Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Big Update - NOV-Oct-sept 2015 ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
I once got the warning too. Could not figure out why either. Seems to me to be a super-bug in the system. It should be a protection against cheaters, which I endorse, it however affects also normal behaviour. I have blocked the automatic time adjustment in my i-Pad settings (G!s recommendation) but it still is a strange solution..... Thumbs crossed it will not happen again.
Yea.... This event, things got really wierd..... Updated games have back to school event, first day was normal, doing flights to get more universities. ..... The second day, the black graduation cap is missing and the countdown clock for event still there..... Wierd.... I logged out and back in quite a few times, even restarting my phone...... On the 4th day, back to normal and I have enough to complete event.... I complete and my reward building is the Einstein Tower, thats not right.... Next day, event is still going, WOW!!!!! I complete again, correct reward building..... Couple of hours later, I get the time traveling message. ...... Before any of this happened, this wonderful update, I could no longer visit or send gifts..... iOS still has no update so I am figuring its because of the major problems GI is dealing with.... I guess.... I just would like them to get this figured out soon so we all can get back to normal.... I have been saving up for green parties but holding off untill things are back to normal....

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
With the obvious complexity of this game's programming, I'm surprised that GI/Road 404 decided to go for one huge update rather than a number of smaller ones. Experience tells us that large updates are problematical in AC.
I would have been thrilled to get the Reserve Hangar as an update. Then a week or so later, the Back to School quest. Then the new user interface somewhere down the road. Then the Alliances.
I understand them wanting to make a big splash, but not when the big splash sinks the game.
Just my opinion.
Cheers,
Tom

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
With the obvious complexity of this game's programming, I'm surprised that GI/Road 404 decided to go for one huge update rather than a number of smaller ones. Experience tells us that large updates are problematical in AC.
I would have been thrilled to get the Reserve Hangar as an update. Then a week or so later, the Back to School quest. Then the new user interface somewhere down the road. Then the Alliances.
I understand them wanting to make a big splash, but not when the big splash sinks the game.
Just my opinion.
Cheers,
Tom
Very true my friend :) That was way too much to release at one time.... The reserve hanger is way cool but after the fifth slot, gets a little pricey. ... I do not understand the alliance chat, all u do is fly ur planes, space launches should have had this feature first...... The numer of flights do not count, the amount of passengers flown is counted..... Now counting stars is a thing of the past, everyone will have 200+ stars in no time at all....

HP-

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
043ukrng
Username
HP-
I haven't had problems after this latest update until now. I got the time traveller message, and now I can't add fuel to the launch I joined. I'll send a ticket to support and we'll see what they come up with this time.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
I don't play fanatic like some do, but with the university challenge I decided to get some extra stars (Edinburgh, Leuven, Kyoto). Not with a lot of extra fuel, but normally.... 2 flights a day for each plane.......
Last night I sent out my last plane so they would all return the next morning......
After opening the game this morning, ALMOST everything was still the same way it was 10 hours earlier!!! Not even the 20 minute buildings had reset!!! Fuel counter was 10 and not 107. The only counter that did work was the one from the green launch. That was the only one that did not stand still.
The only explenation I have is it returned to the last saved version on the server when it connected at startup.... Normally my game is not online in the morning, it was this morning :-(

I have decided to finish the quest today and leave the stars as they were.... I didn't like the travelling back in time.... And I don't want to be punished for timetraveling because GI doesn't have a proper control over synchronising the game when connections to the server.....

From now on back to the old way..... First opening the game..... Then turn on the WiFi for synchronasation..........

Fortunately I manged to complete last night with all stars but I get the impression there is a local file that's new that saves progress, hence backups not always working. Full backups are massive now and take ages :mad:
I don't play fanatic like some do, but with the university challenge I decided to get some extra stars (Edinburgh, Leuven, Kyoto). Not with a lot of extra fuel, but normally.... 2 flights a day for each plane.......
Last night I sent out my last plane so they would all return the next morning......
After opening the game this morning, ALMOST everything was still the same way it was 10 hours earlier!!! Not even the 20 minute buildings had reset!!! Fuel counter was 10 and not 107. The only counter that did work was the one from the green launch. That was the only one that did not stand still.
The only explenation I have is it returned to the last saved version on the server when it connected at startup.... Normally my game is not online in the morning, it was this morning :-(

I have decided to finish the quest today and leave the stars as they were.... I didn't like the travelling back in time.... And I don't want to be punished for timetraveling because GI doesn't have a proper control over synchronising the game when connections to the server.....

From now on back to the old way..... First opening the game..... Then turn on the WiFi for synchronasation..........

