Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

I'm at a crossroads

I am in a good alliance, work well with others in the alliance, proudly complete 3 tasks to help everyone in the alliance to help achieve the 50% coin bonus (I always have considered task completion requirements as a virtue), and I have a regular passenger count ranging from 120,000 to over 200,000 a week helping my alliance rank in the TOP 100. Everything has been going well and then I upgraded Town Hall to level 11. I realized that I have upgraded every building I could with coin to the maximum level. The only building I still want to upgrade is Reserve Hanger to level 5 requiring 500 Gold & 9000 Silver plus I have to be in a level 10 alliance.

I ask a question, what options do I have? I am trying to make assessment about what is really right for me.

I know of several options:

1) Stay in my current alliance and buy more residential buildings replacing some commercial buildings with those.
2) Leave my current alliance, try a TOP 50 alliance, and hope for the best. However, I still have some aversion due to a bad experience with a TOP50 alliance to the point where I see what happened as a "chilling indictment" of the TOP50's cutthroat nature.

I am NOT looking for an alliance at the moment because I am think things through before making any decision.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
I am in a good alliance, work well with others in the alliance, proudly complete 3 tasks to help everyone in the alliance to help achieve the 50% coin bonus (I always have considered task completion requirements as a virtue), and I have a regular passenger count ranging from 120,000 to over 200,000 a week helping my alliance rank in the TOP 100. Everything has been going well and then I upgraded Town Hall to level 11. I realized that I have upgraded every building I could with coin to the maximum level. The only building I still want to upgrade is Reserve Hanger to level 5 requiring 500 Gold & 9000 Silver plus I have to be in a level 10 alliance.

I ask a question, what options do I have? I am trying to make assessment about what is really right for me.

1) Stay in my current alliance and buy more residential buildings replacing some commercial buildings with those.
2) Leave my current alliance, try a TOP 50 alliance, and hope for the best. However, I still have some aversion due to a bad experience with a TOP50 alliance to the point where I see what happened as a "chilling indictment" of the TOP50's cutthroat nature.

I am NOT looking for an alliance at the moment because I am think things through before making any decision.
Honestly at one time I was in the top 30 each week, however myself and another player, may she rest in piece; we both had several games and it was exhausting trying to carry through day after day; so I transferred ownership and moved on. I tried to form my own coalition with my support games but my devices caught a bug from MS update and I salvaged a game, the one I believe we are neighbors.
But sometimes you have to do, what is best for you. Even if it means moving on

Don’t paint all top50 alliance with the same brush. You had a bad experience. Doesn’t mean they are all like that. But what most want is loyalty. For me even the fact your posting here the vague possibility that you might move on, would make me question your loyalty to your current alliance. This is a discussion you should be having with them, NOT here. Imho.

I see it from different angle. With 120 to 200k per week you could aim easily top20 or even top10 alliance. It is challening, but the 3 alliance maps per week makes a difference and they usually require to be connected via FB messenger or discord. It all depends what you want to achieve in this game. As long as the alliance is not aiming top spot (you need 3 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Monday and 3 on Sunday usually to get minimum required 360k per week), you should be fine and you could always leave if it is just over your willingness to dedicate the time to the game. I am still dreaming to go back to top100 alliance and reduce the time, but I still need some maps and getting 3 per week is better than get 1. As in life everywhere you will find nice and not so nice people and you have a freedom to choose to stay or leave at anytime. In the worst case you could always go back to your current alliance.

Don’t paint all top50 alliance with the same brush. You had a bad experience. Doesn’t mean they are all like that. But what most want is loyalty. For me even the fact your posting here the vague possibility that you might move on, would make me question your loyalty to your current alliance. This is a discussion you should be having with them, NOT here. Imho.
I appreciate your honesty and information. I am considering this information as well.

I am trying to be as honest as I can but there are some things I do not want to mention that play into this that do NOT have anything to do with my current alliance (please take that at face value).

At this point, I am simply trying to evaluate what options are given what I did.

Last edited:
I thin you are doing right. You have to think why you play the game and what you play for. You are part way there as you have your next objective, so the question is the best way to get it. In this point speed is the thing - how soon do you want it? you will get it in your current alliance, you will get it faster in a more competitive one. I lead an alliance that is no pressure, you just have to be active, as that is my style, no minimum numbers. By doing this we tend to be top 100, and get one alliance map per week. I recognise your top 50 alliance experience, and I won't lead an alliance with that pressure - result, we are getting there - but slowly.

