Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Building Junkies?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
Other than Star Chasers are there any others whose game strategy is much based upon collecting buildings particularly from flight destinations be it airplane or helicopter?

I find that one style of play would negate the other. For example a star chaser would likely stop flying to a destination once it has been 3 stared, whilst a building junkie (I have taken the liberty of naming it :) will have to continue to fly to the destination for the collections.

Maybe we could have a medals system as we have for events when a set of 6 has been collected.

Other than Star Chasers are there any others whose game strategy is much based upon collecting buildings particularly from flight destinations be it airplane or helicopter?

I find that one style of play would negate the other. For example a star chaser would likely stop flying to a destination once it has been 3 stared, whilst a building junkie (I have taken the liberty of naming it :) will have to continue to fly to the destination for the collections.

Maybe we could have a medals system as we have for events when a set of 6 has been collected.
Except if you fly tasks for an alliance you will always go more than 6. I’m an unapologetic star chaser, but I have 6 or more of almost all buildings available from flights. Which aren’t that many.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
Except if you fly tasks for an alliance you will always go more than 6. I’m an unapologetic star chaser, but I have 6 or more of almost all buildings available from flights. Which aren’t that many.
From normal flight destinations there are around 40 and they are far from easy to get to x 6. I personally don’t yet have 6 of any of them except for some helicopter destinations but I’m working at it. There does not need to be a medal but I am sure that most players do not have 6 of most of them and many players would not mind getting something to show for it in the forum one bit either.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I have to say, as a moderator I don’t fancy awarding thousands of people several medals for 6 buildings of a type 😅

However, if there is something specific you had in mind, similar to the ‘I’ve sharpened my axe’ award it’ll be taken into consideration. I am of the personal opinion that such a medal should be fairly difficult to achieve though.
Thoughts welcomed.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
Yes think practical. It’s not a bad idea but how would it work? A medal for every 6 would be unworkable?
I would say that it would work as it does with events. A screenshot of the 6 buildings would give you a medal for that building. There would be around 40 to collect but it would take years to collect them all. Don’t think in terms of the size of your airport if you have been playing for many years. Most of us don’t have a full set of many such buildings.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I have to say, as a moderator I don’t fancy awarding thousands of people several medals for 6 buildings of a type 😅

However, if there is something specific you had in mind, similar to the ‘I’ve sharpened my axe’ award it’ll be taken into consideration. I am of the personal opinion that such a medal should be fairly difficult to achieve though.
Thoughts welcomed.
I think completing the alliance destination buildings is a big deal. Takes a long time. Maybe tower of london and Eiffel Tower icons

I'm a building junkie, and a star chaser - so I go for both and continue and have both, HOWEVER due to the cost of greenies and land, I just have 1 of each building, so that works ok. If i get more than 1 they stay in the warehouse, and just come out for an event if they add value, and then go back again! I have 3 starred all normal destinations apart from my last couple of condor ones, and I have one of every building from normal collections, plus as many event ones as I can!

JUst shows how different we all play. The new event premium path is a nightmare as there are buildings I am missing because I don't like paying! - paid for 2 events so far as they seemed to offer some good buildings.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I think completing the alliance destination buildings is a big deal. Takes a long time. Maybe tower of london and Eiffel Tower icons
I like it. Better than the Axe one in my book as adventure buildings and time result in that eventually. These 2 recognise some serious grinding.

😉

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
I would like to comment that you appear to be looking at this though a lens with many years of game play and huge airports. I suggest that for many forum members acquiring one set of 6 buildings from regular destinations ( not event buildings) is daunting and is likely to take months to accomplish. The majority of the buildings are available from destinations that require, Eagles, Falcons, Thunderbirds and Condors not the smaller planes. Acquiring a set of 6 would possibly require hundreds of flights to a single destination.
If nothing else it would give newer players a new challenge coming from this forum.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I would like to comment that you appear to be looking at this though a lens with many years of game play and huge airports. I suggest that for many forum members acquiring one set of 6 buildings from regular destinations ( not event buildings) is daunting and is likely to take months to accomplish. The majority of the buildings are available from destinations that require, Eagles, Falcons, Thunderbirds and Condors not the smaller planes. Acquiring a set of 6 would possibly require hundreds of flights to a single destination.
If nothing else it would give newer players a new challenge coming from this forum.
Do you have any specific examples?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
As to how many flights it would take? I couldn’t say accurately and I’m sure they are not all the same. My guesstimate would be that with Eagles as an example it could be around 100 flights for one building.
No, I think he meant what examples for bonuses that would be good for newer players

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
I like it. Better than the Axe one in my book as adventure buildings and time result in that eventually. These 2 recognise some serious grinding.

😉

Maybe also for the Investment Bank from Hongkong? For six buildings you need the Collections 60x.

Or something like a "Nuclear Award" when you have 10 Nuclear Power Plants from Teheran? (I assume for them there is no max.?) Would also require 50x the collection.

Or as a third option the medal is only when you have the all the available six Buildings per Plane/Heli type. This would getting more difficult when you move up the Levels as then you need each collection 30x and not 18x and higher Destinations have also more Buildings than lower ones.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Maybe also for the Investment Bank from Hongkong? For six buildings you need the Collections 60x.

Or something like a "Nuclear Award" when you have 10 Nuclear Power Plants from Teheran? (I assume for them there is no max.?) Would also require 50x the collection.

Or as a third option the medal is only when you have the all the available six Buildings per Plane/Heli type. This would getting more difficult when you move up the Levels as then you need each collection 30x and not 18x and higher Destinations have also more Buildings than lower ones.
The thing about those buildings is that you don't actually have to fly to those destinations at all. Items for these collections drop from adventure buildings. I have an Atoms for Peace collection and I have flown a single tbird.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
As to how many flights it would take? I couldn’t say accurately and I’m sure they are not all the same. My guesstimate would be that with Eagles as an example it could be around 100 flights for one building.
Examples of which buildings you think would be deserving of the award, and how many instances.

These can then be considered and discussed. Its quite an open question at the moment.

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
The thing about those buildings is that you don't actually have to fly to those destinations at all. Items for these collections drop from adventure buildings. I have an Atoms for Peace collection and I have flown a single tbird.
I know, but it is the same as with the Ax-Reward - I have the collection twice without chopping a singe tree.

And for completing those collections you need either a lot of Adventure Buildings or still a fairly long time before you get all the exact drops that you complete a collection like 18x or 30x.

Top Bottom