Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

How should you use free bonus fuel?

Device
  1. Android
Username
Grizzly aviator
Hello fellow aviators. Long-time lurker, first time poster! I have a question.

I have been actively been playing the game since the beginning of 2023, and I've received all the awards in the events. Some awards are for 500 fuel or 800 fuel, or maybe some of you buy the special offer 2000 fuel. What is the best use of that fuel?

I time my flights to make best use of the free comfort class 30m bonus. I use the Fuel Station. I use the gifts from neighbours. I use accelerations. Generally I don't need huge dumps of fuel.

Apart from a rare boost needed to meet a "Complete an Eagle flight to X" which wants 84 fuel to accelerate, or I want to smash out a "Complete 10 owl flights" with a burst of speed-ups, I don't know what else to do with the huge dumps of 800 bonus fuel? What do you do with them? Are speed-ups really my only choice?

Any thoughts appreciated,

I have been actively been playing the game since the beginning of 2023, and I've received all the awards in the events. Some awards are for 500 fuel or 800 fuel, or maybe some of you buy the special offer 2000 fuel. What is the best use of that fuel?

I time my flights to make best use of the free comfort class 30m bonus. I use the Fuel Station. I use the gifts from neighbours. I use accelerations. Generally I don't need huge dumps of fuel.

Apart from a rare boost needed to meet a "Complete an Eagle flight to X" which wants 84 fuel to accelerate, or I want to smash out a "Complete 10 owl flights" with a burst of speed-ups, I don't know what else to do with the huge dumps of 800 bonus fuel? What do you do with them? Are speed-ups really my only choice?

Map runs are the main use, to fly bigger planes such as condors for passenger counts for alliance, to get as many flights when we activate bonuses to increase drops

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
I live them to last to be harvested. When I have close fight and for example flight to Machu Picchu. But that requires "Fuel Supply". Asking takes hours and also loses you vital F20 and half people can't understand those abbreviations etc.
So I can use bottomless barrel to increase my fuel storage to 534, use 800 fuel bonus from event and start flying owls to Thailand and speed them up. Of course with additional bonuses, so that they give me 100% of fuel supply (which doesn't take much honestly). 510 fuel later, I have 10 fuel supplies for 10 flights, my fuel has been regenerating already due to higher cap and those owls are flying to get 2 more fuel supplies.
So I have at least 300 fuel left to use on my planes that might have more valuable cargo (and this is where you do need more bonuses).

Welcome to the forum!
Based on your level in the game, the best use of those larger fuel rewards from events is, indeed, fuel speed-ups for planes to destinations in which you only have a limited time to access. These can include:
1) Map runs are the best use, as other have said. For example, 3000 fuel will allow you to speed up 50 flights to Machu Picchu using that map. I'm not sure if you have started map running yet, but let us know if you need strategies for how to plan that.
2) Earning stars on special event flights. These only are available once per year (or sometimes even once every few years), so fuel speed-ups may be warranted to earn those stars when they are available.
3) Earning stars on special alliance destinations. If you are in an alliance, you will be receiving special alliance destinations. These are received randomly and it sometimes takes months to get the destination you have been waiting for, so fuel speed-ups may be warranted to earn those stars when they are available.

The only other option for those event fuel rewards is to keep them in your fuel bar, but you will lose the 1 fuel per minute because you have exceeded your maximum fuel. If you are using the Vintage Weathervane bonus (speeds up all flights by 35% for 6 hours), then you will probably use that fuel relatively quickly. However, this depends on how many planes you have and what type they are.

It should be noted that these fuel rewards will seem smaller as you progress to larger planes. For example, 250 fuel will only send off 4 of my Condors, so that is what I currently use it for if I am not planning a map run.

Hope that helps! Happy flying!

Well, aside from green(ies)\Airport Cash, fuel is the next most important item to acquire since required to send planes so suggest using it wisely; however best meets your goals\objectives and gameplay. Being new to the game 800 might sound like a lot of fuel but not later in the game (as others have noted above). Performing map runs you can easily smash through 20k\30k\40k fuel should you aspire to such endeavors.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Username
Grizzly aviator
Thank you for the replies thus far, much appreciated.

