Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Benefits for Windows PC Players

This has probably been asked before, but couldn't find anything about it.

When will Windows PC players have the same benefits as Android? Allow us to watch a video to complete a building, or to gain items for that building. Install a game and complete the tutorial for free greenies. Get fuel by watching a video.

I think it is obvious by now that windows PC users form a large consumer base for this game, and should be allowed some of the same benefits as android users.

Don't want to tag anyone on this post, but hopefully it will be seen by those who need to see it.

@crescent moon Those benefits come from cross-selling other GI products. First thing you should ask is: "are those products available on Win?" And in most cases it's "no".
Then they need to develop products that are available on windows!!! If they are going to rank us with android, we should have the same advantages. Or keep the rankings separate.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Then they need to develop products that are available on windows!!!
Airport City is quite unique, because it was developed by a Russian company. Windows and Windows Phone are way more popular in Eastern Europe, and that is probably why there even is a Windows version of AC at all. GI don't make anything, they only license games from devs, so unless they sign more Russian devs, they're unlikely to get more Windows products. Any way, Microsoft already considered defeat on mobile front and left Windows Phone platform dead in the water, so most likely there will be even less new Windows developments.

In other words: Americans bought too much iPhones instead of Lumias so now we're doomed to Android and iOS : )

If they are going to rank us with android, we should have the same advantages. Or keep the rankings separate.
Well, that's one way of seeing that. The other way is that any separation is an unfair advantage to the weaker.
And then there is technical question of managing one vs many servers and we all know what finances department will always chose : )

Airport City is quite unique, because it was developed by a Russian company. Windows and Windows Phone are way more popular in Eastern Europe, and that is probably why there even is a Windows version of AC at all. GI don't make anything, they only license games from devs, so unless they sign more Russian devs, they're unlikely to get more Windows products. Any way, Microsoft already considered defeat on mobile front and left Windows Phone platform dead in the water, so most likely there will be even less new Windows developments.

In other words: Americans bought too much iPhones instead of Lumias so now we're doomed to Android and iOS : )

Well, that's one way of seeing that. The other way is that any separation is an unfair advantage to the weaker.
And then there is technical question of managing one vs many servers and we all know what finances department will always chose : )
Oh @Agent_L
Let me have my dreams. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Windows and Windows Phone are way more popular in Eastern Europe, and that is probably why there even is a Windows version of AC at all. GI don't make anything, they only license games from devs, so unless they sign more Russian devs, they're unlikely to get more Windows products.

Actually, no.
Our studio is part of Game Insight, and others are too.
And Windows version of AC exists because there're AC players there — that's about it. That's a good reason enough by itself!
If you've played Windows version long enough, you've probably noticed it took us quite some time to bring it up to date with earlier released Android and iOS versions, but since then we've continously reduced the gap between updates on all three. It now takes days, not weeks or months for an update to arrive on Windows after it's live on other versions. We strive to release every update everywhere simultaneously, and that's our long-term goal.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Actually, no.
Our studio is part of Game Insight, and others are too.
And Windows version of AC exists because there're AC players there — that's about it. That's a good reason enough by itself!
If you've played Windows version long enough, you've probably noticed it took us quite some time to bring it up to date with earlier released Android and iOS versions, but since then we've continously reduced the gap between updates on all three. It now takes days, not weeks or months for an update to arrive on Windows after it's live on other versions. We strive to release every update everywhere simultaneously, and that's our long-term goal.
Sorry I assumed GI/404 relationship for a publishing deal. But details of your cooperation change nothing, the only thing that maters is that your studio is Russian while some others are not.
I wasn't talking about AC , I talked about other games. Most of GI games are Android+IOS only. AC is a rare breed not only on global scale but even in GI's stable.
I never denied that the reason of making WP version is that there are WP players. I said that those players are in eastern Europe, hence Russian devs are more likely to notice them.

Top Bottom