Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Last words

This forum is followed by G! and their spies,
It is a positive thing that GI follow this forum - they get first hand what needs fixing and what is good. I do not see them as spies. Without them there would be no game.
I play this game because I enjoy it - the thrill of advancing and looking back how far you've come, the community supporting each other and teaching each other - it is the greatest resource.

Cheating ruins all this and it is the cheaters that hate GI, the rest of us want to get on with enjoying our game.

Can all cheaters go away and let us do this?

Liam Dobczinski

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m94l4v
Username
THE_BEST_QL
I see many newbies here, they didnt know the whole game. So much player got free S3 planes from nighbour visits. They visit Nighbours over and over again and got so much. Some sell them and got much millions. I fly so hard for 45 s3 Planes, and player got them for free. Most here using launching bug/fast tapping... all player should be banned... . You see, just Bug using... so where is the problem, why just the restarter got banned?

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I see many newbies here, they didnt know the whole game. So much player got free S3 planes from nighbour visits. They visit Nighbours over and over again and got so much. Some sell them and got much millions. I fly so hard for 45 s3 Planes, and player got them for free. Most here using launching bug/fast tapping... all player should be banned... . You see, just Bug using... so where is the problem, why just the restarter got banned?

No, Liam I've been playing for well over two years (that may mean 'newbie' to you) and I did not get given any S type planes - I like to play the game because it's a challenge and I also agree with what @Chazzy999 said in regards to that. I don't know and don't want to know about whatever these bugs are that you state. If we were all doing what the cheater's were/have been doing there would be no game, no enjoyment and no sense of accomplishment. I am however sad that some long term players have been banned and I can see why you are upset but Ivan has been saying for a while now on this forum that this was coming, it wasn't just a idle threat he was right and people should have then took notice and stopped. I for one and I speak for many am very pleased this has finally happened, it's took a long time but they are doing as promised. Thanks :)

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/down-the-rabbit-hole.18077/page-13#post-272759[/QUOTE]

Merryflyer,

I will not look for proof of my words. OK, you know better here. Enjoy it.
You probably know that each game has failures, sometimes these are the facilities introduced by the programmers themselves.
What is a cheating is the cloning of the game, decoding the game.
The rest is the ability to play, gained by years, sometimes it is a coincidence that we discover a useful tip or trick.

A new player and on such G! depends will be bought every few days, not even waiting for the promotion of green and coins. I did it myself 5 years ago, but do not let me forget about the knowledge about the game I have acquired over the years.

I'm not a cheater - I did not clone the game, I did not decode it, I bought green and buildings for real money.
I've earned these 1274 stars with hard work - playing for about a dozen hours a day and please respect it.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
038sf1s9
Username
Lindy
I personally did not get banned, but many of my friends did. They are good people, always willing to help and share their experience.

Changing game data using third-party software and scripts to gain advantage is definitely cheating. But if GI’s lousy developers and programmers have made the game code in a way that restarting my device will give me an advantage then that is their problem not mine, it is my device and I can restart it whenever I want for as often as I want. You should fix your game bugs instead of illegally penalizing users for practicing their right of having control on their devices. It is your code, your bug, your problem, so don’t blame people and what they do with their own devices, blame your lousy programmers. If I know about the reset bug, then it is my absolute right to use it or not, your job is to fix it.

If in the future, and due to your continuous lousy programming, a new bug is found, by which users will gain access if they answer an incoming call while their game is open, you will ban anyone who does that?

Do your job properly instead of bringing all your frustrations on players who might have been playing Airport City before you even join GI.

And to all you haters out there, this could happen to you someday.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ygn6mm
Username
Jostein
First of all I have to say that it’s great that GI is focusing on anti-cheat measures.

To draw the line and decide who’s getting banned is a difficult job for GI. What’s important is to not ban people for minor “one time” violations and passive use of bugs.

As A Merryflyer said: “What GI has done is identify people who have routinely, extensively and deliberately exploited a bug for the sole purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in the game to the detriment of other legitimate players.”

I see that some of the arguments here is that everyone else is cheating and I have not been caught before and want to continue myself. Just because you was not caught speeding yesterday, it don’t automatically makes it legal to cross the speed limit today.

And when some people have used 2000 euro on their game they either have too much money or need some help…

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hi,

If I find a bug - when I'm using a combination of some bonuses it gives me additional profit (for example makes flights much shorter), am I automatically become a cheater?
If I have 10 event buildings, am I automatically a cheater?
If G! sent to me 2000 greens and 3 coins (It happened 3 years ago) instead 3 greens and 2000 coins, or
sent 30 times a prize for first place on the weekly ranking? (It happened few weeks ago), am I automatically become a cheater?

