Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Game Freezing or just closing/shutting down

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
I've had this ongoing issue for the past few months now.
G.I always wants me to star a new game so they can repair but it generally takes them up to 10 days to do so.
Or they feel it may be my computer.
I've done this 3 times in the past 3 months and after a day or so the problem returns.

I have a fairly new PC I built for my main game which is an i5-10600K with 64gigs of Ram, and a Samsung 870 EVO SSD.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hugglz Bear

150+ Star Club
Peacekeepers
Yes, I have had a couple of issues where the game freezes up on me and the only way out is to get to task manager. I don't lose any data, so all good, just annoying.

On a new HP Gaming laptop, i7 with dedicated graphics, so know it is not at this end.

Cheers

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
My windows games are also freezing sometimes. No apparent reason. Good hardware and enough memory.

never needed to use task manager: I just minimize the window, count to 10 or so, and the icon disappears from the task bar. All I have to do is open the game again.
My screen just locks up completely and have to close from taskbar, if it doesn't shut down on its own.

My screen just locks up completely and have to close from taskbar, if it doesn't shut down on its own.
minimize button
1649280796709.png
does not work on mine either.
But as the mouse moves, I just click here
1649280894192.png

which moves me to the windows screen
and I just wait for the icon
1649280999451.png
to disappear

Not claiming to be any kind of Win guru here, just suggesting things I would try if it was happening to me.
If you are not 100% sure it's not the graphics set up:
- try just using one screen (disable #2 in Win Display settings)
- install Intel DSA to check all your drivers https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/detect.html
- in Task Manager, keep an eye on the GPU chart in Performance tab - is it maxing?

I don't know what the performance of your particular onboard Intel GPU is, but maybe a basic, dedicated graphics card is worth trying. I threw an AUD$200 nVidia GTX card in the old Win10 8gb i7-4790 banger I use for AC support games now (on tabs in Chrome on trail.gg), and it changed my life. Well, that and the Samsung 34" curved monitor I treated myself to...

(Anyone else with dicky windows issues reading this riveting ramble, it would be interesting to hear of any spikes in the CPU, memory, Disk, network and/or GPU charts on Task Manager Performance tab during the glitch.)

Finally Charles, you just may need to try Talisker Storm instead of the Jamie. :banghead:

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
My system is pretty powerful and when running the game the CPU usage is 18%
Memory usage is at 8%, although I tend to have a Brave browser open too, not always though.
I have a decent GPU and have tried it but still, the game freezes.
As a rule I don't need one so use it on another PC when needed there.
The onboard one is certainly up to the task of Airport City though.

Now, regarding whisky, I like The Macallan from time to time.

I'm starting to think it's either just the norm (many players I know have similar issues) or....
There may be an issue in my User folder that I'm investigating.

Cheers mate

Top Bottom