40 min flight - is this something you can manage with one plane without spending all your speed ups on it? I think im higher level but i had 40 raven flights (task 2) to complete this week which i could not do with just one plane.

That feeds into how much non-passive fuel you generate and what want to do with it.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I’m trying to rearrange my fleet to more efficiently cope with alliance tasks, events and have a high pax.
Currently I have 2 Air Labs, 2 Owls, 1 Owl S1, 1 Hawk and 1 Raven. At my level technically I can also buy Eagle and Jumbo.
Last week I bought Swift with an intention that my 1st alliance task will be a Swift one as it would be the lowest level plane. However, the task I got was for Owl destination. I’ve read that during It Came from Outer Space event Air Lab was the lowest plane but as far as I understood it was temporary, wasn’t it?
I understand that it’s silly to have so many variations of Owls but I find them the easiest planes for event flights so I guess I’d like to have at least 2 of them.
Anyway, I would be really grateful if you could give me advice about which planes I should get rid of and which to buy.

Thanks in advance☺

My advice would be to sell the regular Owls and get an additional Raven for the third task as well as another Hawk. One thing that also helps is to build the "Hanger" or upgrade to level 2 as quickly as you can (level 2 gives you an additional free slot). How do the alliance tasks is that I get the first one over with as quickly as I can, then exchange those planes for other planes in your hanger that you have for your task 2 and task 3. The more stands you have, the better. I've been using that same formula for over levels and I'm at level 69.

I consider Swift airplanes as disposable.

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance☺

My recommendation to is keep the whole fleet the same plane and knock out 3 starring all destinations before upgrading the entire fleet up. That means doing regular, excavation, space, alliance, and whatever events come along destinations. Makes doing tasks easy and the stars add up. So far hawks have been the longest and I’m about to upgrade to app ravens... IMHO

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
My recommendation to is keep the whole fleet the same plane and knock out 3 starring all destinations before upgrading the entire fleet up. That means doing regular, excavation, space, alliance, and whatever events come along destinations. Makes doing tasks easy and the stars add up. So far hawks have been the longest and I’m about to upgrade to app ravens... IMHO
I like it, until you become reliant on flight items (catering, blankets etc)

I like it, until you become reliant on flight items (catering, blankets etc)

Yes I know ravens need flight catering so I've built all 6 and am contemplating upgrading them....we'll see how it goes. Obviously it gets slower and harder each upgrade...but so far hawks have taken the longest I believe because they had the most destinations!

i'm not a fan of a one-type-only fleet... to me, it gets boring

Nor am I. But I find having a large number of one type of plane helps you complete an alliance mission faster than with with a small number. For my second task, I currently use 5 Ravens. For the first task, I use 3 Owls For the final task using the highest level planes, I use 2 Giants. The advantage to that is you don't have to do as many fuel speed ups. One advantage completing alliance tasks early is that you could then devote more resources to things like the side missions, events, or a destination ranking.

I understand how the alliance task are determined (low plane, high plane, most planes). Does anyone know what happens when your most could be either or? Im debating having 4 swift and 4 ravens, which will end up being my 3rd task?

In that case, the middle task with be the Ravens. That's actually one reason why I hesitate selling off a raven and buying another Eagle.

i'm not a fan of a one-type-only fleet... to me, it gets boring

It definitely gets boring unless I'm doing speed ups I fuel em up and send em off and forget about them for 4.5 hours. But, I find if your goal is to 3 star destinations it is useful and seems to do it pretty fast. Even running normal sending and receiving back 13 planes at a time are big chunks.... Beginning of the week I snap off tasks for alliance, snap off event if going and needed, then get back to excavation, space, or alliance flights.....I've probably gained 200+ stars in the past year. But, I do see your point. I have been contemplating when to switch to a 2 plane fleet. When I move up to Raven's I will be just above my equilibrium with my city for sending all 13 Ravens at one time (having enough pax and fuel). So it might be that I split the fleet in two and run two types, or perhaps stagger the sending? Not sure really ....

