Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Long-Term Goals

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
30V8XU9T0
Username
Pol_DatBoi
Screenshot_20220818-064234.png

So basically, I'm kind of stumped of how people manage to afford the insane prices of things in this stage of the game. For example, I can't really progress in missions or use high tier planes without the Flight Catering Facility, which is, for now, the single most expensive I could start saving for, at 80000 coins.

Using what my city has, (picture) is there a way of generating so many coins in a reasonable amount of time? If there's a better way that involves me editing my city, than recommendations are welcome!

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
You are at level 25 with 32 stars. This is a game for the long haul. Many have been playing since it was launched 10+ years ago.

There is a guides section here to offer some guidance https://www.airportcitygame.com/forums/airport-city-guides.19/.

In there you will find
- primer for newbies https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/a-primer-for-newbies-faq.40702/
- getting friends (strategies) https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/getting-friends.39730/
- starting fast ... gathering coins https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/starting-fast-gathering-coins.30564/
- benefits of landing guest planes https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/benefits-of-landing-guest-planes.32868/
- all about fuel for planes https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/all-about-fuel-for-planes.33542/
- guidance on upgrading fleet https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/wait-before-upgrading-your-fleet.45167/
- Obtaining bonuses through regular game play https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/obtaining-bonuses-through-regular-free-gameplay.39355/
- map runs https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/map-runs.38346/

And many many other topics.

I started in 2012 when the game was new. I quit for a bit and started back again in 2020. With loads of time spent in the game and already knowing the strategies for coins, it took nearly 6 months to get to the point where I had everything upgraded. And when I say loads of time, I mean constant all day. But I also didn't spend a dime on the game - not for land, not for upgrades, nothing.

It is very possible to progress the game for free. But in this game, patience is a virtue.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Sorry, recommendations.

These will depend on how often you open the game to play. If you are in constantly, fill your city with cottages and groceries. If you are in less often, fill your city with buildings that produce in the time you are in it - for example, if you are in hourly, use buildings that produce in an hour. You can also use buildings with a radius bonus to increase coins. Check the starting fast/gathering coins post above

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
I remember those 80000 coins needed for the Flight Catering Facility. You'll get them at some point, as long as you save. Don't be tempted to buy other things during your saving process.

And you may be wondering how people save up for very expensive high-level items such as Condors (1mil coins). As you progress in the game, you will find that you earn money much faster. For you, saving up to 50000 is probably a big achievement. And that's how it was for all of us at some point. But as long as you keep playing the game, it won't be that way for very long.

About your city. You have a lot of unnecessary road space. A good idea for trying to earn more money from commercial buildings is to minimize the amount of road in your city. All those 2x2 buildings you have? Rearrange your city so that those 2x2 buildings share just 1 space of road, instead of having a total of 4. This way you can fit way more buildings into your city, without spending greenies/coins.

And like @Chloe11111 said, if you plan to play the game for many hours a day, use the helicopter collection buildings you have to bonus some commercial buildings. For example, this is how my eateries are laid out:

1660824539021.png

Each of my eateries gets 2 coins every 30 seconds, so all of them combined gets me 24 coins a minute. That's pretty good money. :)

Hope this helps.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Besides the excellent advice and guidance that you have been given, the following link will take you to 40 user guides which cover a broad range of subjects, written to help you with your game. Many of them have been written for beginners.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
30V8XU9T0
Username
Pol_DatBoi
I remember those 80000 coins needed for the Flight Catering Facility. You'll get them at some point, as long as you save. Don't be tempted to buy other things during your saving process.

And you may be wondering how people save up for very expensive high-level items such as Condors (1mil coins). As you progress in the game, you will find that you earn money much faster. For you, saving up to 50000 is probably a big achievement. And that's how it was for all of us at some point. But as long as you keep playing the game, it won't be that way for very long.

About your city. You have a lot of unnecessary road space. A good idea for trying to earn more money from commercial buildings is to minimize the amount of road in your city. All those 2x2 buildings you have? Rearrange your city so that those 2x2 buildings share just 1 space of road, instead of having a total of 4. This way you can fit way more buildings into your city, without spending greenies/coins.

