Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Help! Restore previous versions

Help!

I just accidentally clicked on upgrading my oil refinery and spent 100 greenies!!! Stupid game didn’t give the usual ‘are you sure...’ pop up after I got click happy collecting coins/pax/fuel.

Can anyone tell me how to either cancel the upgrade and restore the greens OR roll my game play back an hour?!

I have checked the confirmation pop ups are on and they are so it should not have just let me do this! 100 greens I paid £10 for and was saving for the weekend land expansion sale :(
983FF2CA-30CD-423F-AFE2-329BE7F21FD4.png

Last edited:
Help!

I just accidentally clicked on upgrading my oil refinery and spent 100 greenies!!! Stupid game didn’t give the usual ‘are you sure...’ pop up after I got click happy collecting coins/pax/fuel.

Can anyone tell me how to either cancel the upgrade and restore the greens OR roll my game play back an hour?!

I have checked the confirmation pop ups are on and they are so it should not have just let me do this! 100 greens I paid £10 for and was saving for the weekend land expansion sale :(
View attachment 28395
Your confirmation pop up is off. That’s why it didnt pop up! You just spent 100 greens, sorry. Rolling back the game would be time travel and ban.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
In the picture, your confirmation is off.
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do.
On the upside, there are worse things you could have spent it on - you would probably want that eventually.
You could try contacting support, I imagine if you make enough fuss they would undo the action.
You would need to highlight you are a paying customer, and you won’t spend again if they don’t undo it. Obviously be a little more tactful.

Update - support are ridiculously unhelpful; they respond after 24 hours and then close the chat down, so no option to have a conversation.

To be honest, I appreciate it is my own stupid fault but for them to have absolutely no regard or understanding for the situation and an insistence that they can’t do anything, I kinda don’t want to keep playing and be part of something like that unfortunately, especially as I do pay for it every few weeks.

I will think seriously for the next few days, but I am honestly thinking about deleting the game now and not playing anymore. I just feel kinda conned and scammed, which isn’t nice.

Great to spend time chatting with some of you and taking part anyway, it has been a blast for the past 6 months! Keep flying 😊

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Update - support are ridiculously unhelpful; they respond after 24 hours and then close the chat down, so no option to have a conversation.

To be honest, I appreciate it is my own stupid fault but for them to have absolutely no regard or understanding for the situation and an insistence that they can’t do anything, I kinda don’t want to keep playing and be part of something like that unfortunately, especially as I do pay for it every few weeks.

I will think seriously for the next few days, but I am honestly thinking about deleting the game now and not playing anymore. I just feel kinda conned and scammed, which isn’t nice.

Great to spend time chatting with some of you and taking part anyway, it has been a blast for the past 6 months! Keep flying 😊
Support are stubborn like that. Re-open the chat and continue to push. Sometime you will need to do this 3/4/5 + times.
My most recent encounter took 3 attempts (lost water world items), but eventually I was compensated.
You have nothing to loose by trying again. Alternatively you could try a refund from apple if GI changed your spend setting during an update. Although I'd leave that as a last resort as I suspect they may disable your account or something.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
The thing is, he used the greens (whether it’s intentional or not), GI won’t give them back to you. I don’t think refunding would work too. The greens were already used to buy something else in the game.

That’s the thing with in-game currency. GI already put some “notifications” to reduce accidental green spending. If you disable it and somehow still spending it too, and now you want to get it back? I don’t think it works that way.

Support are stubborn like that. Re-open the chat and continue to push. Sometime you will need to do this 3/4/5 + times.
My most recent encounter took 3 attempts (lost water world items), but eventually I was compensated.
You have nothing to loose by trying again. Alternatively you could try a refund from apple if GI changed your spend setting during an update. Although I'd leave that as a last resort as I suspect they may disable your account or something.
He had the notification OFF so he didnt get the notification. Hate to say it but its user error. GI wont refund the greens or they would have to do it to everyone who made a mistake. The lesson to learn is check the notifications is turned ON. and check several time during the day!!

He had the notification OFF so he didnt get the notification. Hate to say it but its user error. GI wont refund the greens or they would have to do it to everyone who made a mistake. The lesson to learn is check the notifications is turned ON. and check several time during the day!!
I don’t recall it turning off and believe it was turned off by them when the updated the game?

If they did that they did it to everyone, and they didnt to me. Shame you stop playing though. Its a mistake thats all. Yes it cost a bit, but next time youll look closer?

Funnily enough, I actually got prompted to update my game yesterday, so I did. I checked the status of the notifications immediately after and surprise, surprise, the setting had changed to be turned off again!

Also, I had a response from my complaint to GI and they say that when upgrading the oil refinery there is NO pop up that appears!! So that all feels very underhand of them.

I just feel really conned and the principal of it is just wrong. I appreciate it was my mistake, I’ll be more careful etc. And if I hadn’t actually paid for those greens last week then I would be less annoyed. It is not a great deal of money, but it is the way it was done and then the way it has been handled by them. I just don’t like it; complete disregard to me as a paying customer
and I feel scammed.

BBB78BF9-211C-4D0E-BDDE-961DC9496823.jpeg

Top Bottom