G! is changing the rules for this game every single update and make this game harder, almost "unplayable".
Is it fair?
Now we notice that G! make game online only. I we are not connected to servers we can't participate the event.
Is it fair?

First of all, you shouldn't using an excuse to kill the longest playing/the best players.
Second you should give a prize for players for finding "good" bugs (good for players) and reporting to you. Some of banned players could be a perfect beta-testers for Airport City. They knows game better than G! staff.

I’m playing this game more than 5 years now. I have spend on AC more than 2000 Euros. It costed me also 5 years of my life.
I hate G! treats players like thieves and bandits. I said on this forum few years ago: "The biggest cheater is G!"
I can replay the same today.

It’s only game and I can live without it. It can be hard on the beginning because I'm addicted to AC. I need only 9 stars to get absolutely max. But I don’t want them anymore.

We know we will not win with G!
But if you are not going to announce amnesty (like you did few years ago) most of the top players which are buying greens for real money will automatically stop playing. I will stop. I'm sure.

Hey,
first of all let me note for everyone else here: DarekK's game is not blocked, as well as most of the other high level long time players. That's because we've checked many alliances, and there're only a few people who abuse exploits massively. We don't believe in collective responsibility, that's why the alliances that had those players aren't banned or disbanded, and everyone there who's left who plays fair has a chance to keep playing in the same alliance.

But there's no such thing as an indulgence: I played for five years or paid some money, and they will not dare ban me for cheating.
I've spent amost 7 years of my life developing this game for 40-60 hours a week (and many members of our team spent several years each, as well), and this argument isn't really an argument for me.
We will dare ban anyone who cheats. It's not a one time deal, we'll continue to check that competition is fair.

We're not changing rules every single update. Yes, a year ago the inventory limit was introduced — well, it's there from the start in most other games, and it's no big deal for the majority of players. It might not be the best decision from a high level player view, but it's one of those things that keeps the game running for everyone: the developers, and the community. We have to make compromises.

Some of the changes, like difficulty of the recent special events or the weekly alliance mission, actually made the game easier.
The game is a lot harder to cheat now, that's true, that's why event ratings are online only. The cheating players made us do it to provide a fun and fair experience to all the fair players.

And we don't punish the players for our own mistakes or bugs, however grave they are. Those who got S3 planes for free because they visited a neighbor while there was a neighbor bug a few months ago weren't banned, for example. When the greens and coins code was bugged, we didn't ban those who used it, although we've tried to fix it, of course.

However, gaining millions of passengers in the ratings using exploits without actually sending a single flight out —that's not 'beta-testing', that's a spit in the face of both developers and the community.

We treat our players with respect, and we treat those who use exploits as thieves and bandits, that's right.
If those who cheat will stop paying us — I'll be happy to see them go. If they learn the lesson and start over from scratch without using exploits — Airport City will be always open for them.

Last edited:

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
this is really sad what i read here. why is this hate ongoing?? we should stay behind the players where got banned. in the end its a game and a game should make fun. i know alot of peoples where playing this game since years and through the last year they became really friends for me. now they got banned on this game for using bugs? come on guys.. people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.. really. im not banned from the game but i did using the fast tapping trick on the launches. some guys also helped me alot on my launches.. should i say now after all the help i got thankfully that you are banned?? there are a few guys in here writing this shit and they really sitting in a glass house and throw stones. a few guys got S3 planes on visiting neighbours and write now in here its good that they get banned? you guys also used bugs and you didnt get banned for that!! you guys also used the fast tapping trick and you didnt get banned!!

it is just sad that we are not helping each other against GI. really this posts are making me sick..

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I personally did not get banned, but many of my friends did. They are good people, always willing to help and share their experience.

Changing game data using third-party software and scripts to gain advantage is definitely cheating. But if GI’s lousy developers and programmers have made the game code in a way that restarting my device will give me an advantage then that is their problem not mine, it is my device and I can restart it whenever I want for as often as I want. You should fix your game bugs instead of illegally penalizing users for practicing their right of having control on their devices. It is your code, your bug, your problem, so don’t blame people and what they do with their own devices, blame your lousy programmers. If I know about the reset bug, then it is my absolute right to use it or not, your job is to fix it.