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Fortunately I manged to complete last night with all stars but I get the impression there is a local file that's new that saves progress, hence backups not always working. Full backups are massive now and take ages :mad:
I tried to Back-up a long time ago.... I could not get it working so I gave up....
If something goes wrong with the game, no back-up for me but a restore through GI....

Alfonz Senki

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
main: alnmgae, support: 04ms6v1e, 2nd support: a0o8r60
Username
main: AS-..... (the item I need the most), support: AS-no_gift!
I think you are right. Even if we understand, the approval of iOS updates take a lot of time, the correct response of the company should be regular updates. They wasted the summer, making an update for iOS without any new feature, not even compatible with the current event.

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
Since I just got an update for a different GI game (Maritime Kingdom), I think this thread should be updated to add November to the update title.

Might as well add "2016" to the title too, lol. As an iOS user, I feel left out! But...on the bright side, all these bugs I read about will hopefully be sorted out before iOS update comes out! Halloween quest...maybe a return of the Thanksgiving quest...Christmas...lots to hopefully look forward to.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
I hate to say this, but with the alliance in the game now, it's just getting way to expensive. Your alliance would have to spend $200 to $500 on a weekly basis to just stay in the top 20 to get a map. It's just insane. I have a GREAT alliance team headed up by @M22 and I appreciate all you do. Sorry it's just frustrating and expensive. I will do my best to keep up. Instead of us becoming friends it seems with the alliance increasing competition we have become enemies. Once iOS gets the alliance it will be insane. Sorry Ivan with the massive cost to run alliance I am quickly losing interest in this game. And over the years I have spent my fair share of money on this game. No I am not quitting, but it's close.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Might as well add "2016" to the title too, lol. As an iOS user, I feel left out! But...on the bright side, all these bugs I read about will hopefully be sorted out before iOS update comes out! Halloween quest...maybe a return of the Thanksgiving quest...Christmas...lots to hopefully look forward to.
Well it cost a fortune to be in the top 20 to get a MAP. It's ruining the game.

I hate to say this, but with the alliance in the game now, it's just getting way to expensive. Your alliance would have to spend $200 to $500 on a weekly basis to just stay in the top 20 to get a map. It's just insane. I have a GREAT alliance team headed up by @M22 and I appreciate all you do. Sorry it's just frustrating and expensive. I will do my best to keep up. Instead of us becoming friends it seems with the alliance increasing competition we have become enemies. Once iOS gets the alliance it will be insane. Sorry Ivan Free2Play with the massive cost to run alliance I am quickly losing interest in this game. And over the years I have spent my fair share of money on this game. No I am not quitting, but it's close.
Chad, I totally appreciate what you are saying. I've been on holiday in Spain for the last week but actually felt pressed into playing and that's not what I want. Plus clearly everyone is cheating at the top. It ain't worth it for those maps.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Chad, I totally appreciate what you are saying. I've been on holiday in Spain for the last week but actually felt pressed into playing and that's not what I want. Plus clearly everyone is cheating at the top. It ain't worth it for those maps.
I agree, I hope you are not disappointed in my play and passengers. I agree, it's nearly impossible to get in the top 20 if you don't cheat. It will only get worse with iOS working. All for a MAP which I will have to sell or store a 500,000 coin plane. You are running a great alliance. @M22

Reactions: M22

Agree with both of you.
Not only does it cost a lot of fuel and a couple of bonuses, it also takes a lot of time.

I spent the whole weekend chasing planes & passengers. All for a map and alliance reputation.
At some point you have to wonder if it's worth it?

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
I hate to say this, but with the alliance in the game now, it's just getting way to expensive. Your alliance would have to spend $200 to $500 on a weekly basis to just stay in the top 20 to get a map. It's just insane. I have a GREAT alliance team headed up by @M22 and I appreciate all you do. Sorry it's just frustrating and expensive. I will do my best to keep up. Instead of us becoming friends it seems with the alliance increasing competition we have become enemies. Once iOS gets the alliance it will be insane. Sorry Ivan with the massive cost to run alliance I am quickly losing interest in this game. And over the years I have spent my fair share of money on this game. No I am not quitting, but it's close.

This was a fear of mine after reading some of the forum responses. I play this game for fun not as a job...

Last edited by a moderator:
Device
  1. Android
I would say not only cheater, tricker also have the advantages...... Problem from this job are passengers and fuel, and there are many back up applications in the Play.

Most of all, since the alliance released, I said it already....... Most of us lost already before the competition even starts.....

Good luck to all of u......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom