Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Inflation

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
I am getting the impression that airport city suffers from rampant inflation. As you go through the game (I am level 30 now) prices rise extortionately but your ability to earn coins does not rise at anything approaching the new costs. I guess their theory is that the more you have invested (who has not occasionally bought cash?) the less likely you are to abandon the game. Even those who do may well start over again when the bad memories have faded (this is what I did)
I always maximise on buildings that earn coins but find now that to progress I will need to fly larger planes leaving me with a shopping list for level 5
Terminal l5 80,000
Control Tower L5 200,000 ( had to count the zeros on that to make sure I wasnt dreaming!)
Repair Base L4 20,000
Hanger L4 x 2 16,000
Delta Planes x 2 40,000
Town Hall L6 180,000 ( I need this already as I struggle to fill planes in time to keep them all flying)

That all adds up to a whopping 536,000 coins
My current coin level is 59,993 so only another 476,007 to go!!!
That is before any other things I need to spend coins on and the numerous things that need to be collected for each building - I am estimating several months of playing every day at least 5 times a day! I can see the credit card taking another bashing in the next x3 sale!!

Top levels are 1.5 million each, as I said in another post you need to upgrade mission control to level 3 and get red space launches going with others on the forum. Plenty of money coming in then, I regularly take hundreds of thousands a day without paying real money. Also red launches will eventually allow you to buy buildings that produce green money. Collecting from my special buildings (from map destinations) alone gives me around 70k a day from completed collections. Patience is needed and once you head in the right direction things start to pick up pace and get a lot easier.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I think we need a guide on how to make coins. A real guide, not just list of buildings.

@gbswales Don't ever buy coins with real cash, they are absurdly expensive. For the price of 90 cash (that buys you 9 land expansions) you get almost 50k coins (that's price of just 4th expansion, but 10th expansion costs... 800k).
BTW, how often do you play? I have 5 smart houses and that pretty much alone gives more pax than I need.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
I think we need a guide on how to make coins. A real guide, not just list of buildings.

@gbswales Don't ever buy coins with real cash, they are absurdly expensive. For the price of 90 cash (that buys you 9 land expansions) you get almost 50k coins (that's price of just 4th expansion, but 10th expansion costs... 800k).
BTW, how often do you play? I have 5 smart houses and that pretty much alone gives more pax than I need.

I am retired, and currently housebound, so around my computer most days - I guess I go into the game about every 2-3 hours - I also sleep badly so will probably access a couple of times n the night. I have 6 planes 2 turbo prop, 3 Jets and 1 Delta and my aim is to turn them around immediately never waiting for repairs as I have accumulated many spare parts. In the morning it can take me up to an hour to accumulate enough fuel and Pax to launch them all. The Delta alone consumes most of my terminal passengers in one hit (hence needing a bigger terminal). I try not to use reserve pax as I am sure I am going to need many more later on. I only have one smart house at the moment but a second is one collection away.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs

I am retired, and currently housebound, so around my computer most days - I guess I go into the game about every 2-3 hours - I also sleep badly so will probably access a couple of times n the night. I have 6 planes 2 turbo prop, 3 Jets and 1 Delta and my aim is to turn them around immediately never waiting for repairs as I have accumulated many spare parts. In the morning it can take me up to an hour to accumulate enough fuel and Pax to launch them all. The Delta alone consumes most of my terminal passengers in one hit (hence needing a bigger terminal). I try not to use reserve pax as I am sure I am going to need many more later on. I only have one smart house at the moment but a second is one collection away.

I hear what you say, and have noticed myself, about the poor value of coins but the cost of buildings makes it almost unavoidable unless you are prepared to wait a month to get one building!

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
As @M22 says space flights are a good source of income, especially if you get on a QL launch, or at least do a space launch every 2 days. Also visiting your neighbours every day and clicking on buildings like planetariums help with space launches and completing collections like the Big Brother collection makes you a good source of income. I visit all 10 neighbours I can, usually complete 10-15 collections so depending on collection (Usually Big Brother, Lunar Race, Distant Prospects and Dark side of the Moon) that can generate me around 10K a day alone.

If you play every hour then buildings like 6x bowlings alleys, 6x post offices (current event building) and 6xhotels (need items to complete) make good money @ 57coins each per hour, so 1026 per hour. For constant playing/checking add in 6x car dealership 36per 20mins = 648ph, 6xgrocery store 6per 10mins = 216ph, 6x Flower shop 11per 15mins = 364ph and 6xcoffee bar 12per 20mins = 216ph. It's a slow process but the game is made to be a long term thing, I am currently building Town Hall Level 9 (think it was 1.35m coins) and I have had this game going (albeit with a crash and accelerated restart from compensation from GI) since Oct-Nov 14. Guys like m22 have been playing for a good 2+ years (I'm guessing).

Especially at an early stage, look to the forum for any space launches you can jump in on to get the odd extra bit of revenue until you are sure you can go solo (even that I would rather have neighbours take a bit of the burden).

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Oh and for the record (since you mentioned planes types) I currently have 11 planes, 3 turbo-props, 5 Jets, 2 Deltas and a Power Delta. And unfortunately as you progress a month is a short time to save, it will take patience but when you get there it's far more rewarding than being able to build a new level every week or so.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Facebook
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20ye0rq2
Username
Aquahulk
i am level 16, and only have 2 expansions, working to get my third, but it is difficult as the expansion is either 10 cash or 30k coins. With what i need to spend in coins, it looks like I may have to use my in game cash. How much more expensive do the expansions get?

i am level 16, and only have 2 expansions, working to get my third, but it is difficult as the expansion is either 10 cash or 30k coins. With what i need to spend in coins, it looks like I may have to use my in game cash. How much more expensive do the expansions get?
A lot, 140 green for me now I think, use coins first

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I think it is too early for using greenies for expansion. Find people with 5 planetariums and visit them daily - collection from those visits can get you 30k in 2-3 days.

Eren

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Zeytin11
I am getting the impression that airport city suffers from rampant inflation. As you go through the game (I am level 30 now) prices rise extortionately but your ability to earn coins does not rise at anything approaching the new costs. I guess their theory is that the more you have invested (who has not occasionally bought cash?) the less likely you are to abandon the game. Even those who do may well start over again when the bad memories have faded (this is what I did)
I always maximise on buildings that earn coins but find now that to progress I will need to fly larger planes leaving me with a shopping list for level 5
Terminal l5 80,000
Control Tower L5 200,000 ( had to count the zeros on that to make sure I wasnt dreaming!)
Repair Base L4 20,000
Hanger L4 x 2 16,000
Delta Planes x 2 40,000
Town Hall L6 180,000 ( I need this already as I struggle to fill planes in time to keep them all flying)

That all adds up to a whopping 536,000 coins
My current coin level is 59,993 so only another 476,007 to go!!!
That is before any other things I need to spend coins on and the numerous things that need to be collected for each building - I am estimating several months of playing every day at least 5 times a day! I can see the credit card taking another bashing in the next x3 sale!!

I was thinking the same thing when I was around level 30-40 but after I discover the existence of such forum, I found lots of friends to visit and communicate. Communication one of the key factor cos it provides to move together and increase the efficiency e.g. In launches! Also you can find many tips to grow rapidly as I did.

To sum up the tips I discovered here:

1) make friends with 5 planetariums and visit them daily (10 neigh x 5 plt = 50 visit is about 15k-20k daily)

2) start red launches as fast as possible, ignore quests for a while and only focus on red launches, try to be in a QL party. Until that time, store launch items as much as possible.

3) store fuel as much as you can. use them when you activete the space maps and excavation maps. During that, also activate your business class bonus and golden dice bonus (should buy in for 4 greenies). visit the neighbors when the golden dice bonus is active. A clever tip for bonus; active the bonus before the reset of the cycle and so you v an visit the neighbours twice with one bonus. It's almost doubles the change. (About 70-80k a day)

4) if you buy the greenies wait for x3 sale (every two weeks regularly it shows up) and for land expansion wait for the sale (also every two weeks it shows up)

these are the medium level tips I think:) high level tips (over 70 level) shall be come from masters;)

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I was thinking the same thing when I was around level 30-40 but after I discover the existence of such forum, I found lots of friends to visit and communicate. Communication one of the key factor cos it provides to move together and increase the efficiency e.g. In launches! Also you can find many tips to grow rapidly as I did.

To sum up the tips I discovered here:

1) make friends with 5 planetariums and visit them daily (10 neigh x 5 plt = 50 visit is about 15k-20k daily)

2) start red launches as fast as possible, ignore quests for a while and only focus on red launches, try to be in a QL party. Until that time, store launch items as much as possible.

3) store fuel as much as you can. use them when you activete the space maps and excavation maps. During that, also activate your business class bonus and golden dice bonus (should buy in for 4 greenies). visit the neighbors when the golden dice bonus is active. A clever tip for bonus; active the bonus before the reset of the cycle and so you v an visit the neighbours twice with one bonus. It's almost doubles the change. (About 70-80k a day)

4) if you buy the greenies wait for x3 sale (every two weeks regularly it shows up) and for land expansion wait for the sale (also every two weeks it shows up)

these are the medium level tips I think:) high level tips (over 70 level) shall be come from masters;)
I'd only advise that you have at least 12 players with 5+ planetariums ;) - 12 players daily visit is max for now.

Top Bottom