So for me you have your next 2 questions:-
1) how fast do I want your reserve hangar 5?
2) how loyal are you to your alliance, and how does that conflict with 1).

Could your existing alliance go higher with some guidance, maybe you can be an influencer there to achieve your aim?

Hope this helps.
question.png

What a relief that someone is asking questions. I will try to answer those.

So for me you have your next 2 questions:-
1) how fast do I want your reserve hangar 5?

Ideally, I would it as soon as I can. However, I still have to accumulate enough Gold and Silver to do this. This is one reason why I do red launches and try to get first place in the Destination Rankings. Getting the level 5 Hanger is difficult because of this. Just off the top of my head, it might take a few months and that's optimistic. Here's a table showing where I stand.

HaveRequire
Gold
218​
500​
Silver
4499​
9000​

2) how loyal are you to your alliance, and how does that conflict with 1).
I would like to think I am very loyal to my alliance and I had actually brought this discussion there as well. The decision to leave this alliance is NOT one I take lightly and I am NOT yet at the point where I am looking at recruiting announcements. The issue is that the alliance I am in is at level 8 and the Reserve Hanger level 5 requires a level 10 alliance. I would have to do an assessment when I get enough Gold and Silver.
Could your existing alliance go higher with some guidance, maybe you can be an influencer there to achieve your aim?
I would hope that I can be and I do my best in this regard. A lot of members are growing their facilities and I see more of them asking for things like "Ear Plugs", "E-Readers", and "VR Headsets". Even though I am not the leader, I probably have assumed somewhat of an "informal mentor" role and the knowledge I share comes from the Wiki and my experiences in this game that have ranged from one person alliances to TOP50. In addition, I usually have the highest PAX count in the alliance and I usually will do 2 or 3 Tasks (often ahead of schedule).

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
One small point to consider, you only need to be in a L10 alliance to buy the upgrade, you do not need to be in a L10 alliance thereafter.
Hence you could ask a favour of anyone in a L10 alliance to allow you to join and leave to enable the purchase, I’m sure there are plenty of people here with the means to facilitate that as an option.

One small point to consider, you only need to be in a L10 alliance to buy the upgrade, you do not need to be in a L10 alliance thereafter.
Hence you could ask a favour of anyone in a L10 alliance to allow you to join and leave to enable the purchase, I’m sure there are plenty of people here with the means to facilitate that as an option.
The thought has crossed my mind and may very chose that when I get enough Gold and Silver. The key is WHEN.

I think the posts suggesting you save, temporarily enter a level 10, make the purchase and go back to your alliance warrants some consideration. As a secondary point your ‘chilling indictment’ of top 50 alliances is a generality that doesn’t match every alliance. It’s very far removed from my experience, in fact my alliance is so cooperative I’d be shocked if any of us posted in a public forum that we were considering our options.

I think the posts suggesting you save, temporarily enter a level 10, make the purchase and go back to your alliance warrants some consideration.
I agree with you and I would consider this if something work out. I had made a tough decision considering everyone's advice as well other information and yes the incident I mentioned was part of my consideration. Since posting, I left my alliance for a TOP 20 alliance I that I had some ties with.
As a secondary point your ‘chilling indictment’ of top 50 alliances is a generality that doesn’t match every alliance. It’s very far removed from my experience, in fact my alliance is so cooperative I’d be shocked if any of us posted in a public forum that we were considering our options.
The story behind the ‘chilling indictment’ was that someone in a TOP50 alliance had tried to recruit me knowing that I had 11 stands and was facing "major eye surgery" right at initial contact. First, the recruiter invited me into a Task Completion alliance with "burst flying" that he was running though a support account, try to get to do various mapped flights, and then a few weeks later, he recruited me into a TOP 50 alliance. My mistake was NOT running away IMMEDIATELY because I wanted to be a "loyal" team player.

But since then, I had moved through two alliances. I've had good experiences with both Task Completion alliances and would happily recommend those alliances for players wanting to grow facilities (they serve two slightly different niches).

Top Bottom