Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Christmas Journey

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
OK, for me at least I am loving the winter landscape. Yes, I'm totally a winter bunny. Skiing, ice skating, snow shoeing, even curling. Bring on the snow! :)

OIP.LyyHONc5iNUEIQR4-PbhnwHaHa

Well that is the USA's fault. If Canadians had their way, it would be in October - just like the harvest
Two completely separate countries and two separate basis for thanksgiving holiday, though admittedly we're close so some shared.

Canada's is based on UK harvest festival. Thanksgiving here in US isn't, is harvest feast though it apparently began as so. Keep in mind fall harvest arrives at different times in Canada, UK and US. It is also celebrated elsewhere.

Last edited:
Š”

Š”ŠøŠ¼Š° (gift)

Technically G! is Lithuanian, an Eastern European country, which borders Russia.
Any way, it would be very stupid if GI did not extend the event until January 7, because the vast majority of the strongest pilots come from Eastern European countries.

January 7th has to do with Julian and Gregorian Calendars. In (some) Orthodox (Constantinople) Churches Xmas is according to the Julian Calendar while in Western (Rome) Church it is according to Gregorian Calendar (for whatever reason some Orthodox Churches had adopted the Western dates for Xmas - e.g. Greece or Bulgaria). Due to the two different Calendars Western Easter (West and East here came from the time of Roman Empire, not from Wild West or Robā€™s East on the other side of Earth :)) is always 0, 1, 4 or 5 weeks earlier than the Orthodox one - on top of the two different Calendars comes the formula ā€œfirst Sunday after the first Full Moon date, that falls on or after March 21ā€ plus, to make it even more difficult, Full Moon date is not taken according to the astronomical event, but from Church's lunar calendar (the so called ecclesiastical Full Moon).

January 7th has to do with Julian and Gregorian Calendars. In (some) Orthodox (Constantinople) Churches Xmas is according to the Julian Calendar while in Western (Rome) Church it is according to Gregorian Calendar (for whatever reason some Orthodox Churches had adopted the Western dates for Xmas - e.g. Greece or Bulgaria). Due to the two different Calendars Western Easter (West and East here came from the time of Roman Empire, not from Wild West or Robā€™s East on the other side of Earth :)) is always 0, 1, 4 or 5 weeks earlier than the Orthodox one - on top of the two different Calendars comes the formula ā€œfirst Sunday after the first Full Moon date, that falls on or after March 21ā€ plus, to make it even more difficult, Full Moon date is not taken according to the astronomical event, but from Church's lunar calendar (the so called ecclesiastical Full Moon).
ā€¦ and then I learnt something new today ā€¦
i thought I knew how Easter is scheduled just to find out I wasnā€™t quite right !
šŸ¤© @Pit1024

1. Depart from Lapland
2. Winnipeg
3. Egypt
4. The big peninsula to the right of the Sea of Okhotsk in Russia.

But what is in the 4th location that have been relevant to the game?

The prizes have been underwhelming to say the least. Hopefully they get better
#4 Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky?

One might say Vladivostok though since is an AC destination and this map isn't very realistic.

I'm awaiting coal as the next prize...

Well, G! is Russian after all.
Well, where are the old good days when if your device was operated under Russian language you have got one extra event in May to celebrate end of "Š”Š²ŃŃ‰ŠµŠ½Š½Š°Ń Š²Š¾Š¹Š½Š°" with Russians and the event was with plane called "Š›ŠµŃ‚Š°ŃŽŃ‰ŠøŠ¹ тŠ°Š½Šŗ" which was in reality more like a crappy paper toy (see link below) and the reward was a beautiful statue The Motherland Calls placed in Volgograd and monument of Soviet airplane in 2014 or 2015.

Top Bottom