If in the future, and due to your continuous lousy programming, a new bug is found, by which users will gain access if they answer an incoming call while their game is open, you will ban anyone who does that?

Do your job properly instead of bringing all your frustrations on players who might have been playing Airport City before you even join GI.

And to all you haters out there, this could happen to you someday.

I've been to the grocery store yesterday, and the bananas were so easy to steal without anyone noticing, I had to do that. Once they were in my bag, I had an advantage and it was store owner's problem not mine. It is my bag, and I can put as many bananas into it for free whenever I want for as often as I want. Owner should fix his security cameras or hire the security guys to check everyone's bags upon exiting — he shouldn't blame people like me. If I know how to steal bananas without being caught, then it is my absolute right to steal them.

I'm sorry, that's how it sounds to me.
Good luck.

Liam Dobczinski

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m94l4v
Username
THE_BEST_QL
I've been to the grocery store yesterday, and the bananas were so easy to steal without anyone noticing, I had to do that. Once they were in my bag, I had an advantage and it was store owner's problem not mine. It is my bag, and I can put as many bananas into it for free whenever I want for as often as I want. Owner should fix his security cameras or hire the security guys to check everyone's bags upon exiting — he shouldn't blame people like me. If I know how to steal bananas without being caught, then it is my absolute right to steal them.

Good luck.
Any news about YDL and Mitlain ?

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
usernameaaa
Username
stupidthingsgo

Good luck.

In that town there are much more thieves trying to steal the bananas but the incompetent police couldn't catch all of them. So they just decided to catch only they can. This will be okay. I did my best. People shouldn't blame me. The town is now safe from thieves

I'm sorry, that's how it sounds to me.^^

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Could you direct me, please, to a source of help......….

:)

(Just trying to lighten things up a little).
P
Just for you Pete...
The first step is to determine if there is a problem. A Certified Addictions Counselor trained in identification and treatment video-game addiction can effectively perform an assessment to determine what level of care is most appropriate. For a free confidential assessment, call the Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery at (800) 522-3784. An assessment can be completed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are always welcome.

I'm not giving personal reports here on anyone. Obviously, top players like them are being closely watched. The desire of banned players to bring their rage upon everyone else is understandable, but we have numbers and logs to navigate us safely through this.

Ivan - I think the reason people always mention them is that a couple of people have proven that their flight numbers just aren’t possible, yet see nothing done time in and time out regarding them. I don’t remember where the analysis is in this thread but it was shared with the Supprt team but a canned answer was received.

I don’t think anyone is specifically trying to single anyone out but they are the most visible cases. I haven’t done the math but 2.8 million pax in 36 hours after the reset looks awfully fishy to a general observer

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
So, to clarify:
a) some people are complaining of being punished for cheating?
b) some people can't grasp the concept between cheating, and not being penalised for game mechanics in a previous iteration of the game?
c) some people are complaining that those in a) have been punished, whilst simultaneously admitting to cheating themselves but not feeling lucky that they've not themselves been punished?
d) some people are blaming the devs for finding the cheats and punishing them?

Cheerfully cheat-free and use-of-good-bug-free here, so sympathy levels aren't high. Go and find another game's users to cheat if you have to do it.

Here's my 3 cents:

'Tis good that G! is sweeping it's house clean. My worry is that we will still see the same shady accounts leading the weekly rankings and there is this one account that just surpasses everyone everywhere on the world map and yes it will still be there doing the same thing as it did last week. However, this one account gets overlooked it could be the G!'s checks and balances haven't rung yet but if one (from) G! can take a good calculator and do the maths surely something can be done but the will is not there.

As for who I should hate: I have my ups and downs with G! and now recently my level 49 support account got reset after an advice from the automated email and yes I'm still trying to get it back - my point here is that every time we report something immediately G! takes a stand, and a defensive one at that if you pursue the issue even further they blame you and just the other day I was found to be at fault for buying a bonus square 2 minutes before expiry time this still hurts because they actually accepted that it was a fault on their side and what happened after was me being sent from pole to pillar. Was it fair? Absolutely not! But if players were deliberate, then I shed no tear (with a whole bag of salt) but given the street corner tactics that G! is famous for I doubt that checks were even balanced in the first place.

As for who I should love: I'd love for G! for once be good to the players because everytime when we log a fault we are doing it for the good of the gam, remove the 100 item limit, give my bonus square which I bought with my hard earned cash, award me my launch rewards which were not rewarded and as a thank you give all the players 500 greens.

Top Bottom