And like @Chloe11111 said, if you plan to play the game for many hours a day, use the helicopter collection buildings you have to bonus some commercial buildings. For example, this is how my eateries are laid out:

View attachment 66806

Each of my eateries gets 2 coins every 30 seconds, so all of them combined gets me 24 coins a minute. That's pretty good money. :)

Hope this helps.
Many thanks! That tip on road space definitely gave me more room to add to my city. However, since I'm looking into all ways of generating coins, I'm curious on whether you consider the space program worth it or not, especially at my level.

Many thanks! That tip on road space definitely gave me more room to add to my city. However, since I'm looking into all ways of generating coins, I'm curious on whether you consider the space program worth it or not, especially at my level.
Its based on how fast you can collect the required collections, Rocket fuel you have and neighbours with active speed ups else it is useless
Once you collect enough collections and rocket fuel, the space launches are completely worth for the 2*3x3 spaces for the buildings
The buildings are cheap and can be recovered in a single rank 1 launch but as time progresses if collections aren't regular or lack of rocket fuel, it becomes a space constraint

Last edited:

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
I 100% think the space program is worth it. I usually spend some or all of my neighbor visits visiting Planetariums, Launch Pad 3s, Mission Control Center 3s, and Training Centers. This will earn you money in several ways:

a) Once you reach Reputation Level 10, you can visit 12 neighbors a day. Say you visit 6 commercial buildings in each neighbor's city. Each action earns you 5 coins, so that would be 30 coins for 12 neighbors = 360 coins a day.

b) You obviously get a lot of money and experience when you complete the space collections, especially Distant Prospects and Lunar Race.

c) Most of all, you get loads of money from space launches even if you don't take 1st place. And 1st place is even better. :)

So if you visit lots of space buildings every day, you should definitely have enough rocket fuel to participate and rank well in launches. And like @Sai said, the buildings needed to take part in launches (Launch Pads and Mission Control Centers) are pretty cheap.

But it's up to you, because it's your city. :)

Most of what is said above is true save the constant tapping of eateries (way too cumbersome for my liking).

My advice: stop everything you had planned and get your space program up and running and in the mean time visit your neighbour's cosmic fuel stations and take all your planes to Cape Canaveral, North and South Observatory (religiously) forget Baikonur for now.

As for the 58 348 coins needed to build the catering facility, just wait and see as it takes care of itself...

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
Most of what is said above is true save the constant tapping of eateries (way too cumbersome for my liking).

My advice: stop everything you had planned and get your space program up and running and in the mean time visit your neighbour's cosmic fuel stations and take all your planes to Cape Canaveral, North and South Observatory (religiously) forget Baikonur for now.

As for the 58 348 coins needed to build the catering facility, just wait and see as it takes care of itself...
About the eateries, I meant for people who play the game for multiple hours a day. But even if you visited your eateries that were bonused like mine say, 20 times a day (which would only take about 10 minutes), you'd still get 240 coins a day which would be a lot more than a lot of expensive 2x2 buildings in the shop.

my 2 cents on the space programs
Get the buildings as soon as possible
(green pad and Mission Control center level 1)
fly as @Teboho said, and do visits as @paula mentioned
for green launches, you should visit your neighbors‘ solid fuel stations, training centers and green pads
build a good neighborhood: forum players, discord players, people you can communicate with and who launch regularly.
do a lot of piggy tailing for a start: low places on green launches cost you basically nothing besides the prep kit and gives you some fuel and coins.

Don't be too eager to finish the task in the game story task bar on the left, but stick to it, and you will unconsciously do something you want to do now.
Don't be too anxious to fly a better and more expensive plane.
If you can successfully join an alliance of pilots who have long-term games and are familiar with this game,
you will make rapid progress, or come here often to discuss some game ideas and strategies with you, and you will make the same progress.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I agree with @LX Air - Teresa - green launches. Maybe even upgrade to blue launches. But leave the red launches until much much later. The buildings for RED launches cost 600,000 coins. You get 20,000 for first place. Even if you got first place in launches every day, it would take 30 full days to recoup the cost of them - not including the land

Top Bottom