Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Do you ever get overwhelemed with the amount of game options?

I thought this might make quite an interesting discussion.
The game has som nay different paths you can take:

- Adventure Flights
- QL gathering flights
- Alliance map flights
- Alliance flights
- Quests
- Star gathering

I'm sure I missed a few off! What path did you decide to take and what made you come to the conclusion? Obviously some overlap such as star gathering.

Always love to hear how so many people play their games in different ways.

- Adventure Flights
- QL gathering flights
- Alliance map flights
- Alliance flights
- Quests
- Star gathering

I'm sure I missed a few off! What path did you decide to take and what made you come to the conclusion? Obviously some overlap such as star gathering.

I am star gathering but the most i love the challenge in launches and alliance :cool:
Always i love to take my team in the alliance to top 3 like every month.
Launches make me happy when i support newbie and let them take first place with less points.
giphy.gif

Thanks @Husam ,
I'm star gathering at the moment, as well as dipping my toe in with an alliance. Also trying to get enough resources to build up a supply of QL's from map flights.
There is a lot of juggling in this game!

It's also not really a game for the impatient or 'I want it now' brigade - well, unless you have very deep pockets!

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
No, because I don't try to tackle everything at once. Even though this game is new, I am not new. So I know this is a long haul game.

I focus on the events when they are on and in between - once alliance tasks are done and if I have enough fuel, I will focus on success with one or two maps with my smallest plane rather than focusing on the eventual reward. Ultimately, the reward buildings will all start coming in. The short term goal is to finish every event and build my city - get every main building upgraded.

I have a pretty basic plan with my 3 games. First, I try to complete 1 or 2 alliance tasks (if not already 3-starred). Both of the alliances I am in are already Level 10, so tasks are not necessary, but we have a number of newer players who can benefit from the experience points.

Next, if there is an event on-going, I will spend some time working on stars and/or drops for event flights. (and building up enough event items for a few spyglasses)

Then, in the last couple of days of the week, I will work on S3 or Adventure flights on Crsnt1 and Crsnt2. S3's until I run out of flight items, then on to adventure until items built back up. Crsnt3 is working on advancing to thunderbirds, and will spend a small amount of time on Adventure flights each week. (also just completed #5 & #6 Luna Parks).

My main frustration comes when I activate an S3 map and realize I was supposed to be doing an adventure map as I have no more flight items. :mad:

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03sw4o7t7
Username
Cj77
I have a general question about event leagues, I have noticed this a few times now and it’s happened to me again. I am in Titanium league with more points than are required to move to Platinum league but never get moved to it? Can anyone shed a light please. Thanks.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

- Adventure Flights
- QL gathering flights
- Alliance map flights
- Alliance flights
- Quests
- Star gathering

To answer the topic question, yes I hate it!
Completing stars is my ed goal, but I don’t do that at the sacrifice of shorter term goals, e.g. I don’t use extra fuel to complete event destination stars.
I’m mainly chasing adventure buildings in the short term for the tokens to provide expansion and police stations, which is just something I want really. But it is so easy to get distracted with S3 maps and QLs. I’d love to do more QLs, but launch prep is increasingly difficult to obtain, and I’m not sat in stacks like some other old players.
I don’t have the heart to fly to destinations for launch prep either, I feel as though it would stall progress.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

- Adventure Flights
- QL gathering flights
- Alliance map flights
- Alliance flights
- Quests
- Star gathering

In the beginning, when I knew nothing apparently I just completed regular destinations to 3 stars and built both city and airport sides as needed when running into a road block in the game. Then, came the forum! After joining the forum I started star gathering first by going back for missed adventure maps. I then realigned my city to make it as efficient as possible and able to extract as much out of it as possible, again with forum guidance. Finally, I joined an alliance (or rather moved from a random alliance that was doing nothing to an established organized alliance) where I again under instruction went back AGAIN to do alliance maps again maximizing my 3 starring and building production.

So, basically I do a little of everything as needed. Quests have dropped into the background unless everything else is caught up (which is rare). I've started to think about QL gathering as I need coins desperately and am tired of racing for 2nd/3rd with no QL trying to follow all the rules and not piss off the ancient ones!

This game is therapy for me as I am VERY IMPATIENT which is not good for this game. I am currently starting to accumulate 6 mil for CT13 so if you see/hear me going a bit crazy you'll know why.

Good thread discussion though!

Best regards!

I really like the many paths you can take in this game for a few reasons.

1) Like @Spork mentioned, I am very impatient, and in this game you have to have patience! I don't have to have everything all at once... if I did, the game would be boooorrrrring!

2) I have only been playing online games for ~3 years, and clearly I love games that are task-oriented, world-building, and require the use of spreadsheets! But I had previously played Stardew Valley and "endgame" comes too soon and it gets monotonous after that (which is why I had 6 Stardew farms). With all the options in AC, I do not think I will get bored any time soon!

3) The decisions in AC have no real-world consequences. In my job, every decision I make affects my employees, students, career, etc (stressful!). In AC, the only things I need to consider are helping out my alliance and other players. That is why most of the things I do are to help my alliance, send nice gifts to my neighbors, and help out players with launches. But, if I want to build a pretty building, even if it is not the best strategy, I will do so and smile while doing it! If I do map running for space maps vs adventure maps vs alliance maps...there are no consequences in the real world, so the pressure is off!

Very good thread! :D

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
I am probably still at the stage that I am delving in (learning about) many parts of the game without a real clear end goal in mind. It could be anywhere between going as slow as necessary without spending cash through to aiming for the best of everything in a shorter time - or anything in between.

So for now I dabble in most things apart from the Quests (they will happen when they happen) and Alliance maps (no access).

My priorities (in order)at the moment are:
- complete 2 alliance tasks on 3 accounts so that wife and the other random alliance member only have to do one each for our 50% bonus.
- complete each event on main account and if possible on secondary.
- launch a space flight at least every second day.
- and when all that's done, or in hand, work on excavation and space maps.

The rest of the time I'm off chasing clouds, landing the crap out of guest planes or playing with spread sheets trying to squeeze as many pax, coins, etc as I can within available resources.

Like many others at first I was all over the place, I tried to do a bit of everything all at once but then slowly I stated to realise you can’t do that.

I tried to concentrate on the side quests because I wanted them all finished, when helicopters were introduced I concentrated on 3 starring them, I then moved onto getting all available passenger buildings , and I carried on like this.

I do adventure buildings in blocks of 6 at a time so I can work through them all.

For a long time I ignored the hundreds of purple alliance maps I have but now I am working through and 3 staring them one by one.

Too many people try to do everything at once and it’s impossible so they get frustrated. The biggest thing they get frustrated on is the events because they want to finish straight away, it took me around 2 years to build up previous event items to get to a point where I started to finish them every time but even when new ones come along I still have lots and lots of resources to help, like the heli event. I had a full fleet of helis so I could attack it full on but there’s things I could have done better to complete more of the destinations so now I have maxed out all production buildings in preparation for it coming again but I can only do that because of all the game currency I have built up.

The biggest help by far was this forum.

I stumbled upon AC while playing Asphalt 9 (I'm a big auto racing fan) and love playing games. I'm a senior citizen, retired and trying to keep the mind active. I more or less played AC between racing but then I found the forum and I started to get more into AC. So, my city is pretty much helter skelter. I enjoy it more now since I got interested in Space. I do have patience so I'm in it for the long term.
I have good neighbors and appreciate all the good advice I receive.

Thanks for this forum.

Top Bottom