Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Is a gift of Fuel 3 or Pax 5 supposed to have some kind of meaning, maybe a joke, or...

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
...just some adolescent form of passive aggressive feedback to suggest you aren't gifting to their satisfaction? Have 2 or 3 neighbors who have done this multiple times in the last 8-10 days (after never doing so before). I have about 12-15 regular trading partners, and then I try to spread the wealth as evenly as possible to the others. I even keep a spreadsheet to track gifts to make sure I'm not short-changing those who gift to me.

Just wondering if I'm missing some form of semi-secret communication when others gift F3 when they can gift F20 (all of these are Level 50 or higher players).

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
...just some adolescent form of passive aggressive feedback to suggest you aren't gifting to their satisfaction? Have 2 or 3 neighbors who have done this multiple times in the last 8-10 days (after never doing so before). I have about 12-15 regular trading partners, and then I try to spread the wealth as evenly as possible to the others. I even keep a spreadsheet to track gifts to make sure I'm not short-changing those who gift to me.

Just wondering if I'm missing some form of semi-secret communication when others gift F3 when they can gift F20 (all of these are Level 50 or higher players).
If someone has sent you something you cannot accept, it will come through as F3.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Not always true. You can be levels above them and this will happen. It's just a weird thing players do.
The items I believe @Barkmi4 (Mike) was referring to are building items for the TH, CT, Term, etc. If someone tries to send you an item for a level 5 TH and you are working on a level 8 TH, you do not need it, so it comes through as an F3. It is not your level that is the issue, but the level of the buildings that you are working on.

EDIT: This is one reason why it is not good to send building items hoping to get the same thing back.

Last edited:

Aviator TD

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Pilot TD
The items I believe @Barkmi4 (Mike) was referring to are building items for the TH, CT, Term, etc. If someone tries to send you an item for a level 5 TH and you are working on a level 8 TH, you do not need it, so it comes through as an F3. It is not your level that is the issue, but the level of the buildings that you are working on.

EDIT: This is one reason why it is not good to send building items hoping to get the same thing back.
Ah I did not realise this. Just to check: if I am level 7 not yet building level 8, can I only recieve level 7 items or level 8 items aswell? Does this change when I am level 7 but have recently bought level 8 which is currently being built?

Ah I did not realise this. Just to check: if I am level 7 not yet building level 8, can I only recieve level 7 items or level 8 items aswell? Does this change when I am level 7 but have recently bought level 8 which is currently being built?

With all buildings you can upgrade, your gift list will contain an item for the next upgrade. You can receive all items from your neighbours for this upgrade.
Once you have completed the building your gift list will change to contain an item for the next upgrade.

If your neighbours send an item for a lower or higher level it will come through as F3

There are some exceptions but I would not bother about those.

Regards
Harcourt

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
Appreciate the responses. I'm sure PLMerry's response is very likely the best explanation. In my player name, I have Strobe and Spare Prop listed, so I doubt it's either of those. Today's gifts still have me scratching my head though. So far today, I have received eleven F3 fuels, and five F20. What's strange is several of the F3's are coming from neighbors who have consistently sent F20 in the past, and have rarely sent items other than fuel (i.e. building upgrade items).

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Appreciate the responses. I'm sure PLMerry's response is very likely the best explanation. In my player name, I have Strobe and Spare Prop listed, so I doubt it's either of those. Today's gifts still have me scratching my head though. So far today, I have received eleven F3 fuels, and five F20. What's strange is several of the F3's are coming from neighbors who have consistently sent F20 in the past, and have rarely sent items other than fuel (i.e. building upgrade items).
Do you have updated your game? Those F3 could very likely be event items you can only recieve when you are on the latest version and have the event running

If u received those latest F3’s before you upgraded they will be event items.

From my supports I sent event items as soon as I updated them but if they went to a game which had not updated they came through as F3 and didn’t change once updated

Im sure in the past you could send event items to someone before they updated and it would change into the event item, I think there has been a change in the past 18

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04qmf0ng9
Username
Heathrow
I find the F3 and 5pax thing hilarious myself. It's always the same players. At one point, I thought I would try educating them by sending them F20 or 10pax for their lower amounts - but they still did the same. So, I am assuming it is laziness. Think about it... If you go into the gift list window and not the list of received gifts, the item near the top of the gift list is F3, the they just tick all the first 10 to 20 neighbours. That's probably why they didn't even notice that I had sent a higher amount.

My take on it is: Thanks for your gift, Mr Too Busy to be Bothered. It's accepted, but, I will gift someone else that does take the time to send a decent gift. Then I laugh at them all alone in my study, Mwah ha ha (losers).

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
If u received those latest F3’s before you upgraded they will be event items.

From my supports I sent event items as soon as I updated them but if they went to a game which had not updated they came through as F3 and didn’t change once updated

Im sure in the past you could send event items to someone before they updated and it would change into the event item, I think there has been a change in the past 18

Is there a new event going on now? Just finished the space event, but haven't seen a new update show up. I usually don't have to "pull" the update. Whenever there's an update, it usually just auto-downloads whenever I log into the game.

I find the F3 and 5pax thing hilarious myself. It's always the same players. At one point, I thought I would try educating them by sending them F20 or 10pax for their lower amounts - but they still did the same. So, I am assuming it is laziness. Think about it... If you go into the gift list window and not the list of received gifts, the item near the top of the gift list is F3, the they just tick all the first 10 to 20 neighbours. That's probably why they didn't even notice that I had sent a higher amount.

My take on it is: Thanks for your gift, Mr Too Busy to be Bothered. It's accepted, but, I will gift someone else that does take the time to send a decent gift. Then I laugh at them all alone in my study, Mwah ha ha (losers).
Maybe they don't yet realize that being a gift it doesn't come out of their supply?

Top Bottom