Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Big Update - NOV-Oct-sept 2015 ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5399

I guess there's a thing name Windows preview which is given to devolpers, they gets the update before us and Devolpers have received Ios 9.2 Update on 27 October for testing. So that they can test their products.
@AJ
A lot of previews are doled out to average every day users such as us. Beta testers are quite common. One just needs to know where to look and register.
I Beta tested NFSW, fo EA and Black Box dev team, as it was originally.
I've also been on the Beta testing end of Windows 8/8.1/ and 10 providing feedback based upon each build. This is good for a user to do, providing you do it on a separate drive.
And although each build might have bugs to work out, one still expects some glitches in the final releases.
For example, the 64 bit version of Win 10 had it's own bugs, and no matter what I do on my tablet a 32 bit system, there are a few kinks that i don't know are BIOS related/ device related/and or OS related.
But Beta testers, we help the devs, to make it better. And believe me when I say, there have been several times over the years I ended up formatting the drive I used to test on, due to bugs and glitches that never went away, until I had done so.
So it isn't always laying blame on devs either. I didn't Beta test anything for GI, but I do recall having been in on the early stages of the Defiance game, the SYFY show was/is based on. All those who tested in the beginning did so on an individual level. However once the devs flipped the switch for all testers to interact from around the world, right away the servers went into overload and shut down.
Getting up and brushing the dust off their pant legs, they got right back on the horse, the bicycle, or right back to work to make it right.
So it isn't necessarily true that devs get the update before us. Developers might get updated on glitches from us Beta testers, before releasing the final upgrade.

D

Deleted member 5399

By the way @greensmith
I agree, slow and steady wins the race. Throwing everything out there on any device in one ' BIG UPDATE EVER',
is not a good way to do it. Failure is imminent to say the least. We certainly see that happening right now.

Continuum

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
aj7xdz4
Username
Continuum
So far I have seen more or less great support (via support system) from GI.
I have had my share of problems in last 18-20 months of playing this game - time travelling issues, maybe first account takeover, not been able to redeem greens in game, problem with time in game,....
Only issue that hasn't been solved or compensated so far is issue with Reserve Hangar planes and deleting hangars. I do trust that I will be compensated for the loss and I know not to try that again until the update.
Sometimes they do solve issue fast, sometimes it does take that a bit longer (30 days and 2 attempts to get my account after I ended in someones game) - but they do resolve issues.
And they do try. Don't forget that they are humans too - sympathy and empathy are required in both directions.
Yes - I'm on Android so I did get new events and iOS/Win users didn't - but I could have lived without them for month or two more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom