Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Maximising Passenger Collection - my strategies

Not all buildings are created equal!!

Last nightI whiled away a sleepless hour or so trying to evaluate which properties deliver the optimum number of passengers. Of course optimum will be different for each of us as we play the game in different ways and our choices may be limited by Land or Electricity supply. I am a regular player - I play pretty much every hour and dont sleep well so quite a lot in the night as well. Also I keep the game open in a second screen all the time I am at my computer. From the information in the store I measured properties by pax per hour and pax per day - I counted a day as 15 hours to allow for the time I am not keeping an eye on my game.

The three best properties tying for first place are House with Pool, Manor and stone castle - though the last one is available only for game cash
each of these are capable of delivering 36 passengers an hour and in my day (of 15 hours) a whopping 540 per day. These were closely followed by Town House, again another AC purchase which delivers 24 per hour and 360 per day. At the other end of the scale the worst performers from my point of view are Bearing Wall, round house and tower building all of which produced less than 3 pax per hour and 40 or less per day. In general the ones you need to collect from frequently deliver by far the most per hour/day - BUT only of course if you collect regularly. If you had a House with Pool and a round house and played for 30 minutes or less once every two days then the tower building would deliver 63 passengers but the house with pool would deliver only about 36. I doubt though that any of us play as infrequently as this.

Of course you wont be able to fill your city with the most profitable properties but it is worth maxing out on these before buying larger less productive ones. Two of the better ones require Airport Cash but can be very helpful because they require zero population and only 1 or 3 units of electricity - so when your population is full and you dont have the patience to collect for yet another town hall expansion, they provide the answer for filling your land space. I am going to undertake a review of my properties and replace some with more productive units.

For ease of collection I find if you keep the ones that require regular harvesting closer to the airport then you are more likely to notice when they are ready

Of course many of you may want to build your city to look good, be balanced, have a realistic road system and so on (I did at first) but be aware that a "pretty city" may be less efficient. Now I build the absolute miinimum of road spaces enough just to activate buildings (I have lots of small roads to nowhere but it doesnt matter) Also make sure that every property is covered by a park space so that you get a bonus on every collection the 1x1 parks mostly give 5% iincrease in pax but the 4x4 one gives 10% (you can cover up to 12 properties with one 4x4 depending on property size) as you place them or when you click on them the properties they cover are highlighted in green

I hope some of you find this useful and I will publish something similar about cahs generating buildings when I have some time

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
This is a copy of the spreadsheet I used to calulate the passenger effiiency of buildings ( note the calculation of a "day" is 15 hours rather than the full 24)

upload_2016-2-24_11-49-47.png

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I keep 6 of cottage and small wing clustered around single decoration. Even smallest deco has tremendous impact on the small producers, as it rounds up, yielding effective +100% bonus for cottage and +50% for wing.
That's 12 pax every 2 minutes and 18 every 5 from 3×3 plot each
I think that land factor is also important.

+10% park is 3×3, not 4×4. It's only good on corners, as on edge you can place 3 small decos to get +15% total.

BTW, there already is a table similar to yours: http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Store_Residential_Buildings

No doubt those little buildings can have some good output if you stay on them. I used to use them frequently
when I was doing shorter flights. Now I use a "bonus pad" to move certain 2x2 and 3x3 buildings to collecting
140% for 2x2s and 160% for 3x3s. With flights being 8 hours plus at this point I mainly use villas, castles and the
multi story castles to renew passengers. At this point it more than fulfills my needs but that may change also.
Here is a pic of my bonus area got the metro stations when they were an added bonus to buying greenies. Just
bought the cheapest one.......several times obviously. :unsure:

f6937693d6.jpg

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
"bonus pad"
My thought exactly! I was planning to build something very similar. With only store-available bonuses: 4 large parks in 4 corners, and 11 small parks around to give 95% boost. But it would take huge 12×12 plot and then the wedding event hit which took most of my free space and provided me with Carriage Workshops so I don't even have the need for another 4-hour pax producer, like Multi-Story Building.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
I have come to realise, especially when creating another spreadsheet for coin collecting, that there are just too many options and variables to say "xxxx" building is better value than "yyyy"building. I am interested in the way in which the parks work - I was assuming 10% meant 10% but if they round up then it is of course a much bigger ju,mp for smaller units (though there is a limit to how many smaller units you can have) I guess if I am awake in the night I shall be arranging my city yet again!

