Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Game Over

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
After nearly 5 years playing Airport City, the game ends for me tonight. I just want to post a note of thanks to this Forum.

I wanted a game that would occupy me for 2 weeks holiday in 2017. I misread the possibilities enormously and kept playing for many years. It took me about 3 months to realise this Forum existed, and when I joined it, my game improved enormously. In fact the game became a way of life for the next few years.

So where do I start? @Captain WH Rollins I guess - what an amazing amount of information on the game - like buying those "How to play" manuals for £25.99 - but it is here for free. Amazing work Captain.

Then there is the Wiki - Many active Forum members took this on and @Chloe11111, @LX Air - Teresa and @Madge59230 stand out as being particularly crucial to it.

The admins do an amazing job keeping this forum enjoyable - @Dave @Husam @Chloe11111 Thank you.

But above all there is the camaraderie, information exchanging, trading, space flight liaisons, Alliance support, Fuel rings, and just generally a really good and active Forum.

So why am I leaving? Well I achieved Level 80 years ago, stopped using gold coins 2 years ago (63 million gold coins - why no use for them?), 1000 stars this year, and have pretty much completed all missions and collections. And the developers only want to make the game look prettier, and stop experienced players from using gold and silver tokens to improve their games. And all the time making no effort to expand the challenges of the game. That leaves me feeling that daily play of Airport City is a chore, like washing up dirty dishes after a meal, or putting out the dustbins. I want to play a casual game for fun - I don't want it to be a daily chore.

So that is all from me.

And good luck to you all in the future.

Andy8758 :)

After nearly 5 years playing Airport City, the game ends for me tonight. I just want to post a note of thanks to this Forum.

I wanted a game that would occupy me for 2 weeks holiday in 2017. I misread the possibilities enormously and kept playing for many years. It took me about 3 months to realise this Forum existed, and when I joined it, my game improved enormously. In fact the game became a way of life for the next few years.

So where do I start? @Captain WH Rollins I guess - what an amazing amount of information on the game - like buying those "How to play" manuals for £25.99 - but it is here for free. Amazing work Captain.

Then there is the Wiki - Many active Forum members took this on and @Chloe11111, @LX Air - Teresa and @Madge59230 stand out as being particularly crucial to it.

The admins do an amazing job keeping this forum enjoyable - @Dave @Husam @Chloe11111 Thank you.

But above all there is the camaraderie, information exchanging, trading, space flight liaisons, Alliance support, Fuel rings, and just generally a really good and active Forum.

So why am I leaving? Well I achieved Level 80 years ago, stopped using gold coins 2 years ago (63 million gold coins - why no use for them?), 1000 stars this year, and have pretty much completed all missions and collections. And the developers only want to make the game look prettier, and stop experienced players from using gold and silver tokens to improve their games. And all the time making no effort to expand the challenges of the game. That leaves me feeling that daily play of Airport City is a chore, like washing up dirty dishes after a meal, or putting out the dustbins. I want to play a casual game for fun - I don't want it to be a daily chore.

So that is all from me.

Good luck to you too @andy8758

Enjoy your new free time in the beautiful city of Bath !

Regards
Harcourt

So that is all from me.

Really sorry to see you go. You’ve been a good friend. Good luck.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

So that is all from me.

Im not surprised at your post, although it still saddens me. I know you've had the same feeling just like so many of us for years, and I knew it was only a matter of time before you decided to leave. Nonetheless, it's still surreal that you will no longer be a part of Airport City and the forum, and you'll be missed. I'm not even going to make a plea for you to reconsider....I get the frustration, believe me. I will ask though...if by some miracle things did change, and the gameplay actually got improved for us high level players, would you reconsider coming back to the game?

[SNIP]

So that is all from me.

I don't blame you and it is a hard decision to make. I respect you for making such a decision. It's been fun playing with you and I wish you all the best. Thank you for welcoming me back to "Air Angel".

TBH, I sometimes am tempted to walk away from this game. It's hard when you have reached just about every ceiling there is in this game and I have hit quite a number of them (some are actually very subtle to the point where they can be debated). And yes, sometimes, it's a chore. I'm still hoping that there are some happy moments with people I enjoy playing with in midst of the boring periods and sometimes, it's hard to be optimistic.

So that is all from me.

Wish you the best in your life. :)
Keep visiting the forum and posting when you have time of course.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

So that is all from me.

Hello - I'm very sorry to read you have decided to leave the game, but I do in all honesty understand. I hope you will keep in touch with the members forum. Perhaps someday, you will decide to return to the game and to the online community. Like you, I spent a period of time playing the game, before I finally discovered the members forum, purely by chance. In my case, it was one whole year, not three months.

Thank you very much for your kind words with regards the user guides.

Regards and Respects
Captain WH Rollins

Tony

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Nilsatis

So that is all from me.

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
very well put.
To have reached 1000 stars is an incredible achievement.
hope you find a new game to replace it!
Good luck in Bath. I grew up in a small town nearby , and I have many fond memories of going into Bath.

I've been playing for an even longer period of time, and sometimes I wonder how / when / why I might ever step away from the game.
I lost all my neighbors and membership of my alliance , and it took GI over a week to fix it
I must admit I was very close to giving up, and I think if they had not fixed it successfully I might have quit, but for now I am still here!

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
very well put.
To have reached 1000 stars is an incredible achievement.
hope you find a new game to replace it!
Good luck in Bath. I grew up in a small town nearby , and I have many fond memories of going into Bath.

I've been playing for an even longer period of time, and sometimes I wonder how / when / why I might ever step away from the game.
I lost all my neighbors and membership of my alliance , and it took GI over a week to fix it
I must admit I was very close to giving up, and I think if they had not fixed it successfully I might have quit, but for now I am still here!

I think the the main reasons I'm still here is my (amazing) alliance and the will not to lose my gifting relations with my neighbors.
I'm also thinking what should be the point I will be leaving, as that point when you are a high level player, the game is just too much expensive. You have to spend real and a lot of $$$ (e.g. Buy land and resources). For me.. I'm just slowing my progress. Add that to the fact that the game become tedious and quiet boring.
I don't need liveries, don't need real flight simulator, don't need cars in the city etc. I DO need higher levels, new destinations, less need for expensive resources and so on.
For now.. I'm still playing, but the end.. is just around the corner.

Top Bottom