Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Greenies offer

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04qmh7l3r
Username
Jot18
I was wondering is there any other offers for greenies beside the x3 or is this the only offer? I was looking to purchase some and wondering if there could be a better offer in the future.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I was wondering is there any other offers for greenies beside the x3 or is this the only offer? I was looking to purchase some and wondering if there could be a better offer in the future.
This is the best regular offer.
Each weekend alternates between 3x greens, and half price land purchase (with greens only). Don’t buy land with greens until you can no more with coins!
There is usually a mid week offer, you will get some kind of building (via a box) with a purchase. These are either mystery building 1/2 (10/15 greens to purchase direct from the store), or a bonus square (10% passenger bonus with 1x1 or 2x2 coverage).

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

There are two user guides which you could read through, if you have not done so already with regards to green notes, and where you can get them...........

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04qmh7l3r
Username
Jot18
This is the best regular offer.
Each weekend alternates between 3x greens, and half price land purchase (with greens only). Don’t buy land with greens until you can no more with coins!
There is usually a mid week offer, you will get some kind of building (via a box) with a purchase. These are either mystery building 1/2 (10/15 greens to purchase direct from the store), or a bonus square (10% passenger bonus with 1x1 or 2x2 coverage).
Ouch. My plan was to save up for the half off and purchase land. Because I want to save up coins for other upgrades.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Ouch. My plan was to save up for the half off and purchase land. Because I want to save up coins for other upgrades.
I agree with @Barkmi4 (Mike). Use coins for land until you can't any longer. It will come pretty quickly.

I also recommend using greenies for electricity. Energy bought with coins takes lots of space. Wind turbine for 800 coins produces 10 energy. Solar power station bought for 9 greenies (although they go on sale sometimes for 6) produces 48 energy on the same amount of land. You need a whole lot less space to power the same city if you are generating energy with greenie purchased items.

I'm waiting for the tesla power plant to go on sale again - 24 greenies, 2x2, produces 300 energy.

4 tesla power plants take up one city block and produce 1200 electricity. It would take 120 wind turbines to produce the same energy and that's 7 1/2 city blocks. Can you imagine the land cost to do that? Purchasing the land with greenies - even on sale - would be 70 greenies. The same tesla plants on sale would be 96 greenies.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
.............Purchasing the land with greenies - even on sale - would be 70 greenies. The same tesla plants on sale would be 96 greenies.
So you just countered your own point you were trying to make and fell into the point I am making 4 paragraph below this one.

Electricity is very important and yes it does take up land to have a lot of electricity. When comparing electrical producing items from one to another you can't compare the land size that it uses, you have to compare the amount of airport cash that they each take in relation to the land size that they use. In your example it is cheaper by 26 airport cash to get the land (7 1/2 expansions) and the wind turbines with coins then it would be to get the 4 tesla power plants. You also didn't take into account the cost of the land that the 4 tesla power plants would be sitting on which makes the turbines that much of a better deal even though they take up almost 8 times as much room in your city.

If you do the math, purchasing electrical producing items with airport cash does not make sense until your land costs 30 airport cash or more on the discount sale. (hey, imagine that, the price of a tesla!)

In my opinion the easiest way to do the math is to break down each electrical producing building into a factor of how much does it produce per 1x1 square of land (thanks bob69). So you would divide the coal plant by 4 and the nuclear power plant by 9 to be able to compare them to each other as well as to the wind turbines that you mentioned.

I think a lot of people would be genuinely surprised when they do the math and they find that with the amount of airport cash that was spent on their teslas could have made a bigger and better purchase for their game when they made their purchase (obviously land expansion level dependent when this happens).

There is a ton of great information on this forum but it is all from a limited perspective. Tons of people ask "hey, what about this...." when they are level 20-60 and most of the answers that they get are from level 80 game players who answer the question according to their own level of game play at that time and not according to the level of game play that the question is coming from, because sometimes it makes a huge difference.

Just go back and look at most of the advice that is prior to 7.0 and prior to the 100 item limit. If a new player followed the advice they would get so frustrated with trying to play the game with a 100 item limit but using advice from an era where there was no 100 item limit.

I know that what I am posting here is far off from the original question in the original post but it is relevant to how you use your airport cash once you get it and I also have to strongly disagree with purchasing teslas so early in the game (land expansions early). But hey, it's your money that you are spending, I am just trying to let you know of a better deal.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Dan I see your point. I guess I need to rethink this. And I don't think it's far off from original. What is the best use of greenies.

I just came through this. I'm 3 months into the game (this time around) and level 56 so it's very fresh in my mind. Early on, you get lots of greenies with all the level increases that come quickly. So what do you spend them on? You could spend on land expansions - but why do this when land can still be purchased with coins?

A solar power station (on sale sometimes for 6 greenies) is a great way to get lots of energy quickly. Other thoughts?

@Dan I see your point. I guess I need to rethink this. And I don't think it's far off from original. What is the best use of greenies.

I just came through this. I'm 3 months into the game (this time around) and level 56 so it's very fresh in my mind. Early on, you get lots of greenies with all the level increases that come quickly. So what do you spend them on? You could spend on land expansions - but why do this when land can still be purchased with coins?

A solar power station (on sale sometimes for 6 greenies) is a great way to get lots of energy quickly. Other thoughts?
Easy answer is dont spend them!! Keep them for later when you need them. Spend now and you'll say "why did I buy that"!!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*

Land is by far the most precious commodity because everything that you do requires the use of it and it gets more and more expensive as you purchase more of it.

Anyway that you can maximize the use of your land will increase the purchasing power that you have for it.

Use nothing but coins to purchase land until you no longer can use coins. Then use airport cash to purchase land when it is on sale during the 50% discount. Save all of the airport cash that you can until you need it for land. A small stagnation now in your game will pay off much larger later on in the game.

This advice would be to anyone who is not willing to spend real money in the game or very little of it. The whole trade off of time in real life vs time spent in the game skews this for those who are willing to spend money in the game in order to spend more time outside of the game in real life.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Land is by far the most precious commodity because everything that you do requires the use of it and it gets more and more expensive as you purchase more of it.

Anyway that you can maximize the use of your land will increase the purchasing power that you have for it.

OK, so you reminded me of where I was coming from with my recommendations. This ... exactly. The less land you use to host energy, the more you have for other buildings that add real value.

I understand Dan’s arguments about energy - and know the arguments for years, since I joined the forum. Never regretted haven’t following them.
I never went for coal stations - except once when desperately needed energy and didn’t have enough greenies - and I’m not sorry,not even a bit
Having almost all Teslas allowed me to add different buildings instead of coal stations, as Chloe does..
anyway, now that my land is at 40, when on sale, Teslas are the best optioN, finally.

Last edited:

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
You can both be right. At lower levels Tesla power plants aren't always the best option. When land squares are at 50 green, the math shows that Tesla comes out ahead.

1200 electricity = 4 Teslas = 30x4 = 120 green + 50 for one land (if at a discount) = 170 green.
1200 electricity = 20 coal stations = no green for the stations, but you will need 5 land at 50 green = 250 green

170 is less than 250 :)

You can both be right. At lower levels Tesla power plants aren't always the best option. When land squares are at 50 green, the math shows that Tesla comes out ahead.

1200 electricity = 4 Teslas = 30x4 = 120 green + 50 for one land (if at a discount) = 170 green.
1200 electricity = 20 coal stations = no green for the stations, but you will need 5 land at 50 green = 250 green

170 is less than 250 :)
Yes but land becomes too expensive, so you’ll be needing that extra space Coals are taking
This means that, in the end, you will buy the very same amount of land - that means, you’ll be spending the same amount of greenies - sell the coals and buy the Teslas...

Top Bottom