Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Level 60 reset again - I am very very angry now

yet again my game has reset to level 60

I am been complained to support for weeks about launch issues, these are all obviously related to the servers not saving data remotely at the servers along with this level reset.

I have gone from level 69 to 60. At first glance I have lost over 2000 silver tokens, 100 gold, many many items and buildings.

Without seeing the coding for the game this seems to be a coding issue with the servers, why else does the game reset to 60 and not go back to zero

I am totally 100% at the end of my patience, this is an absolute BASIC requirement of a game, to be able to save data remotely. I've read all the excuses from those at GI who post on here so can they answer me one simple question - Why is airport city the only game I have this problem with. There is no other game on my iPad or iPhone that has ever done anything like this ever.

Fix this NOW

Ddave1

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3

I am been complained to support for weeks about launch issues, these are all obviously related to the servers not saving data remotely at the servers along with this level reset.

I have gone from level 69 to 60. At first glance I have lost over 2000 silver tokens, 100 gold, many many items and buildings.

Without seeing the coding for the game this seems to be a coding issue with the servers, why else does the game reset to 60 and not go back to zero

I am totally 100% at the end of my patience, this is an absolute BASIC requirement of a game, to be able to save data remotely. I've read all the excuses from those at GI who post on here so can they answer me one simple question - Why is airport city the only game I have this problem with. There is no other game on my iPad or iPhone that has ever done anything like this ever.

Fix this NOW

Ddave1
Sent a ticket to GI, they will fix it (y)
https://www.game-insight.com/en/support/form

The ticket went in immediately - I got the same bland disgraceful answer as we sell get from them and over 30 hours since their answer I am still waiting for the fix.

I have publicly told them exactly what I think of them on their Facebook page, this is a kniwn issue. Utter garbage, why is this the only game I have ever played that has this amount of bugs in it, it is astonishing that they get away with this absolute garbage support system.

Ddave1 - totally and utterly getting to the point of is this worth it anymore.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
The ticket went in immediately - I got the same bland disgraceful answer as we sell get from them and over 30 hours since their answer I am still waiting for the fix.

I have publicly told them exactly what I think of them on their Facebook page, this is a kniwn issue. Utter garbage, why is this the only game I have ever played that has this amount of bugs in it, it is astonishing that they get away with this absolute garbage support system.

Ddave1 - totally and utterly getting to the point of is this worth it anymore.
i'm in the same problem (but i'm looping to same point everytime i start the game). But all my neighbors can see my city prior to reset - so there is a hope that it exist somewhere on the server.
On the other hand still didn't receive any response from GI (since thursday morning) and i have so unresolved issues since my reset in april.
For your city building try ask some neighbour to check your city and maybe do a few screenshots - for tokens I'm doing printscreen every week on monday.

i'm in the same problem (but i'm looping to same point everytime i start the game). But all my neighbors can see my city prior to reset - so there is a hope that it exist somewhere on the server.
On the other hand still didn't receive any response from GI (since thursday morning) and i have so unresolved issues since my reset in april.
For your city building try ask some neighbour to check your city and maybe do a few screenshots - for tokens I'm doing printscreen every week on monday.
Sorry to hear you are also having this problem..

There as a post on this forum just one week ago by a member of the development team going on about the 5 years and whet they have but they did say the biggest problem is getting the game to save. So my simple question is WHY? It's an absolute basic requirement for a game to save remotely. This is either down to a very poor save logic or poor programming. Every other game I play does not have this problem. I have noticed in the last two weeks that many more are posting on the Facebook page about this issue.

They should hang their heads in shame at this. We all know it has only happened since the last big update when they changed the programming structure and other issues to take the game forward, guess what guys at GI - IT DIDNT WORK.

@Kesh keep at them - don't let them forget - we are customers of Gi and as such we deserve much much better than this garbage support

I have just received a message after almost 40 hours saying my issue has now been escalated to the development team. Keep at them @Kesh , keep complaining and never give up

And if the GI staff who read this don't like what I'm saying - Tough. You have no idea about customer support - to repeatt the same bland response on every support ticket is laughable. You are a joke. Guess what we as customers can do - we can walk away and then the multimillion dollar business that is GI with its hundreds of staff will be in big trouble. The world is full of exciting games of all genres that we can move onto.

Good luck @Kesh

Dave1

Last edited:

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Sorry to hear you are also having this problem..

There as a post on this forum just one week ago by a member of the development team going on about the 5 years and whet they have but they did say the biggest problem is getting the game to save. So my simple question is WHY? It's an absolute basic requirement for a game to save remotely. This is either down to a very poor save logic or poor programming. Every other game I play does not have this problem. I have noticed in the last two weeks that many more are posting on the Facebook page about this issue.

They should hang their heads in shame at this. We all know it has only happened since the last big update when they changed the programming structure and other issues to take the game forward, guess what guys at GI - IT DIDNT WORK.

@Kesh keep at them - don't let them forget - we are customers of Gi and as such we deserve much much better than this garbage support

I have just received a message after almost 40 hours saying my issue has now been escalated to the development team. Keep at them @Kesh , keep complaining and never give up

And if the GI staff who read this don't like what I'm saying - Tough. You have no idea about customer support - to repeatt the same bland response on every support ticket is laughable. You are a joke. Guess what we as customers can do - we can walk away and then the multimillion dollar business that is GI with its hundreds of staff will be in big trouble. The world is full of exciting games of all genres that we can move onto.

