Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Blocked for being turned off!

Device
  1. Windows PC
@Madegwen59
Oh, sorry to hear about that. I hope G!-support can help you as soon as possible and that everything goes well. Don't worry about the alliance. We already reached our goals for this week.

A question for members of the forum; what do players do when travelling abroad? Is there a safe way to ensure that this doesn't happen? Flightmode? Offline?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Thanks. Good question! I really thought by leaving it on the same time as normal it wouldn't effect it. It might be that my internet has been so bad it comes on and off that it looks dodgy, but I have just been running backwards and forwards to get more landing lamps! I'll probably be denied the bonus. Already lost it last week as I changed alliance.

If support gives failsafe solution for players travelling abroad, could you please post it here? It would help me (and possibly other players aswell) alot!

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Hmmm are we getting in some trouble for playing this game while abroad? I just played the game after 12 hours flight!! Hope they dont do give problem for playing in different timezones!
That's right you need to keep your game set in your usual time zone. Your phone, tablet or iPad should be set not to change time. Otherwise you are looked at as a cheater by GI as you can advance flight etc. If the game is affected contact support and they should sort you out, but only the once so be careful.:);):D(y)

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
You can change time zones on your phone but you need to give the game time to stabilize before laying.
You can not play the game in one time zone and hour later play in another. You usually need to wait 2 - 3 hours after landing before starting to play again.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
My machine didn't change zones. My body moved ! but my tablet stayed on exactly the same time zone as normal. It was in the corner of the room recharging for 9 hours while I went to Brick Lane market in London. When i went back and turned it on i had the blocked message. Work that out!

Did you have wifi activated on your phone. If so your tablet was in one time zone while your wifi was in another.

Wifi signature include a time indicator, if GI just read that signature and then your turn sign in time from your device. They would have indicated a contradiction.

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
@Madegwen59
Oh, sorry to hear about that. I hope G!-support can help you as soon as possible and that everything goes well. Don't worry about the alliance. We already reached our goals for this week.

A question for members of the forum; what do players do when travelling abroad? Is there a safe way to ensure that this doesn't happen? Flightmode? Offline?
I travel between Canada and the UK every 4 weeks and i never touch any setting on my ipad and so far have never been blocked (watch me get blocked now on my next trip in 2 weeks). My default setting is UK time.
I obviously use my UK wifi when in the UK and use the Canadian hotels wifi when in canada and no issues for me so far.

Device
  1. Windows PC
I travel between Canada and the UK every 4 weeks and i never touch any setting on my ipad and so far have never been blocked (watch me get blocked now on my next trip in 2 weeks). My default setting is UK time.
I obviously use my UK wifi when in the UK and use the Canadian hotels wifi when in canada and no issues for me so far.
So it is best to make sure I dont allow automatic timezone, but set it on manual?

My current settings are:
Set time automatic - yes
Set timezone automatc - no

I guess if both are set to "no", it should be safe?

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
So it is best to make sure I dont allow automatic timezone, but set it on manual?

My current settings are:
Set time automatic - yes
Set timezone automatc - no

I guess if both are set to "no", it should be safe?
My settings are
Set automatically = Yes
Time Zone = London

I dont change anything. When i am next in canada i will see if the time zone changes

My settings are
Set automatically = Yes
Time Zone = London

I dont change anything. When i am next in canada i will see if the time zone changes
I hate to say it but that's what I did. Automatic off. Time zone UK. @Cosmic Blue answer makes most sense. If there is a time code embedded in the uk Wi-Fi I used, and my tablet is a French times code, yes there would be a difference.

I think best for me as my trips are short turn it off - Wi-Fi and don't do alliance tasks. Makes it a bit boring though.

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
My settings are
Set automatically = Yes
Time Zone = London
I hate to say it but that's what I did. Automatic off. Time zone UK. @Cosmic Blue answer makes most sense. If there is a time code embedded in the uk Wi-Fi I used, and my tablet is a French times code, yes there would be a difference.

I think best for me as my trips are short turn it off - Wi-Fi and don't do alliance tasks. Makes it a bit boring though.
i leave automatic on not off

I have a Samsung tablet and under the automatic date and time it says 'use network provided time'. So if I leave automatic time change on, it will change to UK time automatically. I'm a Brit exiled in France, so my default time is French, my network is French. Don't understand how your system could work for my machine. It maybe different for an iPad.

Sorry if you think I'm being stupid!

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
I have a Samsung tablet and under the automatic date and time it says 'use network provided time'. So if I leave automatic time change on, it will change to UK time automatically. I'm a Brit exiled in France, so my default time is French, my network is French. Don't understand how your system could work for my machine. It maybe different for an iPad.

Sorry if you think I'm being stupid!
I have a Canadian acer table let me check what settings are on that cos i dont touch anything on there either and again haven't had a problem physically changing time zones

Top Bottom