Though at the moment with 4 jets 1 Tuirbo and 1 Delta my passenger collection rarely needs a top up from store but it seems sensible to aquirrel away a surplus now before i increae my ratio of large planes

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
Rather than publising opinion I am attaching the two spreadsheets that I used - one for passengers and one for coin collecting
They are in .CSV format so should open in any spreasdsheet application - this way you can change the column orders etc to draw your own conclusions as to your besat strategies. They are in a zip file Whilst I am confident these files are totally virus free I would strongly reccomend running a virus scan on ANY files you download from anywhere before opening them in a programme

Attachments

• csv.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 315

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I think all %% boni are first summed up, then the sum applied to the production and then rounded up to nearest 1 passenger.
Too bad you can have only 6 buildings with 1 passenger production.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Yes @gbswales , there are too many variables to say which one is best... You also have to take into account the frequency you play the game. Filling your site with only town houses and cottages and only playing once or twice a day won't give you enough passengers to fill your planes. Also take the duration of the flights into account.
For now, I can play twice a day and fill my all my planes twice. When I start my game again when my planes land. I can fill them again...
Also food for thought! ;)

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
Yes I agre - but the calculations helped me organise my game a litte more efficiently - as a regular player (the game is open most of the day in a second window) the placing of buildings that you need collect regulalry from, close to the airport, means that I spend less time scrolling around to find what needs collecting. At the moment health confines me to the desk most of the day and I wake a lot in the night but hopefully when I am recovered I will sleep longer and spend more time away from the computer at which time I can just re-order the spreadsheet columns to work out a new effective strategy. It was of course primarily a task that suited me and I only shared it because I believe in sharing everything - my signature in the days of DOS used to be "share and enjoy" - something that has stuck with me.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
Not all buildings are created equal!!

Last nightI whiled away a sleepless hour or so trying to evaluate which properties deliver the optimum number of passengers. Of course optimum will be different for each of us as we play the game in different ways and our choices may be limited by Land or Electricity supply. I am a regular player - I play pretty much every hour and dont sleep well so quite a lot in the night as well. Also I keep the game open in a second screen all the time I am at my computer. From the information in the store I measured properties by pax per hour and pax per day - I counted a day as 15 hours to allow for the time I am not keeping an eye on my game.

The three best properties tying for first place are House with Pool, Manor and stone castle - though the last one is available only for game cash
each of these are capable of delivering 36 passengers an hour and in my day (of 15 hours) a whopping 540 per day. These were closely followed by Town House, again another AC purchase which delivers 24 per hour and 360 per day. At the other end of the scale the worst performers from my point of view are Bearing Wall, round house and tower building all of which produced less than 3 pax per hour and 40 or less per day. In general the ones you need to collect from frequently deliver by far the most per hour/day - BUT only of course if you collect regularly. If you had a House with Pool and a round house and played for 30 minutes or less once every two days then the tower building would deliver 63 passengers but the house with pool would deliver only about 36. I doubt though that any of us play as infrequently as this.

Of course you wont be able to fill your city with the most profitable properties but it is worth maxing out on these before buying larger less productive ones. Two of the better ones require Airport Cash but can be very helpful because they require zero population and only 1 or 3 units of electricity - so when your population is full and you dont have the patience to collect for yet another town hall expansion, they provide the answer for filling your land space. I am going to undertake a review of my properties and replace some with more productive units.

For ease of collection I find if you keep the ones that require regular harvesting closer to the airport then you are more likely to notice when they are ready

Of course many of you may want to build your city to look good, be balanced, have a realistic road system and so on (I did at first) but be aware that a "pretty city" may be less efficient. Now I build the absolute miinimum of road spaces enough just to activate buildings (I have lots of small roads to nowhere but it doesnt matter) Also make sure that every property is covered by a park space so that you get a bonus on every collection the 1x1 parks mostly give 5% iincrease in pax but the 4x4 one gives 10% (you can cover up to 12 properties with one 4x4 depending on property size) as you place them or when you click on them the properties they cover are highlighted in green

I hope some of you find this useful and I will publish something similar about cahs generating buildings when I have some time
Thank you so much. I tried to sort through the buildings data on Fandom. It isn't accurate. Maybe it is outdated or for ios or something. Anyway it wasn't helpful for comparing buildings' usefulness.

Thank you so much. I tried to sort through the buildings data on Fandom. It isn't accurate. Maybe it is outdated or for ios or something. Anyway it wasn't helpful for comparing buildings' usefulness.
The Fandom site is very very outdated. Use our very own upto date Wiki here > https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/

Top Bottom