So fundamentally it does boil down to speeding-up flights whichever way you slice it, it's just the choice of which flights to boost: alliance, flight items, event destinations, maps, or whatever random target somebody has in mind for an impatient third star.

Picking up on @Jenn B 's comment/offer:
  • "Welcome to the forum!" thank you :)
  • currently level 57 (about to hit 58 - careful babysteps with XP to get the free fuel refill!), and yes I have run a couple of map runs but only on owl destinations. My natural reluctance to use bonuses really stands in my way but I do have a few stocked up now.
  • I have been in two alliances but neither of them has offered any special destinations as yet. Topping out about rank 135. Presumably I need a higher level even more active alliance :cautious:
  • Fleet is a fairly even mixture of lower-level planes - swift, owl, hawk, raven and one eagle... I was upgrading toward higher level planes then the event quests became a nightmare! "Launch 5 jumbos" followed by "Launch 5 jumbos" each needing flight items - aww come on GG!
My thinking right now is: with the spare 1200 fuel I currently have, plus gifts, load up a couple of flight drop bonuses, pick an owl destination map, and accelerate as many times as I can, especially with my one liveried-up owl over and over?

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
You do not have to sell planes for event runs if you have space in reserve hangar. When the event starts, put large airplane in reserve hangar and that will be same as not having them. So, obviously, having many slots in reserve hangar helps.

Be sure to collect bonuses from Airship dock for 8000 coins. If you plan on using the fuel to get items, be sure to add item drop bonus such as Sky Captain, Golden Dice etc. I recently ran Aztec Legacy with 3 or 4 bonus' active. It took less than 40 flights to each location for 36 items needed (to build 6 Aztec piramids). In contrast, no bonus run can take more than 5x that amount to get items needed.

So fundamentally it does boil down to speeding-up flights whichever way you slice it, it's just the choice of which flights to boost: alliance, flight items, event destinations, maps, or whatever random target somebody has in mind for an impatient third star.

Picking up on @Jenn B 's comment/offer:
  • "Welcome to the forum!" thank you :)
  • currently level 57 (about to hit 58 - careful babysteps with XP to get the free fuel refill!), and yes I have run a couple of map runs but only on owl destinations. My natural reluctance to use bonuses really stands in my way but I do have a few stocked up now.
  • I have been in two alliances but neither of them has offered any special destinations as yet. Topping out about rank 135. Presumably I need a higher level even more active alliance :cautious:
  • Fleet is a fairly even mixture of lower-level planes - swift, owl, hawk, raven and one eagle... I was upgrading toward higher level planes then the event quests became a nightmare! "Launch 5 jumbos" followed by "Launch 5 jumbos" each needing flight items - aww come on GG!
My thinking right now is: with the spare 1200 fuel I currently have, plus gifts, load up a couple of flight drop bonuses, pick an owl destination map, and accelerate as many times as I can, especially with my one liveried-up owl over and over?
To answer 2 of these queries:
- Yes, map running is speeding up flights over and over again during the time one map is active. Plan ahead for how much fuel and pax you will need to do your target number of flights. Use bonuses that increase drops and then fly!
- If you are in an alliance, you will receive Alliance Tasks (listed under the golden spiral notebook tab, shown in the image below). The first task is for your lowest level plane, the second is for your highest level plane, and the third is for the plane you have the most of. Sometimes they will be regular destinations, but sometimes you will receive the special destinations. The image I show below does not have any special destinations because I was unlucky this week and did not receive one. But here is a list of them: https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/alliance_flights/

1698841063963.png

Liveries don't add much in this regards. There is one that increases drop rate by 20% the rest increase speed, coins or just enhance visuals and therefore don't help with map runs as the destination flight time is longer than the map is active. There are advanced methods to produce a more favorable situation in this scenario such as bonuses to reduce flight times, add in-flight boost, etc. but best to leave these for the future. This is a long-term game as has depth or layers unseen at first glance. The better route would be to stack many bonuses sending numerous owls (a fleet) over and over but this takes time to acquire but pays off more down the road IMHO.

Top Bottom