Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Freeloaders and stowaways?

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
I've seen the terms freeloader and stowaway used on the forum. Since those terms seem somewhat derogatory, I just assumed that most launchers wanted those joining to make a significant contribution unless a launch thread said otherwise. This old thread suggests otherwise: https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/hijackers-and-protocol.15044/#post-201499

Do the forum members here have any strong feelings about someone joining a launch with limited resources?

I've seen the terms freeloader and stowaway used on the forum. Since those terms seem somewhat derogatory, I just assumed that most launchers wanted those joining to make a significant contribution unless a launch thread said otherwise. This old thread suggests otherwise: https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/hijackers-and-protocol.15044/#post-201499

Do the forum members here have any strong feelings about someone joining a launch with limited resources?
I always welcome "free-loaders", as I have been one quite a few times myself. Yes, that is somewhat of a derogatory term. Usually I start launches because I need fuel for my planes. Anyone who joins - even if they only put in a few points - is welcome. Even those who join, and don't put in any points. If you join a QL party, you'll see many people putting in 48-96 points or less, with higher points by those who want higher positions. I don't think anyone complains about those who join with fewer points. If certainly doesn't affect the starter, and it allows those with fewer resources to gain some fuel, coins & possibly water world collections (red launches).

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Agree with @crescent moon. i dont mind anybody joining my launches with low points. We have all started somewhere and at the beginning dont have too much to items to launch with, and are welcome of the odd fuel50 here and there and 3000 coins is like having life savings.
What irks is people who ‘hijack’ first or second spot when it is clear the people already in those positions want/need/have planned for those spots, they get kicked from launch and neighbours list.
If you ensure you have forum members only in your neighbours list you shouldn’t come across the ‘hijacking’ issue but will get a number of players who will join with low points (as long as you have a good neighbour list) thus saving you launch fuel

Last edited:
Anytime I start a launch I am fully prepared to add all the fuel myself, so if anyone joins even if they put zero points, I genuinely have no issues with at all.
I have joined a lot of your launches (red) and usually I put 96 - 500. Its being very big help for me. I just got my first QL and good amount of silver tokens. Now I am doing my own launches and from time to time join like this low points. Thanks a lot @Steveb

I was often a stowaway. Sometimes 48 points helps. Besides hackers are the problem, not stowaways.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
There is a new section, recently written and inserted, into the following user guide - The Space Program - Green, Blue and Red Launch Flights (link below) which deals with the subject of How To Deal With Open Launch Hi-Jackers - it is a step guide. When I find the time, I plan to created a new and stand alone thread on this important subject which effects so many forum members who are new to the game of Airport City.

www.airportcitygame.com/threads/the-space-program-green-blue-and-red-launch-flights.20076/

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Steveb

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03wjxkl8
Username
Icemansteve
I have joined a lot of your launches (red) and usually I put 96 - 500. Its being very big help for me. I just got my first QL and good amount of silver tokens. Now I am doing my own launches and from time to time join like this low points. Thanks a lot @Steveb
That’s great to hear!!! I am truly happy that I was of some help to you!!!

The more people that join my launches, the merrier. It’s all about helping each other out. Someone riding along on even zero points has no effect on the other players. There’s one tiny little thing that is worth considering, though...

If you join a launch that is almost fuelled up to launch and don’t care about your position and only want to add a small amount of points, don’t always think that your small addition is going to always help. If the launch has been open for more than 5 minutes then there may be a reason it is waiting. Your 48 or 96 points is insignificant to the top fuel adders, especially the captain who has almost always added >576 points. Wait a moment and see what happens.. is there a QL in there? Are they waiting for another one or even 2? A lot of launchers believe that when those factors are correct, player one will trickle feed 40s/120s and launch. Players 2&3 can, and often will, follow adding similar points behind #1 to get it launched. Other launchers consider that player #1 goes to 576 and that’s the end of his/her job. It waits for anyone else to add from behind and there might not be any etiquette or rules on 2nd or 3rd so anyone can jump anyone as long as you don’t jump first on 576. There are commonly set ideas of the basic rules, but lots of variations.

