Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Help Me With Building Establishment

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03v5rd5t5
Username
Steve Fossett
Hi pilots,

I need some help with establishing my buildings. Please let me know what I need to buy (more), sell, put in inventory or replace.

All help much appreciate!

A2868388-5BBB-4558-84D4-3FF6DE95C3A0.png
2280A0C7-FF53-47D3-8BC6-F66C4DBE49B2.png
7730BD93-F3BD-4FE9-8FF7-C70DE7155F8F.png

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
In the beginning it's very important to have a good balance between pax and coins producing buildings. If you don't have many planes and/or planes that require high pax, it's very easy to have too many pax-buildings in your city which could severely hamper your coin-progress. On the other hand, sending out planes to acquire collections and do quests is one of the more rewarding tasks in the beginning so you should have enough pax-buildings to keep all your planes in the air at all times.

That said, try to match your coin-buildings with your game-play. Buildings that produce a few coins every two minutes seems very rewarding in theory, but if you only open up your game once an hour (or even less) then you're better off with a building that produces coins every hour (e.g., bowling alley). That also goes for the buildings that produce 90 coins every 4 hours: If you open up your game more than once every four hours, these buildings are typically not the best to put in your city at the beginning (if you still have plenty of other options). The same goes for pax-buildings too ofcourse.

Looking at your current city, I would get rid of the chess clubs for now (and the music arenas as soons as you're done with the event) and probably also get rid of at least 4 eateries, grocery stores and flower shops (leaving only two of each max) and replace those with more rewarding buildings (ofcourse taking into account what I said above about matching it with your game style). I would then try to expand on the technical side of the city to make room for oil refineries (and for your coal stations in the future, since they take up too much valuable space on the city side). After that, I would try to increase my number of planes and expand on my pax-buidings accordingly (and also start building industrial buildings a little bit before they are actually needed; probably flight catering facilities first).

In the beginning it's very important to have a good balance between pax and coins producing buildings. If you don't have many planes and/or planes that require high pax, it's very easy to have too many pax-buildings in your city which could severely hamper your coin-progress. On the other hand, sending out planes to acquire collections and do quests is one of the more rewarding tasks in the beginning so you should have enough pax-buildings to keep all your planes in the air at all times.

That said, try to match your coin-buildings with your game-play. Buildings that produce a few coins every two minutes seems very rewarding in theory, but if you only open up your game once an hour (or even less) then you're better off with a building that produces coins every hour (e.g., bowling alley). That also goes for the buildings that produce 90 coins every 4 hours: If you open up your game more than once every four hours, these buildings are typically not the best to put in your city at the beginning (if you still have plenty of other options). The same goes for pax-buildings too ofcourse.

Looking at your current city, I would get rid of the chess clubs for now (and the music arenas as soons as you're done with the event) and probably also get rid of at least 4 eateries, grocery stores and flower shops (leaving only two of each max) and replace those with more rewarding buildings (ofcourse taking into account what I said above about matching it with your game style). I would then try to expand on the technical side of the city to make room for oil refineries (and for your coal stations in the future, since they take up too much valuable space on the city side). After that, I would try to increase my number of planes and expand on my pax-buidings accordingly (and also start building industrial buildings a little bit before they are actually needed; probably flight catering facilities first).
en,I found that I had made a mistake that could not be corrected. I planned to clear up the data and start over. I was Backup my neighbors, hoping to find them again.

You could gain a lot of space if you would use less roads. Not all buildings need a road. And roads do not need to be connected.

Some buildings do not need roads, like the coal stations. So you could move them to an area where you have no roads. You already use this in your airport side, but not in your city side.

This will make your city look more ugly, and some buildings harder to find, but you will be able to have more buildings on the same available space.

And like @ArGi1981 said, try to match the pax buildings to what you need. Fill all available space after this with coins producers that match the number of times you play the game.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
It looks like you are costing yourself a lot of money warehousing buildings too. Often it is cheaper to sell them if you no longer need/want them. The only time I would warehouse event buildings, or purchased buildings (MSBs etc). Standard buildings that can be bought from the shop with coins aren’t worth it in my opinion.

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
as @Madge59230 said it's your decision really and depends on how you wanna enjoy the game. Like me for example, my focus is to have a nice city side so it will be coins buildings for me from the beginning and when I think I purchased all the highrisers offered in store I'd switch to flights that drop items for collectible buildings. And this is when I focus on upgrading my fleet and passengers buildings.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
As you need more energy you can change your power plants to solar panels. This will increase your power output from +6 (Power plant) to +14 (solar panel) in the same space. Or replace 2 power plans with 1 solar panel and still be up +2. If you want to spend greenies solar power plants are +48 in the same space, but 1 more greenie gets you an 8x8 square of new land.

Ultimately the choice in where you put your resources is all part of the game.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i4gp8nl
Username
Craw
Does adding Terminal sections and bridge assist in any other way other then moving planes faster? I have 6 stands, 4 terminal sections and only 1 boarding bridge. I don’t feel like anything is delayed that justifies the cost of adding terminal sections and boarding bridges.
By adding these upgrades will Air Traffic Control Ofer me more guest planes to land?

Does adding Terminal sections and bridge assist in any other way other then moving planes faster? I have 6 stands, 4 terminal sections and only 1 boarding bridge. I don’t feel like anything is delayed that justifies the cost of adding terminal sections and boarding bridges.
By adding these upgrades will Air Traffic Control Ofer me more guest planes to land?
No, you can land 2 guest planes at the same time.
If a guest plane is on a terminal section, it does not count.
Basically you can land a total of '2 + number of terminal sections' guest planes.

The bridges should sent out the plane faster, but landing planes board on the first available sections. So if you build bridges, do it on the first few ones. Build the other ones later when you have lots of money (at least this is my opinion about it).

Top Bottom