Good luck @Kesh

Dave1
Merging platforms and (i assume) moving to joined server caused a lot of problem to developers. From what i noticed regarding win phone platform (my) all older accounts have issues - newer ones are ok. I think same is with other -also "old" player started on old game versions and i think that those who played the oldest game versions now have most problems.

Merging platforms and (i assume) moving to joined server caused a lot of problem to developers. From what i noticed regarding win phone platform (my) all older accounts have issues - newer ones are ok. I think same is with other -also "old" player started on old game versions and i think that those who played the oldest game versions now have most problems.
As professional developers they should have foreseen any problems like this by doing an assessment and simulations and of course lots of testing. No one will ever convince me they tested this garbage

Ddave1

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
As professional developers they should have foreseen any problems like this by doing an assessment and simulations and of course lots of testing. No one will ever convince me they tested this garbage

Ddave1
they did - but as a small dev team - we all have to be aware that there are games much more popular and profitable for them.
I play only this one but tried few others.
And you can never foreseen all problems - who knows how many issues was resolved prior to update release - windows switched immediately to latest versions (android and ios had some buggy versions between - that shows that they are working on something).
Also they planned some updates in events - but looks like that is postponed until some mayor issues are resolved.

they did - but as a small dev team - we all have to be aware that there are games much more popular and profitable for them.
I play only this one but tried few others.
And you can never foreseen all problems - who knows how many issues was resolved prior to update release - windows switched immediately to latest versions (android and ios had some buggy versions between - that shows that they are working on something).
Also they planned some updates in events - but looks like that is postponed until some mayor issues are resolved.
As someone who deals with both customers and software releases - I know that you cannot cover every possible problem but that's what they get paid for. Professionals should have the experience and know how to simulate and test future releases. There is really no excuse and people should stop defending this lot, it's shockingly bad practice. What you have to realise is that there are people out there who pay actual cash to GI for a service and this service is rubbish.

Ddave1

Fix this NOW

Ddave1

here is what they had me do, it fixed my gamerader(windows version)you can have them reference my ticket #

Аlisa Mironova Monday at 08:45
Dear player,

It looks like the most suitable solution in your case is to reinstall the game on your device. Don't worry, we'll restore your progress right away.

This guide walks you through the required steps:
1) Write down your friend code.
To see your friend code tap Sociality (the button with 3 people in the bottom menu) → press another button with 3 people → choose the Add Friend tab.
2) Delete the game from your device.
To delete the game please follow the instructions: Go to Settings -> choose Applications -> Manage applications and choose the required application. You will see some options available. Press the Uninstall button to delete the game.
3) Install the game from Windows Store.
4) Complete the tutorial.
5) Send me your new friend code

This information will help me to assist you further! Thank you for playing our game!

Sincerely,
Alisa
Game Insight Support Team

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
here is what they had me do, it fixed my gamerader(windows version)you can have them reference my ticket #

Аlisa Mironova Monday at 08:45
Dear player,

It looks like the most suitable solution in your case is to reinstall the game on your device. Don't worry, we'll restore your progress right away.

This guide walks you through the required steps:
1) Write down your friend code.
To see your friend code tap Sociality (the button with 3 people in the bottom menu) → press another button with 3 people → choose the Add Friend tab.
2) Delete the game from your device.
To delete the game please follow the instructions: Go to Settings -> choose Applications -> Manage applications and choose the required application. You will see some options available. Press the Uninstall button to delete the game.
3) Install the game from Windows Store.
4) Complete the tutorial.
5) Send me your new friend code

This information will help me to assist you further! Thank you for playing our game!

Sincerely,
Alisa
Game Insight Support Team
i know but i have to wait for them to send me instructions.

Oh I thought maybe they just did not like me :ROFLMAO: both my games crashed again today it is a daily thing (have them back with system restore ) but I know they are going to crash again
They will crash again because they do not know how to fix the problem. It's my guess that something in the software is corrupting the game locally on a device as the game as it was does get saved on GIs servers.

The good news for me is that my save file was sent to my game today and I am back to level 69 with all my items back. The one thing that seriously annoys me is not the bug in the software - it's the pathetic reply we get from support. I knew what the problem was - I clearly told them the game had reset to level 60 and that my game was stored on their server but I stI'll got the same reply "hello I'm here to help what is the problem" . I would guess that they may be on a timstructure so they have a limited time to answer calls where the game is down but then once its answered with the same bland crap the call is open and they take their time.

@Kesh - keep complaining and I wish you luck

@david smith - I think that reset is for Windows versions only but thank you anyway.

@diwata - yes GI are a good profitable company who have good figures which makes their poor support service even more annoying.

Remember - we are customers, they need to listen to us, if something is majorly wrong then make sure they know and keep pestering them by constantly updating the open call. As well as getting your problem answered this can also help them out - give them as much info as possible. And if you think the response is poor do not hesitate to say so.

Of course they could easily stop all these problems by just fixing the game :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ddave1

Cath

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
cath
Is Anton no good? Because I got him. for windows problem since August 30 no real game played.
Hi Yenta I personally think he is utter rubbish,you keep getting asked same question and he never seems to respond to your messages for a least 4-5 days (asking the same questions yet again)
To me he just sends out the automated reply no matter what your issue is ;)

Top Bottom