I’ve often been trying to add a support account to a launch and things have not worked to plan. It’s life and not worth getting upset about. If I’ve got multiple accounts on the go, it takes time to get them all set up. A support might start but my main has to join next and get 576 in before someone thinks it’s a free for all to first spot. One or both may have QLs but I want to get another QL account on board as well. Shuffling devices and getting it all happening takes time (especially if one crashes :arghh:). In the meantime, 1 to 4 people join in and add a few points. *Hurry up, Bob!* The fuel level approaches full and 2 players might add a 40 or 120 at the same time and *whoosh , it’s launched. Too late. You don’t always need to rush adding points at the bottom end. If you have waited and think it’s time to add some, exit and re enter the launch (frustratingly, it doesn’t update while you are sitting waiting) to see if anything has changed. It may even already be launched. ;).

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03c56kzv
Username
november
Hello everyone, interesting post. I have only recently started to read the forum. Until now, I mostly did green launches with my neighbors without any planning. Either I was creating a new launch and people join me, or I was joining other's launches. Only recently, I started also blue launches and decided to join two neighbors' launches, and got kicked out two times. This was unexpected and annoying, just wanted to ask opinion on the dynamics

1) Launch 1 was organized by the head of my alliance (that I'm in since several months as a very reliable contributors - never missed a week). He was in first place, and there was another in second place with 21 hours to go. I added point to secure the third place (something like 280?). Got kicked out and lost my points

2) Launch 2 was organized by another neighbor I had already launched with green launches. It was already with 3 or 4 people in, I joined and added only about 90 points. Got kicked out and even cancelled from friends' list.

What did I do wrong in both cases? Feedback highly appreciated to avoid future mistakes :)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
Hello everyone, interesting post. I have only recently started to read the forum. Until now, I mostly did green launches with my neighbors without any planning. Either I was creating a new launch and people join me, or I was joining other's launches. Only recently, I started also blue launches and decided to join two neighbors' launches, and got kicked out two times. This was unexpected and annoying, just wanted to ask opinion on the dynamics

1) Launch 1 was organized by the head of my alliance (that I'm in since several months as a very reliable contributors - never missed a week). He was in first place, and there was another in second place with 21 hours to go. I added point to secure the third place (something like 280?). Got kicked out and lost my points

2) Launch 2 was organized by another neighbor I had already launched with green launches. It was already with 3 or 4 people in, I joined and added only about 90 points. Got kicked out and even cancelled from friends' list.

What did I do wrong in both cases? Feedback highly appreciated to avoid future mistakes :)

Don't launch with people you can't communicate with, everyone has their own versions of rules... read @Bob69bob 's post above. if you joined a launch group without knowing, most of the time they will kick you even if you only add 12, 24, 48 or 90 points.

and if your alliance leader kicked you. you are better off leaving and finding a new alliance where you can communicate. there's no excuse for an alliance leader to kick a member just for a launch. lots of alliances on this forum with good people who help each other. check the alliance thread.

and welcome to the forum(y)

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03c56kzv
Username
november
Don't launch with people you can't communicate with, everyone has their own versions of rules... read @Bob69bob 's post above. if you joined a launch group without knowing, most of the time they will kick you even if you only add 12, 24, 48 or 90 points.

and if your alliance leader kicked you. you are better off leaving and finding a new alliance where you can communicate. there's no excuse for an alliance leader to kick a member just for a launch. lots of alliances on this forum with good people who help each other. check the alliance thread.

and welcome to the forum(y)

Hello, and thanks for the welcome! I find this forum really helpful! I will follow your suggestion and leave my alliance. I believe this is highly unjustifiable to be treated like that only for joining a launch (not even stealing a position to anyone...). Hopefully I will find another alliance in the forum to join :)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
Hello, and thanks for the welcome! I find this forum really helpful! I will follow your suggestion and leave my alliance. I believe this is highly unjustifiable to be treated like that only for joining a launch (not even stealing a position to anyone...). Hopefully I will find another alliance in the forum to join :)

one more thing, if you have the time to create your forum signature. it would make things much easier for you and the members of this forum to help you. ;) here's the link to the guide:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/thr...ge-and-posting-to-the-members-forum-v4.16559/

Wel evidently they had something going with the launch and your presence was likely
upsetting their "plans" Really though from your description seems like an unjustified
removal and you leaving is a superb idea as they eveidently do not subscibe to the idea
of fair play.

As far as an actual launch goes any launch that I have started I always say add as
much or as little as you would like. Adding a couple points adding no points I don't
mind either way. Trying to make an unplanned run for first is about all that will get an
unknown kicked from my launches.

Top Bottom