It definitely gets boring unless I'm doing speed ups I fuel em up and send em off and forget about them for 4.5 hours. But, I find if your goal is to 3 star destinations it is useful and seems to do it pretty fast. Even running normal sending and receiving back 13 planes at a time are big chunks.... Beginning of the week I snap off tasks for alliance, snap off event if going and needed, then get back to excavation, space, or alliance flights.....I've probably gained 200+ stars in the past year. But, I do see your point. I have been contemplating when to switch to a 2 plane fleet. When I move up to Raven's I will be just above my equilibrium with my city for sending all 13 Ravens at one time (having enough pax and fuel). So it might be that I split the fleet in two and run two types, or perhaps stagger the sending? Not sure really ....
At some point you have to keep several types of planes. you‘ll want to keep flying jumbos for space destinations and qls for example. And then you get s3 jumbos and you’ll have to think if you really really want to sell those hard earned birds...
falcons and condors go well together also.
and as forTBs... well, in my case I recently got a couple but I intend to use them very seldom. Just a flight here and there. Those stars will be the last ones in my to do list

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance☺

I was solving similar issue and my suggestion until you get to Giants would be to go for 3 owls and 4/5 hawks. This I found as an optimum between alliance tasks and my intention to launch red rocket daily. Later on I switched to 4 hawks (NO), 2 ravens (SO) and 5 Giants (Plesetsk). Everything depends on your preferences and targets.

I was solving similar issue and my suggestion until you get to Giants would be to go for 3 owls and 4/5 hawks. This I found as an optimum between alliance tasks and my intention to launch red rocket daily. Later on I switched to 4 hawks (NO), 2 ravens (SO) and 5 Giants (Plesetsk). Everything depends on your preferences and targets.

In seeing this post I am reminded that the question is intimately related to your level and goals. Being lower level (in things I am pursing not the actual level) it is important to me to obtain stars still working on coins to max out buildings and build upcoming buildings to support larger plane destinations. I can see in the future in order to balance a fleet to obain QL's, weathervanes, and/or whatever is best suited to your goals a different setup.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03cds96a
Username
Stevo
As others have said ,it is entirely down to your own strategy as to which planes and how many are used.
My own strategy has changed numerous times in the three years I have been playing.
Currently I have 3 starred all standard destinations up to and including Eagle aircraft.I have also 1 star for most destinations using Jumbo,Giant,Falcon and Thunderbird.
My target now is completing map flights up to and including Eagle planes.I have completed the Aztec Legacy adventure,now I am 3 Roman Coluseums away from completing the Roman Holiday adventure.My current service fleet is 6 Hawk(2 of which are S1),3 Raven and 3 Eagle(1 of each is S1).
When the Roman holiday is complete I may sell some standard Hawks and replace them with up to 2 more Eagles.Haven't decided yet.
Depending on what the event at the time is,I can change my fleet around,but I will always go back flying to the map destinations when completed.
In storage are 2 Jumbo Rangers and 1 of each Thunderbird,Falcon,Giant and Swift.I also have 2 Owls.
Once I have completed all destinations up to Eagle,including map adventures,I will change my fleet around so I can then complete the other destinations for the larger and more fuel thirsty aircraft.
At some point I will join an Alliance,but at the moment I think I have enough to keep me occupied.
I am sure others will have an opinion on my strategy,but even after 3 years I am still learning the pros and cons of this game as well as its many frustrations.

As others have said ,it is entirely down to your own strategy as to which planes and how many are used.
My own strategy has changed numerous times in the three years I have been playing.
Currently I have 3 starred all standard destinations up to and including Eagle aircraft.I have also 1 star for most destinations using Jumbo,Giant,Falcon and Thunderbird.
My target now is completing map flights up to and including Eagle planes.I have completed the Aztec Legacy adventure,now I am 3 Roman Coluseums away from completing the Roman Holiday adventure.My current service fleet is 6 Hawk(2 of which are S1),3 Raven and 3 Eagle(1 of each is S1).
When the Roman holiday is complete I may sell some standard Hawks and replace them with up to 2 more Eagles.Haven't decided yet.
Depending on what the event at the time is,I can change my fleet around,but I will always go back flying to the map destinations when completed.
In storage are 2 Jumbo Rangers and 1 of each Thunderbird,Falcon,Giant and Swift.I also have 2 Owls.
Once I have completed all destinations up to Eagle,including map adventures,I will change my fleet around so I can then complete the other destinations for the larger and more fuel thirsty aircraft.
At some point I will join an Alliance,but at the moment I think I have enough to keep me occupied.
I am sure others will have an opinion on my strategy,but even after 3 years I am still learning the pros and cons of this game as well as its many frustrations.
just one note on your strategy. when you join an alliance, you'll be able to get some special destinations for weekly tasks. (see https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/alliance_flights/ )
And then you'll be needing some low-level planes again. Perhaps you could consider starting one on your own, not necessarily to weekly competition, but to gain access to those special destinations
Of course there are also the alliance map destinations, but you can always leave those for later.
Fleet management is more critical for alliance (weekly) destinations than for purple maps
In my case, I somewhat regret not having 3-stared those alliance destinations earlier - especially the first group, from owl to jumbo.

Top Bottom